What's new

Doing as little as possible this time around

With my very first "cabinet" grow earlier this year and not knowing anything I was adding things and removing things with no real concept other than to get something to grow. That worked and I had a small harvest for all my efforts.

This time around I decided to try doing as little as possible to see how that might work out. I used another of the same AK-47 auto seeds (one plant) as the first time. Three gallon pot, FFOH soil with 1 liter of worm castings and .5 liters of crab shells mixed in. I added some bone meal to the top surface on planting, only that one time.

From then on all I did was water every three days or so. When I felt it needed it. Temp was moderate at about 70 degrees and humidity stayed around 33% now with the colder weather. The temperature in my utility room where the cabinet is sitting averaged 66 degrees so any additional heat came from the three CFL's I use for lighting.

Heading in to week 12 and things look very good. I have bigger, fatter buds than the first grow and more of them. I did trim off all the large fan leaves around week 7. That opened up the rest of the plant to more light but seemed to stunt the growth of the plant itself and force all the growing to go to the buds. Just a guess, here.

image.jpg

image.jpg

So perhaps less can be more. I'm pleased.

Nice. What light do u use? :)

Thanks.

I have three 6500k, 4000 lumen, 65 watt spiral CFL's mounted flush to the top of the cabinet in a circle pattern. Costs me about $20/ month to power the lamps (20 on / 4 off) plus a small muffin to draw air in from the bottom and out the top and a small "desk" fan to circulate air around the plant.

twwppkuyj

starke

Nice looking plant - great looking buds. Looks like you've got your space and your medium about dialed in. Congrats.