What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

do you think i'm ready to harvest this one?

Gilmour

Sure looks like you got a way to go. The only amber was on old leaf. You have lots of new growth, I think your N is a bit high. What do the older leaves look like?

All the leaves are green; even if I started the flushing 10 days ago more or less. I have to wait the Amber or the milky color? Because for me the color is milky...why do you think the N is too high?

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All the leaves are green; even if I started the flushing 10 days ago more or less. I have to wait the Amber or the milky color? Because for me the color is milky...why do you think the N is too high?

Start flushing when you see the first bit of amber on the flowers themselves. I think you are at least three to four weeks away. You can always pick a bud early and try it....

Ask 5 growers and you will get 5 opinions.

If you want serious couch lock, go for 100% DARK amber (there are two ambers, light and dark. That would add a couple of weeks more!

A lot of folks agree on 35% amber to chop. Each variety and situation may be different.

All will agree that most folk pull too early!

Gilmour

Start flushing when you see the first bit of amber on the flowers themselves. I think you are at least three to four weeks away. You can always pick a bud early and try it....

Ask 5 growers and you will get 5 opinions.

If you want serious couch lock, go for 100% DARK amber (there are two ambers, light and dark. That would add a couple of weeks more!

A lot of folks agree on 35% amber to chop. Each variety and situation may be different.

All will agree that most folk pull too early!

So I have to start fertilizing again?

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I have to start fertilizing again?

That is why I asked what the older leaves look like. Looks pretty healthy, but you are having oxidation due to something, which is why your pistils are turning color before their time. Hard to tell without a good soil analysis. Calcium for sure...

Gilmour

That is why I asked what the older leaves look like. Looks pretty healthy, but you are having oxidation due to something, which is why your pistils are turning color before their time. Hard to tell without a good soil analysis. Calcium for sure...
Why you say before their time? This is an auto planted on 15th of october. The entire cycle should be ended after 2 month more or less....

Don’t start fertilizing again. Maybe add a tiny percentage of CalMag if you do. That’s it.

Judge by trichome appearance. They should all be milky looking with some amber. The more amber you have the more stoney or couch lock the weed will be.

Gilmour

is possible that the thricomes didnt't turn amber because i'm giving like 18/24 hour of light to my babies?

maimunji

I will say harvest nothing worth to wait 12 weeks exept sativas. I harvest at around 10 week few days more or less. What do you expect to happen when amber start to popping? Knockout? Really? If knockout isn't in genetic or you grow them poor? I smoke a lot of cloudy weed that put me in my ass and a lot amber that does nothing. Harvest then dry and start to open nugs there is plenty of amber truchomes inside buds.

G

ganjygav

I will say harvest nothing worth to wait 12 weeks exept sativas. I harvest at around 10 week few days more or less. What do you expect to happen when amber start to popping? Knockout? Really? If knockout isn't in genetic or you grow them poor? I smoke a lot of cloudy weed that put me in my ass and a lot amber that does nothing. Harvest then dry and start to open nugs there is plenty of amber truchomes inside buds.

Its an automatic and he's talking 12 weeks the whole growth not 12 weeks of flower lol. You should read more before offering advice.

That last picture of the tip of the bud, you see how the hairs have shrank back into buds? That's what you're looking for fella. There's no rule about waiting for Amber's, some prefer the milky look. Which you have.
If the buds look like that tip you have in the photo harvest.

In my experience any plant I let the trichs get Amber sometimes nearly black the more knockout the high.
This type of high is not for everyone its personal preference, I need it for sleep which is why I wait.
Once the plant is ready for harvest with milky glands it only takes a week or 10 days more for the Amber to appear.

Remember an auto at 12 weeks has been flowering for about 9 weeks.