What's new

Good Out Door Srains for Ireland?

cobo

Hey former Hydro grower but no longer in posion to grow at home any more. So I really miss my own stash and there is some real shite knocking about on the market and prices are ridicules’. So I’ve been thinking of finding some spots out in the mountains to grow. I have never grown outdoors or in soil so I badly need some Input from the more experience guys here.

I need to know some good strains for the Irish climate and I also need to know what sort of soil, compost, and ferts I need to buy, best time to plant and any other general advice you can give to me.

AMS by Green House Seeds is tough as nails. Cold & wet are not a problem with this strain. For planting holes, just dig them the size of five gallon buckets and backfill them with a mix of: 50 % well aged compost (bagged from a garden store is OK), 20 % perlite, 20 % peat moss and 10 % worm castings. This will provide a soft start soil, that will not burn you seedlings. As for what kind of ferts you have available there ??? A list of what's there, would aid in a good suggestion. The best time to plant, is the same time frame you would plant a vegetable garden.

Fingaz2

Hi Cobo, growing in the mountains? Always thought plants should do well over there. Sheep could be your biggest problem. Soil will range from boggy acid peat, to stoney boulders to heavy clay. It often surprises me how much clay you get in the mountains. Try to get a rough idea of what kind of soil you got. Look for well drained areas. Take a ph test. Avoid growing in areas with a lot of sedges, Poor drainage & acid soil. Dont worry too much about sheltered spots, cannabis can handle wind & rain lashing down more than shelter especially later when in bloom. Those very sheltered misty spots will give you more mould. Cannabis likes airflow & light in the autumn. Look for a strain that grows low, with strong stalks. Autos will do that, but I have no experience of these, perhaps others will chime in. Any plant with Erdbeer in its genes will do well in exposed locations, it is a swiss mountain strain after all. Very strong roots & stems, it laughs at bad weather. Paradise Seeds Rox might just fit the bill, low & bushy. Or try Erdpurt, or Afghani Erdpurt, similar plants, slightly larger but shorter flowering season. You will definately need some soil additives, sand, perlite, lime & some good soil/peat chicken poo mix. Good luck hauling them up those slopes.

Rox bud.

When was she ready to harvest?

I took samples at 55 days, but ran it to 65 days. The buds cut at 55 days, were just OK. When cut at 65 days, there was alot more resin, and it had more punch. So, this one needs a solid 9 weeks to reach it's full potential. I may run it 10 weeks next go round.

Stdane

Femaleseeds got a couple, outdoor Grapefruit and purple Maroc,there's Lebanese,Ierdbei,Rox,and get some danish crosses they should do well in Ireland.:tiphat:

Soil???? that shouldn't be so hart use good old potting-soil with some perlite and you should be on yer way,timeframe as said
earlier up,when you normally starts yer vegetable garden.Good luck mate!!

Bulldog501

get either some canadian genetics from UDG, some bluehemp strains from switzerland or some danish genetics or even better get some of all of them and you will have some dank smoke later that dont mold away like those so called outdoor strains from the larger companies that sucks above 45 northern latitude

please post some from the grow later

mmmmmm, e rocket x deep chunk by esb. Thats a tasty one, or my personal fave guerilla gold x danish passion. Theres a trifoliate pheno thats heavy in THC as well as CBD. It kicks ass and finishes in August. Id say thats what youre after.:dance013:
cheers
P.