What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whats the hottest you have grown in with good results?

jumpman233345

The more i read about optimal temperatures the more i see people saying that 30 - 33 constant ,works in there grow room without change in growth nor having airy buds.
So many times have a read tonight that its been doable/done with results for them

So what is the most you guys have grown in without having problems? Im not interested in answers which say 25-27 is optimal BLAH BLAH im looking for the answers of people who battle these temps and still have great results
go
:woohoo:

Depends, maybe the people quoting 30-33 C are letting the thermometer get hit by the light, in which case, they aren't testing the air temperature but rather radiant energy. But without CO2 enrichment, air temps that high are detrimental. Then again, as long as you have good root temps, the air temp can be higher or lower than optimal and the plant will still grow. A good example is growing out doors in hot, dry places that reach temperatures and humidities that most indoor grows would suffer at.

TLoft13

I see it as a tradeoff, 28 degree celsius and a bit above may get you a bit faster growth if all else is dialed in, BUT:
1. Your plants need more water.
2. They may experience a bit of stress.
3. You make the room more inviting/hospital for some dangerous pests.
4. You probably have to heat at night if you want to keep the day-night differential at under 5 degrees to keep the plants compact.

That said, I've been running 28-29 degrees in soil/without CO2 and been very happy with the results.
Someone more knowledgeable please correct me if I am wrong in my ideas.

DarthFader1

Veteran
Ive had my fair share of battling hot temps. Ive grown in 33degrees during summer indoors and whilst not ideal, you will get away with it. Just makes sure you have good ventilation moving lots of air around, even if its hot air being moved. Weed is a very versatile plant, think about outdoors, where in some regions it will get well above 33 in flower consistently. Your plants will need more water, and some pests will enjoy those hotter temps so keep a eye for that too.

peace
darth

EDIT: And yes be aware where you put your thermometer, too close to the light will give you a false reading. I usually put mine at canopy level for more accurate readings.

Outdoors it hits over the 90s nearly every day mid season and our plants tend to be very nice. Indoors I always strive to make it feel like one more room, as in the same as the rest of the place.

Sorry 'bout my countrys' wild and whacky system of measurement. I'm talking farenheit here.

T

trichster

33 C will grow big buds but they will lack in taste and smell. The plants will suck up more water and in turn grow faster and bigger but the trade off is buds that arent nearly as tasty as they would be if temps were ideal. You can not compare indoor and outdoor, the plants are totally different.

X

xxDR.KICKASSxx

i keep my room between 75 to 80 and that seems to work really good but a few summers ago my cooler took a shit so i ended up finishing the last two months in 93 degrees.the yield wasnt as good but the meds were still top shelf

DevilWeedSeeds

Private Breeder
ICMag Donor
With temps in the 30 -33 range your going to need larger pots, smaller pots are going to dry out quickly and need to be watered lots. If they dry out too fast it will stress the plants.

intotheunknown

Veteran
indoors during the summertime, I have now decided to shut down my flower room, reduce to clones and grow those out until the heat is gone.

just another thought.

Granger2

Veteran
CO2 allows you to do well in higher temps. With CO2, you should be able to grow nice aromatic bud up to say...27. You'll want your lamps high. Over 27, and the terpenes start evaporating, leaving you with buds that may be quite potent, but lacking in flavor and smell. Good luck. -granger

Latest posts

Latest posts