What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dispensary Prices in Colorado

COconnoisseur

what are ur thoughts on the prices at dispensaries in Colorado? i have been a med patient for a couple of years and I am trying to figure out how/why dispensaries price their medicine they way that they do

What gives a dispensary the right to charge over $60/eighth? I like to medicate with only the best MMJ, but everytime I smoke a bowl of expensive medicine, I get a sick feeling that this is making me broke. I grew up here and never paid more than $50/eighth until I started going to dispensaries

I also don't understand dispensarys that grow their own and charge these high prices. That is the worst in my opinion. It's one thing to buy from a grower and mark up the prices, but to grow your own and charge these prices is absurd. If they think their medicine is that good, then why not be humble about it and charge a fair price? That would entice me to keep going back. When somebody grows their own and they charge such high prices, that is nothing beyond greed.

.♠.

I personally would not pay 60 an eighth. I choose to grow my own. That said, yes it is fair for them to charge what ever the customer is willing to pay. They could not charge such prices if people didn't keep buying it. Regardless if they grow their own or purchase it for resale, market price is market price, can't really blame the business for working the market, they are for profit.

Show them you don't need them by growing your own. If this is not a possibility then check into finding a personal caregiver. Work out a deal with them so that you get your meds at a greatly discounted price (or even free) and they get the overage to sell off or whatever.

P

~pHaNtOm~

t-type do you think that its fair to grow your own and charge $60 for a eighth?

when you have time invested and risk your life and your families life and pay for rent, electric, water, nutes, soil, buckets, lights, vents and tons of other stuff that ads up very quickly..

I think the real questions is who is forcing you to pay these prices?

with all the money being spent and the risk still involved why should they not charge 60-8th?

pleanty of places out here in colorado have DANK NUG for 35-45-8th all day long! if you cant find real deal dank meds for under 50 then you aint searching hard enough!!!!!!!!

and not to mention that the laws are changing so who knows how long you can charge these prices and make all this money.. people are cashing in because they can and they are doing it before they cant do it any longer.

j-fly

The places that get away with charging over $60 are the ones with good genetics, and awesome buds, much better than the average dispensaries. This one place in breck charges $75 and eighth. They are definatley greedy, but the og kush asterioid they sell for 75$ is definatley hands down the best medicine within an hour drive. People are wiilling to pay $75 because they cant find that high quality anywhere else. If more of these average dispensaries would step up the quality, then prices would even out a bit.

Greenmopho

You got two options
1)Pay market price
2)Grow your own

Pick one.

or
3)Assign someone as your caregiver, and get top shelf meds that don't go to dispensaries for much less!

No, on average, it costs growers between $800-$1000 per pound to produce it, including utilities, equipment, nutes, labor, etc.

So that comes out to $7 an eighth....$50 is still a pretty fair price for the best meds! Even if by some total fuck up, you waste a ton of nutes, and kill 1/2 your plants, say it costs you $4000 per pound, thats still just over $30 per eighth. Even at $50 bucks, your still making a good $20 on each eighth. Still a good 66% percent markup....people are just robbing each other right now...thats why the government wants to regulate it....not to stop it, but to cash in on all the robbing going on between patients and dispensaries.

.♠.;3405920 said:
I personally would not pay 60 an eighth. I choose to grow my own. That said, yes it is fair for them to charge what ever the customer is willing to pay. They could not charge such prices if people didn't keep buying it. Regardless if they grow their own or purchase it for resale, market price is market price, can't really blame the business for working the market, they are for profit.

Show them you don't need them by growing your own. If this is not a possibility then check into finding a personal caregiver. Work out a deal with them so that you get your meds at a greatly discounted price (or even free) and they get the overage to sell off or whatever.

Yup, simple economics! Boycott those fukrs.

Yeah I do, if people will pay it why not. If people wouldn't buy weed from them at 60 bucks an eighth they wouldn't sell it.

You are part of your own problem.

And when a dispensary has their own grow, they have MORE to make back than just a grower. Dispensaries supplying 70% of their own will only make prices go higher. Think about it. They have to pay rent on their dispensary, and their grow, 2 seperate licenses, all those patients, not just to grow, but to sell also, budtenders, storefront, advertisement, neon weed leaf signs, all that crap gets added into your eighth.....only $8-10 per eighth actually is required to grow it! Middle men......it reminds me of the breakdown of what a gallon of gas costs, and how little of it actually goes into making that gas....

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Ugh, seriously, the price question again? Stop whining and get out there and do something CONSTRUCTIVE about it if you don't like it. Either grow your own, or start a collective, or hell start your own dispensary...you can even call it "$20 eights!" for simplicity sake.

And don't call it robbery either. That's insulting all of those who've REALLY been robbed against their will. If you're paying for it willingly, it isn't robbery.

Ms_Weekend

thank you KJ.....just because I feel entitled to fly in a lear jet on vacation doesnt mean I can afford it....sometimes you got to fly southwest.

why does almost every joeschmoe stoner think every grower should sell thier hard work for dirt cheap?...BECAUSE THEY THEMSELVES HAVE NEVER GROWN A GOOD HARVEST IN THEIR LIFE.

j-fly

Fuck dispensaries and their weed, at any price point/quality! Greedy little fuckers... Wanna jump on the wagon? I got a wagon you can jump on!! Who dares to charge $75 for any meds? You crooks... let me guess "you got the patient in mind with that price" huh?
J set me up a "Pepsi Challenge" (quote of the month) with this 75 dollar make you holla bullshit. I want to see if I can make them cry...

We could go up there any time. They got 20 kinds of hash right now. I just figured they charge $75 because they constantly have the best bud of any dispensary in summit county. A lot of medical patients dont know anyone who grows there own, thats why they go to dispensaries. Dispensaries have a lot more investment costs than most people who grow out of their own houses. The loft is greedy, and i think $75 is ridiculous, but that is the reasoning behind it. Crazy as it is, there are people willing to pay those high prices for high quality. Not me. except im a sucker for good bubble. :gday:

j-fly

thank you KJ.....just because I feel entitled to fly in a lear jet on vacation doesnt mean I can afford it....sometimes you got to fly southwest.

why does almost every joeschmoe stoner think every grower should sell there hard work for dirt cheap?...BECAUSE THEY THEMSELVES HAVE NEVER GROWN A GOOD HARVEST IN THEIR LIFE.

I just think since its legal now, that the price should drop a bit, not go up to $75 an eighth. Dispensaries are for suckers, as cheaper prices can be found underground.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran

I think it is fair to grow and charge $300 an eighth if you wanted to especially if there were people willing to pay it. Does it make it right? Should it be like that?

Free Market or as close to free market can get within the marijuana scene itself.

You could charge $70 an eighth BUT if no one buys it you can do one of two things

1. get better bud that people would pay that much for
2. lower your prices to where the market decides it is worth it

I do NOT however think that clubs should be regulated and or capped on ANY price because even with the bullshit "it will help the patients from the greedy club owners" in the end price capping from ANYONE other than the person owning/running the business is NOT going to end up good in the long run.

Greenmopho

I do NOT however think that clubs should be regulated and or capped on ANY price because even with the bullshit "it will help the patients from the greedy club owners" in the end price capping from ANYONE other than the person owning/running the business is NOT going to end up good in the long run.

I agree, don't let people meddle in a free market. It will work itself out in the long run, remember, we are still in a BOOM with this industry. Most BOOMs like this usually carry some hyperinflation. The consumer has to even the market out. Don't buy at those prices no matter what the quality, and the price will slowly come down!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts