What's new

High Tempretures?

E

Empathy

Hey guys,

What are some of the highst temps you have had to grow in?

Ill be using a 250w HPS cool tube temps stay around 5 degrees above room temps. Lights will be run at night to battle the heat aswell. i know some hot days will get up to 35 degrees C and drop to around 24 - 26(room temp) at night. but on average around 22 - 24(room) at night? My exhaust is planed to exit the room so its not re circulated.

Will the heat be a major problem?

Emps

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
my grow grow tent stays at a steady 89 degrees Fahrenheit with excellent air flow. they love it!

Hank Hemp

Veteran
35C is a bit warm. Vent with good air flow you may be alright. Pest love warm temps and multiply more rapidly. Get them down if you can.

Quazi

Around the 90 degree F (32.2C) mark your photosynthesis production will start to degrade. Granted, some tropical strains can handle the higher temperatures. In addition, you can add CO2 to the environment to allow the plants to thrive at the higher temperatures.

That said: 95F (35C) is almost certainly too warm and your results will probably reflect this.

In general, you want to try and have your temps stay around 75-80F (23-27C) when lights are on for the best results.

When the temperatures start to get higher, photosynthesis can be affected, wispier, less full buds will probably form, and you start to invite other problems. As stated by Aeroguerilla you can successfully grow in the higher-temperature conditions, however, cannabis does not normally thrive in them or produce as much as it could under those better temperatures.

-Q :rasta:

brie

I keep my temps at 82 to keep electric bill lower you can grow at higher temps but it will increase chances for insects and disease

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
Around the 90 degree F (32.2C) mark your photosynthesis production will start to degrade. Granted, some tropical strains can handle the higher temperatures. In addition, you can add CO2 to the environment to allow the plants to thrive at the higher temperatures.

That said: 95F (35C) is almost certainly too warm and your results will probably reflect this.

In general, you want to try and have your temps stay around 75-80F (23-27C) when lights are on for the best results.

When the temperatures start to get higher, photosynthesis can be affected, wispier, less full buds will probably form, and you start to invite other problems. As stated by Aeroguerilla you can successfully grow in the higher-temperature conditions, however, cannabis does not normally thrive in them or produce as much as it could under those better temperatures.

Quazi, whats the highest you would recommend with CO2?

i think i know the answer but i am hoping if i keep asking eventually someone will give me an answer i like...

thanks man.

Rep

Quazi

I've read of successes in the low 90s with CO2-enriched environments. I've never created an environment where this was the case, but I've read of them.

b8man

Veteran
32C is when my plants start to really suffer.

Keep it cool and you'll have a much easier life.

E

Empathy

Thanks guys, gonna run some further tests. Havnt had the net for awhile. Lost all power to my room.

Will try to keep the temps down or try co2.

Emps

Latest posts

Latest posts