What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica - The Search for Trip Weed

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I've started some Zamaldelica seeds, and I wanted to document my search for a trippy smoke that I hope to find from this strain. What I mean by trippy is a feeling like looking at the world through fresh eyes. I want that feeling where everyday sights are now new and amazing, like a blind man who is just now seeing for the first time, or like I am on a different planet. I want to go outside, and be keenly aware of all the living things around me, where it seems that all the animals and plants seem to notice that I notice them. In fact, it is almost like they gather around as if they know that I am one with them, and mean them no harm. In a phrase from the Wizard of Oz, I want to feel like I'm "not in Kansas anymore".

Even though I have experienced weed like this in the past, it was rare, and seems to be extremely rare in my experience these days. This is setting a very high bar to get over, and it is very unlikely that I will be able to find this again. However, comments from posters here on ICMAG about Zamal and Zamal crosses have given me hope. I hope that these ICMAG contributors do not mind if I quote them here, because they make me believe that they know what I am talking about. I hope you enjoy these quotes as much as I did when I read them.

Dubi - "I remember walking with a friend in the city, totally disoriented. We were walking in streets we know since we are children but we almost coudnt recognize them. It looked like a different place or city for us. We neither knew what we were doing or going, walking without direction around the old streets of my city."

British Hempire – "wow, what a smoke, very very potent, all in the head, a clear, electric, euphoric racing high, I'm a very experienced, hardcore smoker, I smoke all day every day yet this stuff had me higher that I think I've ever been before and positively messed up my friends who tried some. I took a walk to my friends house, a place I have been many many times and couldn't find it, walked up and down the street looking for the house, then had to ring him on my mobile phone as I got really confused, just awesome stuff. I have been in a satate ot total euphoria on this stuff, makes you talk a lot about mad ideas, sing silly little songs to yourself and wander about looking very baked but grinning insanely, just as close to herbal acid as I've ever experienced, straight to the number one slot on my list of best smokes."

Terpene - "...all I can say is HOLY S***. If you are looking for the terror ridden, thai clarity..." "First two hours were INTENSE, scary to the point anyone who wasn't a seasoned smoker would not want to be high anymore..." "...you see at 2 frames per second and there are a lot of "whoa, how long have I been here...... wait, did that just happen?" moments."

Xinox - "...first time i try it, i just look at the street through the window and i literally bug on it..." "you have some kind of slight stroboscopic effect. Then you feel some waves in your body, like you are carry in a wave. We also try this weed at 5 on my vaporizer and the conclusion of the assembly was clear that this weed is heavy shit..." "The high is strong but also very clear, it's indeed very psychedelic and long lasting. This pheno is almost hallucinatory, with some very visuel kind of effects. I'm quiet sure that this weed could easily paralyze a beiginner."

Dubi - "Zamal has a unique kind of high, it's crazy, psychedelic and out of control, especially i have found extremely powerful and crazy plants crossing zamal with other sats and sat/ind hybrids. It has huge breeding potential to get incredible sativa experiences in the hybrids..." "...with a terrorific electric high. It can produce serious paranoia and anxiety when correctly grown..." "...some phenos produced some of the most powerful sativa high i've ever smoked. A mix between anphetamine and LSD." "It was an overpowering accelerated, psychedelic, disorienting crazy high." "Zamal lemon produced one of the closest experience to LSD i've had smoking cannabis."

VanVulpen – "...added a totally new dimension to the musical experience, and gave me the true meaning of "rollercoaster weed""

DeadM -"...another one was terrorific..many friend after one can't smoke anymore of it ..they were unable to speak and move..."

Chamba – "...it was very intelligent and trippy in a way that I often felt like (if I smoked enough of it) of watching myself from above which gave a new perspective of things..at the same time it took ages to put my shoes on!"

BongHitter99 - "…walking back to my room and WHAM! I’m fucking high now!....electric fiery energy courses through my body…heat felt in chest and face…my hearts pounding hard now, I know im in for a ride....feeling extreme euphoria, almost like I want to love the whole world…this is some serious love weed for sure!...very UPBEAT! And motivating …..clear, no couchlock or heavy body load, ….this shit is great for club hopping, partying, socializing….this high just takes your breath away in awe..."

Unknown Guest - "No doubt the very best weed I smoked in my life was Zamal. It only happened to me a couple of times to find some stash that reminded of zamal's quality in holland. The best weed is the one that was not touched nor fertilized by man during its whole life. When they hear about our HPSs and fertilizers stuff, they laugh a lot."

Laugan Gaucher - I love Haze! I don't like most of powered zamal/haze hybrids. psychotic and hallucinogenic. Like Lsd or psilocybine you can have good time and bad time at the same time."

Mosca Negra - "Gerrit's Zamal is some SUPER FINE SMOKE!!!"

All the Best,

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hello,

I don't have a lot of room in my grow cabinet, so I'm only going to be able to grow 1 to 3 at most at a time. I acquired 4 packs of Zamaldelica, so this may be a long haul. Zamaldelica is Zamal x Golden Tiger. Golden Tiger is a cross between Meao Thai and Malawi. In my limited experience, I'd describe some descendents of the "killer Malawi" cut from Dubi as more stupefying than trippy. I should qualify this by saying that everyone has their own definition of trippy, and I believe the same bud can have different effects on different people. The Thai weed I have had in the past ring my bell. I've also got the goods with a Haze, a Sumatran, and a very old school Jamaican Ganja, as well as some Colombians, though most Colombians lean towards a more dreamy almost drunk like feeling for me. Malawi seemed to have a short internode length compared to most Thai sativas that I have seen or grown. Therefore, In the hopes of getting a more trippy and Thai leaning pheno, I sprouted the entire fist pack of Zamaldelicas and have already culled the fatter leaved, darker color, and shorter internode individuals. If I am wrong, then at the worst, according to most accounts, I'll have a powerful and dense version. I do like variety.

Here are the finalists for the first grow.

ZD1 looks the most sativa like to me. It has the skinniest leaves and the lightest color. It also has the second longest internode length so far. Some of the serrations look like the Thai I have grown in the past. Some of them are big and jagged, but also rounded off a bit at the tip, which looks like a Sumatran that I have once seen. I must not be so good at photography, because I have a hard time capturing the traits that I see. This is the best I can do. In some cases, you'll have to trust me about some of these traits:
picture.php

ZD2 easily has the longest internode length. The first set of branches seem to want to grow horizontally. I'm hoping that this is a Meao Thai leaning one. I'm far from sure on this, as I have not seen many good pictures of Meao Thai, and the ones that I have seen do not look like the Thai varieties I have experience with. I saw a Koh Chang Thai x Haze picture with giant serrations that looked like Thais that I have seen with my own eyes.
picture.php

ZD3 - I'm not sure about this one. Looks a bit like a Golden Tiger male I have, except more squat. Sometimes they change as they grow and get more mature.

picture.php

This is ZD4. It looks like ZD2, but with a little bit shorter internode, and a lighter color:

picture.php

Another ZD4 picture:
picture.php

I hope that people with experience growing Malawi, Meao Thai, Zamal, and Zamaldelica will give their opinions on the leanings of these seedlings. It will be much apprecaiated.

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

sweet-emotion

Veteran
genius idea ThaiBliss, its always interesting reading you...I look for the same sensations in weed...I'll be starting 6 Zamaldelicas and 6 VbxT next week...good luck with this project

ThaiBliss

Veteran
genius idea ThaiBliss, its always interesting reading you...I look for the same sensations in weed...I'll be starting 6 Zamaldelicas and 6 VbxT next week...good luck with this project

Sweet,

If you don't start your own thread, please post your pictures and observations here. If you do create a thread, post the link here so we can follow you.

:biggrin:

I like Dubi's descriptions of Vietnam Black, as "expansive". I take that to mean mind expanding. It's a beautiful looking plant. I think it looks a bit like Oaxacan 79. Coincidentally, descriptions of the effects seem a bit similar also. I'd love to hear what you think about the smoke.

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

sweet-emotion

Veteran
Sweet,

If you don't start your own thread, please post your pictures and observations here. If you do create a thread, post the link here so we can follow you.

:biggrin:

I like Dubi's descriptions of Vietnam Black, "expansive". I take that to mean mind expanding. It's a beautiful looking plant. I think it looks a bit like Oaxacan 79. Coincidentally, descriptions of the effects seem a bit similar also. I'd love to hear what you think about the smoke.

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

It would be really good if it's expansive in that way, it's what I'm looking for. I'll post some pics as they grow. They will be grown outdoors, so we'll have to wait till april or may to see what's the smoke like...if I get some girls!!

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Thanks for sharing TB, you will not be disappointed in your quest. I have grown Zamaldellica and all phenos from the females were trippy smoke and truly leave you high and out there. I have not found a Sativa to match it yet.

They look good and healthy. Will be following this thread.

Good one.

orfeas

Veteran
Hi there TB!
Apparently your quest is not strictly personal around here, quite a few will be pursueing including meself. Yet, 'till next season comes along I'll be tail-following yours hoping the best outcome ever!

P.S. I find your explicit to-the-point writing of yours very interesting to read!

idiit

Veteran
frosty mum malawi, strong meao thai influenced, zamal like a cherry on top.

'nuff said!

:)

idiit

Veteran
dubi is the authority.

i'm an enthusiastic amateur.

from my limited experience i have observed that meao thai is pretty recessive. frosty malawi girl is somewhat recessive. zamal and malawi in general are dominate.

taking clones from the trippiest zamaldelica and running them seems like a good path.

keeping a good amount of fresh viable zamaldelica f2's stored in case the best trippy zamaldelica female is lost ensures a source of future "trip queens".

The old freebie Zamal Guerrit's cut X Meao Thai Kaiki's male, would be a whole different stuff!

oh yeah.

:)

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings Everyone,

Thanks for the interest, kind words, and encouragement. With regards to keeping the Thai influence, I am nearly a fanatic. Can't you tell? I keep three seed lines that I have had for 31 years. These lines occasionally get brought together in one line, then divided into multiple lines again. Thai has been in it from the start. Nearly everything I grow, test, and possibly get crossed into one of these lines has Thai in it, or Haze, which also has Thai in it. I have been exploring ACE's genetics because a large portion of Dubi's offerings have been crossed with Thai. The exception is Bangi Haze, which will get crossed into my one line that is my early ripening, and effects, priority line. My other two lines are both prioritized for effect only. Anything that I come across with couch-lock gets culled. I have not bread any new strain into any of these three lines for eight years, not even my current 3 year champion, SAGE. SAGE has Haze (Thai) in it. SAGE will likely get into the line at some point, perhaps by way of Purple Haze Thai x SAGE to increase the Haze and Thai influence.

With all that said, I agree that the Thai effects that I love are recessive. Thai is so unique and rare, and the full blown effects are almost always lost when crossed with something else. The big exception is a Haze individual that I once had that was full blown Thai type effect, but even improved with a strong euphoric component that nearly cancelled out the edginess of the Thai. It did not breed true, but I'll never stop trying.

Late for work because of my fanaticism, again. Got to go.

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
So what characterizes a Thai high, compared to a typical haze?

I'm not sure I'm the best one to answer about the Haze, but I'll try. I have only smoked one Haze that was impressive.

First I'll try to put in words the Thai high that I feel. When the high comes on, I feel nervous, energetic, and scared that something profound is about to happen. Imagine that you are at Cape Canaveral and somehow got onto the launch pad. You take a look inside the rocket, and suddenly the door locks behind you and you hear a countdown start. You decide you had better put on the seat belt, but you fumble with the locking mechanism. You look out the port hole, and a policeman is looking in and wagging his finger at you in a scolding way. And all the while... the countdown is moving towards zero!

The rocket ignites, you feel a strong forward momentum, and you start shaking. My teeth are actually buzzing, like on the edge of numbness. But you somehow got the seatbelt locked, and everything is going to be O.K..., everything is going to be O.K... everything is...

As it turns out, everything is O.K.! The shaking, and acceleration stops, and you start to feel more like you are floating. You are above the clouds, and the sun is so bright. So bright that you are squinting. You sure wish you had sunglasses. You look in the mirror and your eyes look like they are bleeding, and only the squinting is preventing you from bleeding to death, and the notion is frigging hilarious to you. Your sides ache from laughing so hard.

Suddenly, you find yourself back home in your garden. Colors a brighter and vivid. You notice everything around you like never before. You notice the Coopers hawk in the tree, and the aphid on the leaf. The leaf has an aura around it. The whole world is like a impressionistic painting. No one thing is in focus, but somehow everything is more clear in a fuzzy colorful way. Light emanates from everything.

Just as you are thinking "what a wild and beautiful day this has been", you look at your watch and it has only been 45 minutes! You have 6 more hours of floating around feeling very good as it very slowly dissipates!

Most of the Hazes I have grown and smoked were very pleasant and very long lasting. I did not keep them. One was simply the best ever. Even better than my beloved Thai. It was almost as intense, and similar in effect as Thai, but minus most of the scary paranoia. Instead, it had a more pronounced euphoria to it. It also had a consciousness phase shift like psilocybin. I had already decided it was a dud, and then instantly, I was on a different plane. Later, I actually felt a wave of warmth wash over me as I hit the peak. Like a beautiful woman was smiling at me and I was blushing.

This particular Haze was the inspiration for my name, and for my breeding goal.

I hope this helps,

ThaiBliss

smk8000

I'm not sure I'm the best one to answer about the Haze, but I'll try. I have only smoked one Haze that was impressive.

First I'll try to put in words the Thai high that I feel. When the high comes on, I feel nervous, energetic, and scared that something profound is about to happen. Imagine that you are at Cape Canaveral and somehow got onto the launch pad. You take a look inside the rocket, and suddenly the door locks behind you and you hear a countdown start. You decide you had better put on the seat belt, but you fumble with the locking mechanism. You look out the port hole, and a policeman is looking in and wagging his finger at you in a scolding way. And all the while... the countdown is moving towards zero!

The rocket ignites, you feel a strong forward momentum, and you start shaking. My teeth are actually buzzing, like on the edge of numbness. But you somehow got the seatbelt locked, and everything is going to be O.K..., everything is going to be O.K... everything is...

As it turns out, everything is O.K.! The shaking, and acceleration stops, and you start to feel more like you are floating. You are above the clouds, and the sun is so bright. So bright that you are squinting. You sure wish you had sunglasses. You look in the mirror and your eyes look like they are bleeding, and only the squinting is preventing you from bleeding to death, and the notion is frigging hilarious to you. Your sides ache from laughing so hard.

Suddenly, you find yourself back home in your garden. Colors a brighter and vivid. You notice everything around you like never before. You notice the Coopers hawk in the tree, and the aphid on the leaf. The leaf has an aura around it. The whole world is like a impressionistic painting. No one thing is in focus, but somehow everything is more clear in a fuzzy colorful way. Light emanates from everything.

Just as you are thinking "what a wild and beautiful day this has been", you look at your watch and it has only been 45 minutes! You have 6 more hours of floating around feeling very good as it very slowly dissipates!

Most of the Hazes I have grown and smoked were very pleasant and very long lasting. I did not keep them. One was simply the best ever. Even better than my beloved Thai. It was almost as intense, and similar in effect as Thai, but minus most of the scary paranoia. Instead, it had a more pronounced euphoria to it. It also had a consciousness phase shift like psilocybin. I had already decided it was a dud, and then instantly, I was on a different plane. Later, I actually felt a wave of warmth wash over me as I hit the peak. Like a beautiful woman was smiling at me and I was blushing.

I hope this helps,

ThaiBliss

Where can you find Zamal seeds? If you know, how does it differ from the Golden Tiger? Effects, flowering time, structure, yield, etc. Thanks in advance. I like the way you describe the effects of cannabis. Too many people just say "It gets me keyed"
"It's fire" or something like that. I'm a connoisseur that notices the intricacies of different strains. I've never grown Thai's, malawi's etc. Only sativa doms have been haze hybrids. Looking for something much more exciting but without a TON of paranoia. Something that lights your face up like a christmas tree and everything you do feels like the funnest thing you've ever done in your life.

orfeas

Veteran

I hope this helps,

ThaiBliss

Hadn't it been for your own personal aspirations, subtlety and esoteric mechanism(+ few other factors I don't seem to come up with), that herb would definitely be the one I'd be seeking after:biggrin: