What's new

Surrounding your grow room with a smell proof tarp + venting air to sewers Help Plzz

TKB-Man

I want a smell proof grow, I'm investing in a carbon filter + 200mg/h ozone generator + ona gels.. Now I'm still afraid this wont be enough.. mainly from the looming paranoia of cops showing up 5+ times at my last grow..

soo.. i was curious if anyone could assist me in telling me how to vent the dirty air that is pulled through the carbon filter and out of the room through a duct ozone generator duct, then out of the same duct to a hole in my pipes/sewer system. Are there any do's or dont's for getting rid of dirty air that way? Also can anyone recommend tarps for creating this extra protection to surround my grow room? I would have the ona gels + aerating fan in that tarp room that surrounds the grow room. All good help deserves +rep. Thankyou in advance. THe grow rooms about 2.5x3x6

Quazi

Sounds like you don't have a carbon filter to match your fan.

A good carbon filter should be able to remove all the smell you could produce in a room that's only 2.5x3.6.

I would make sure your filter's CFM rating matches closely to the CFM rating of your fan.

Carbon filters work very, very well. If it isn't working for you, then you're not setup right -- especially if you're only dealing with 9 square feet worth of plants.

So, either your room isn't properly sealed/ventilated or your carbon filter and fan don't match. All the other smell control stuff you're considering shouldn't even be necessary considering the small size you're dealing with.

Also, the cops showed up 5+ times at your last grow? What does that even mean? They just wandered around and left 5 times? If they were visiting you before, they'll probably be visiting again.

-Q :rasta:

TKB-Man

my last grow was 4.5x4.5x7 speed queen in an apt.. the cops showed up 5x due to complaints of marijuana smoke.. my neighbors couldnt tell the diff. They sent out a letter to the entire building. When the po showed up I directed them towards an alley way where nearby smokers had left blunt guts and dub sacks. One time people were actually smoking there when the po showed so it was a good diversion.. The police said it smelled like I had 20 pounds of marijuana growing in my place when I opened the door once.

I had a hydrohut elf carbon filter and one of the ebay ones. I was using a vortex 250cfm fan on the elf carbon scrubber and i had to spray ozium every half hour.. Needless to say. This time I don't want any LEO around my grow. =/

R

Red Swan

Perhaps a fan controller might help. By slowing down the fan , it will actually help the filter absorb more smells. I finally changed out my 4 inch vortex for a 6 inch with a controller and it made a big difference.

TKB-Man

Perhaps a fan controller might help. By slowing down the fan , it will actually help the filter absorb more smells. I finally changed out my 4 inch vortex for a 6 inch with a controller and it made a big difference.
very good idea. Thankyou.

Stay Frosty

Another idea with the speed controller is that if you put it low enough so it runs 24/7, this will cause a negative pressure in the hut/room so no smells escape. Everything goes out through the carbon filter and exhaust, considering you have passive intake that is.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I always oversize my filter and fan, then reduce the speed on the fan with a Phason or a manual speed controller to run it at a quieter speed. In your case, it should go:

Filter>Fan>ozone>outside

I've never used anything smaller than a can100 and a 10" vortex, but for something your size a can33 or can50 with a 6" fan ought to be plenty.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Yeah, a good air scrubber will do the trick, and get a small one for the room you smoke weed in if you are paranoid. I can stand in my bloom and I can not smell the flowers, but my scrubber is efficient.
H

just pump some of the sewage into the house it seems to not mix quite right but then again the crazies think they are owed something

TKB-Man

Anyone have any objections or recommendations for the ebay carbon scrubbers?
I have a sunleaves wind tunnel 4" rated at 200cfm and a vortex 4" rated at 170 cfm. I'll be purchasing a 4" in-line duct fan for passive intake as recommended.. My tent however has flaps at the sides.. But still worth getting the 80cfm for passive intake right?