What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is your definition of a loser

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

movingtocally

I know a guy who is mid 30's, slings pizzas for a living. Real nice guy. I used to toke with him in high school when I worked in fast food. He seems genuinely happy, takes care of himself, doesn't rely on the govt, etc. I was talking with a friend of mine who also knows this delivery man, and he made a comment to the tune of not wanting to turn out like that loser.

Kinda pissed me of. Here's a guy who is happy as hell, had enough sense to wrap his sausage so he doesn't have a minivan full of mistakes/society burdens running around, and yet he's the loser?

What do you think of when you hear "loser?"

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
There are different kinds. To me if I stop learning and striving for more out of life then Ive lost. But thats why Im Get Mo.

If your 20 sumthin and a virgin your a loser.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
I am scared all the time of becoming a loser.

I mean shit technically, i am showing signs of a loser.

I like to stay home and do things in private, like tend to my garden, read/research, work on hobbies, and cater to clients.

I used to try and go out and party every weekend, but its getting old.

However i feel like a loser so alot of times i force myself to go out and party sometimes. This weekend was pretty nuts and in retrospect im happy i got out of the house, but im gonna be on the "nerd" tip this whole week.

Gonna work on my new cloning chamber experiment and work on my model train layout in peace and with my good companion Kushberry.

o.gkushowns

18 and Doh!
If you loose your a loser, period. If try something and fail ur a loser. If this guy chose to deliver pizzas he is not a loser, if he tried somethin else and failed he is a loser.

We are all losers once in a while, its normal and healthy to accept the label when we lose. thats my definition.

o.gkushowns

18 and Doh!
There are different kinds. To me if I stop learning and striving for more out of life then Ive lost. But thats why Im Get Mo.

If your 20 sumthin and a virgin your a loser.

This is true if ur trying to get laid, but if ur attempting to remain abstinant ur a winner. I wish i was a virgin lol, that means im a loser cuz i aint.

I

itsjustaride

A loser is someone who lives life according to what others may think.

whats a winner

my idea would be anyone who followed there own heart

gonzo`

The question should really be "what is your definition of success".... That's why your pizza delivery friend is happy because his defition of success is different to your other friends who thinks the pizza delivery guy is a looser... Its all about different perspectives, different goals, different definitions of success!

H

h^2 O

I know a guy who is mid 30's, slings pizzas for a living. Real nice guy. I used to toke with him in high school when I worked in fast food. He seems genuinely happy, takes care of himself, doesn't rely on the govt, etc. I was talking with a friend of mine who also knows this delivery man, and he made a comment to the tune of not wanting to turn out like that loser.

Kinda pissed me of. Here's a guy who is happy as hell, had enough sense to wrap his sausage so he doesn't have a minivan full of mistakes/society burdens running around, and yet he's the loser?

the term "loser" is relative man. Also, does the guy own the place or just work there? If he owns the place he's definitely not a loser. If he's 30-something and just working there..well...I don't know man. Who am I to judge. I haven't seen a vagina in like 2 months. I haven't done a sit-up in about the same. I lay around all night smoking and gorging on food and then sleep all day. I don't have a job. I don't have a girlfriend. I don't have money. No car. Hardly any friends that I keep in regular contact with. I pick my nose sometimes in the bathroom. I was with a girl for 3 years and she drove me insane to the point where I moved out in the middle of the day and turned my phone off like a coward. I lie. I chew my toenails. Am I a loser? You'd be surprised who I am. Loser, no. Bum? Most definitely.
"Loser" is someone who sucker punches, steals money from friends, has no problem fucking ugly chicks - as long as it's pussy, hurts animals - like steering towards cats and squirrels on the street, acts like they're #1, actually SAYS they're #1, screams incessantly about his local baseball team kicking ass - yet doesn't know the difference between a ground-rule double and the infield fly rule, pays for sex - and doesn't care what she looks like, does cocaine, hits women

S

sparkjumper

A loser is someone that treats his/her dear mama badly.Thats the worst kind of loser

U

ureapwhatusow

The question should really be "what is your definition of success".... That's why your pizza delivery friend is happy because his defition of success is different to your other friends who thinks the pizza delivery guy is a looser... Its all about different perspectives, different goals, different definitions of success!

:yeahthats

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran

You're still a young man in your mid 30's.....go back to school and do the pizza thing part-time?

:nanana:

"Success is the progressive realization of a worthy ideal"

~Earl Nightingale~

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you loose your a loser, period. If try something and fail ur a loser. If this guy chose to deliver pizzas he is not a loser, if he tried somethin else and failed he is a loser.

We are all losers once in a while, its normal and healthy to accept the label when we lose. thats my definition.

I think if you try and fail your at least trying and not a loser.If you never look outside the box then you limit yourself too much and thats losing alot out of life. If you just go thru life taking the easy way the whole time you have lost alot..just my :2cents:
Have to live each day like its your last!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Someone whos life choices effect everyone around them and whom they're involved with in a negative way.

Kizzattack

A person who does not have their priorities straight, does not have a job due to their own shortcomings, lives off of other peoples backs and has no motivation to become a success, whatever that may be to them.

M

movingtocally

Being in your twenties is an interesting time, particularly with the advent of internet social tools which allow you to check up on high school friends and acquaintances. Watching people grow up is one of the best learning tools I have, because it's impossible to judge yourself in a worthwhile way. It gets too emotional, and the ego gets in the way. For me, it's fascinating to see the realization of the fact that we're all semi evolved apes-the collection of random experiences=+/- the person phenomena is fun to watch from behind my monitor. It's fascinating to watch the intellectual progression of people, in their thoughts and conclusions, from afar. Twitter is great for this.

I tend to think we have much much less control over outcomes than we like to tell ourselves. While there is some truth to the concept of positive energy and attraction, I think the cliche of "making your own breaks" is mostly just bullshit we tell ourselves to stay motivated and hungry. Or to justify a political conclusion. There is a plethora of immensely hard working, talented people sitting on the sidelines, and Carlos Mencia is a self made millionaire.

I'll add that this isn't self justification-I'm a relatively happy guy with some of the standard stuff society says are key components of success.

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
Loser (n) - Any person involved in the cultivation, distribution, or use of marijuana.

...Jk.

(n)- Any person who prefers a lifetime of imprisonment to freedom, when freedom has a maximum penalty of a few years imprisonment. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts