What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Idiot Terrorist Strike in NY

CaptainDankness

another idiot terrorist weird not much coverage in the main stream media, anyone's guess as to why.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-m...ecret-life-on-pro-trump-white-supremacy-sites

The real face of Terror in the U.S. sooner we admit it sooner we can fix it.

He only shot two kids then himself. That's like reporting on murders in Chicago every single day. Lol

Of course the mainstream media always seems to have an agenda, for the most part they don't tell us shit. I'm sure drone strikes are going on as usual in the Middle East and Africa, you just don't hear anything about it. But we constantly hear Trump was elected thanks to the Russians, yet still no facts have been presented.

Then of course North Korea gets some coverage but I really think the elites want him to use nukes Obama could have prevented a nuclear North Korea. But if we push them enough they actually attack us and our allies sure millions will probably die, but then people all over the world will want all nuclear weapons destroyed. Of course like if they were to ban guns in America, they would need armed police to disarm the people. Same would happen with nukes I'm sure, we'd certainly be able to stop Iran from making nuclear weapons if North Korea attacks.

Mainstream media is actually controlled by the CIA, FBI, etc. to an extent and only 6 corporations control 90% of the media...

http://www.businessinsider.com/these-6-corporations-control-90-of-the-media-in-america-2012-6

CaptainDankness

If you think Scotch < Bourbon, you were lost before you saw me.

I'm sure it's closer to Scotch = Bourbon once you have fine Bourbon the best Scotch is probably just a matter of opinion.

Some people love Congac and it's good, but I still don't think it's better than Bourbon. Different yes, better not IMO.

But opinions are like assholes everyone has one. Almost as bad as Californians saying they have the best outdoor. Lol, Canadian and New England outdoor is pretty good just can't grow the same genetics, but I highly doubt the same cutting is going to do any better in California. Really, high heat does stress plants so we might just be better off in the north as long as she finishes before the frost.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I'm sure it's closer to Scotch = Bourbon once you have fine Bourbon the best Scotch is probably just a matter of opinion.

Some people love Congac and it's good, but I still don't think it's better than Bourbon. Different yes, better not IMO.

But opinions are like assholes everyone has one. Almost as bad as Californians saying they have the best outdoor. Lol, Canadian and New England outdoor is pretty good just can't grow the same genetics, but I highly doubt the same cutting is going to do any better in California. Really, high heat does stress plants so we might just be better off in the north as long as she finishes before the frost.

choosing strains in the local environment is key which is to say relativity is key, simply because it is

nothing like mixing weed growers on the internet and getting them to argue outside that context

project mayhem'd

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
but but america

but but canada

but but black

but but white

but but christian

but but muslim

how about BUT BUT your all fucking human now smoke some weed party and fuck and get the tension over with*

:: lights a joint for 8+ billion people, puts on 73' dead and hands out some kool aid

* the last part is a bit grandiose simply because it keeps me entertained I think it is safe to assume you get what I mean

C

cooterbrown420

He only shot two kids then himself. That's like reporting on murders in Chicago every single day. Lol

Of course the mainstream media always seems to have an agenda, for the most part they don't tell us shit. I'm sure drone strikes are going on as usual in the Middle East and Africa, you just don't hear anything about it. But we constantly hear Trump was elected thanks to the Russians, yet still no facts have been presented.

Then of course North Korea gets some coverage but I really think the elites want him to use nukes Obama could have prevented a nuclear North Korea. But if we push them enough they actually attack us and our allies sure millions will probably die, but then people all over the world will want all nuclear weapons destroyed. Of course like if they were to ban guns in America, they would need armed police to disarm the people. Same would happen with nukes I'm sure, we'd certainly be able to stop Iran from making nuclear weapons if North Korea attacks.

Mainstream media is actually controlled by the CIA, FBI, etc. to an extent and only 6 corporations control 90% of the media...

https://www.businessinsider.com/these-6-corporations-control-90-of-the-media-in-america-2012-6

Hypocrisy is my point, muslim dude killed how many?

CaptainDankness

Hypocrisy is my point, muslim dude killed how many?

Tried to blow himself up in a NYC subway station should have been worse.

But yeah, the media is probably being hypocritical of Muslims. I mean how many have we killed by drone strikes this week? It never makes the news but I'm sure it's still going on.

We even armed, trained and funded ISIS so apparently they needed some help to become a big deal. The media could very well be making us all look like fools. Divide and conquer, but terrorist attacks are pretty fucked up and happen on a regular basis in the Middle East but could really be nothing more than the CIA's MK Ultra program working successfully.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I have no doubt that within this monarchistic autocracy masquerading as the oldest democracy on earth there are imperialistic forces who don't give two hoots whether you or I die,
and that they are in union with and support dictatorial despots who have a similar disregard for their own people...

When personal greed and gaining power are the primary motives for success, humanity is often given the shaft.

G `day Gypsy

So ... what to do ?
Sit back and say its out of my hands , I`m busy getting ahead in the world .
Or change our minds about what is of value .

The United States, with less than 5 % of the global population, uses about a quarter of the world's fossil fuel resources—burning up nearly 25 % of the coal, 26 % of the oil, and 27 % of the world's natural gas.

Thanks for sharin

EB .

M

moose eater

G `day Gypsy

So ... what to do ?

The United States, with less than 5 % of the global population, uses about a quarter of the world's fossil fuel resources—burning up nearly 25 % of the coal, 26 % of the oil, and 27 % of the world's natural gas.

Thanks for sharin

EB .

A feminist professor I had in grad school, in a feminist social work class, used to repeat the phrase, "The personal is the political, and the political is the personal."

Due to non-embedded free-lancers, who've risked much to bring better information, we've had many a photo that required no words. The decapitated body of the grand-baby during shock and awe, being carried by his grandfather in Iraq, tears streaming.

More available on-line for a lot of reasons, the memorial of boots and helmets of the firefighters who were in the buildings when they collapsed.

Better information SOMETIMES leads to better understanding or decisions, IF people allow it to.

There's no membership to teams or nationalism needed to evoke a sense of nearly terminal sadness from any of this. Understanding the background, history, players, poorly chosen moves, leaves a lot of room for anger, depression, and a whole gamut of cause for twice-removed trauma..

We throw around labels to emphasize indignation at loss of life. Words like "X number of -innocent- victims." it's harsh, but I contend that if we have had the opportunity to KNOW the issues better, without our team jerseys on, without propaganda, and to address the things that need addressing, and we've passed that up, then we are not innocent. We cannot be.

The previously mentioned child in his Grampa's arms? He and those like him, too young for indoctrination or to be active in making a better world? -THEY- are innocent.

I'm not buying Weird's insistence on logic as the only key. His heart shows. And without our heart and mind working TOGETHER, there's little hope. Knowledge without love leads to some sad outcomes a lot of the time..

I apologize to all here for any frequent domination of this thread, for sharing too much, etc.

We can make it better, or we can be at least partially culpable for letting others claim to represent us, but not MAKING them represent us.

No quick fixes. Those who carry resentment, anger or rage long-term know there's no switch to flip, and few drugs to do that make things improve.

Cooter, I apologize for the narrow vision some hold, failing to see what is sometimes clear. Klan-ism never truly went away.

My Hoosier relatives used to quote a lot of old adages. Sometimes hard to remember as I get older. Much of them based in taking care of one's own life first. Voltaire spoke of "Tending one's own garden." Excellent advice. Not in the selfish way it can be taken, but in terms of cleaning our own blemishes.

I'd argue that rarely can we view the world through nationalist lenses, or ideological lenses, without forfeiting truth and compassion.

I wrote in the 'What are you eating right now' thread the other night, that I suspect world peace will occur in a diner or kitchen. When we share good things, we're better..

And to one degree or another, in one way or another, we're not perfect, and hypocrisy is a human condition. Not that we need to cultivate it.

Again, my apologies for the lengthy posts.

CaptainDankness

G `day Gypsy

So ... what to do ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

About time for the people to rise up against their governments. Revolution is the only solution but everyone is too worried about themselves we got guns y'all got bombs we can at least stir the pot. Just nobody wants to be the lone revolutionary like Timothy McVeigh. The people need to rise fuck the divide and conquer propaganda.

Muslims can be a gift if used properly, the Sicilian mafia seems to be doing just fine with them. Maybe the militias can do the same, all most people want to do is be free. 3% took the USA 3% can take the world of course that's a lot of people fighting for freedom nothing more nothing less.

Can be done, I know a lot of Chinese are with us they just can't say because they lack freedom of speech.

M

moose eater

No bombs or guns necessary at this time, Dankness.

What got their attention big time during Occupy was when the longshoremen signed on, and closed down the ports.

The checkers players in charge feel two things; their own wallets and their own blood. Start with their wallets.

If and when the time comes, shutting down their commerce gets their attention, and WILL provoke their violence. At that time, a non-violent response to their heavy-handedness makes them look like who and what they are.

Let-them- blacken their own eyes. All it takes is the endurance and willingness to absorb a club or two. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Smartphones raised, video running, streaming on-line, the chant was, "The whole world is watching," and other than for being blacked out by much of MSM, they were... if they wanted to.

CaptainDankness

No bombs or guns necessary at this time, Dankness.

What got their attention big time during Occupy was when the longshoremen signed on, and closed down the ports.

The checkers players in charge feel two things; their own wallets and their own blood. Start with their wallets.

If and when the time comes, shutting down their commerce gets their attention, and WILL provoke their violence. At that time, a non-violent response to their heavy-handedness makes them look like who and what they are.

Let-them- blacken their own eyes. All it takes is the endurance and willingness to absorb a club or two. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Smartphones raised, video running, streaming on-line, the chant was, "The whole world is watching," and other than for being blacked out by much of MSM, they were... if they wanted to.

Sounds good and all but Ghandi saved his people for what? A decade or two.

Non violence only lasts for so long. We got ruthless Christian, Jew and Muslims out here trying to take it all with or without an iron fist. I think it's about high time to push back sure the money is the best place to hit them. But who controls the Federal Reserve of the USA?? It ain't in house I've checked as well as others. Russia keeps playing with the Brics well that's going to cause an all out WW3 cause blood money is all my country knows. We invade nation after nation for what? Black gold and power? All we know is war and it ain't checkers it's chess. All we need to do is stand up and the game is over.

Nobody left to try and imprison non violent people don't pay taxes prison, break a bullshit law prison. Meanwhile our governments commit war crimes every single day without consequence.

It's not just a few farmers, it's everyone getting fucked over. You want to play the safe hand that's fine but people are dieing around the world for our so called democracy.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I'm sure that if I had the solution, then I would be doing it...

What do you do?....Maybe occupy Wall Street, or the City of London,
run around like a ninja in black smashing in the windows of any Starbucks, McDonald's or Barclays bank with a Guido Fawkes mask on?....

Maybe organize demonstrations where other people run around like ninjas in black smashing the windows of corporate outlets?

Create armed insurrection, and essentially become a terrorist/freedom fighter myself?.... I don't think so.

Merely identifying a problem does not automatically mean that you have a solution to it.......but at least you are thinking about it.

...Yeah, and most people are too busy just trying to survive in today's world, rather than having the luxury of the time and resources it takes to change the world for what they think is better.......against all odds, and even then it can seem like banging your head against a brick wall.
G `day Gypsy

So ... what to do ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

M

moose eater

You'll get more followers playing peaceful, Dank. Eventually no one likes a bully. When both sides are firing bullets they both look like killers.

They're checkers players insofar as they don't calculate the ripples they cause, or care. If the effort of change points an accurate finger at their carnage and amplifies it, they suffer the karma they should, and lose support..

When the cop grabbed the protestor by her breast from behind in Manhattan, bruising her badly, then charging HER with assault on a cop, and the other put his knee on the chest of the elderly woman, beating her with his baton as she lay prone, I wanted vengeance. But I'd have betrayed the amazingly brave folks who took those beatings without striking back, and anyone reacting thus would've started an end bloodier than what already was..

MLK stayed peaceful, even took a bullet, and the numbers in the streets rose, legislation passed, when he went down in peace.

I had photos during Occupy of sister groups on the beach in Israel, others in Holland, even Chinese folks sitting quietly in their commons, in circles. IT WENT WORLD WIDE!! The amount of energy that came together was the first real hope I'd felt in 35 years.

Give them a peaceful star to follow that can bring them together. Explosions won't do that.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
You'll get more followers playing peaceful, Dank. Eventually no one likes a bully. When both sides are firing bullets they both look like killers.

They're checkers players insofar as they don't calculate the ripples they cause, or care. If the effort of change points an accurate finger at their carnage and amplifies it, they suffer the karma they should, and lose support..

When the cop grabbed the protestor by her breast from behind in Manhattan, bruising her badly, then charging HER with assault on a cop, and the other put his knee on the chest of the elderly woman, beating her with his baton as she lay prone, I wanted vengeance. But I'd have betrayed the amazingly brave folks who took those beatings without striking back, and anyone reacting thus would've started an end bloodier than what already was..

MLK stayed peaceful, even took a bullet, and the numbers in the streets rose, legislation passed, when he went down in peace.

I had photos during Occupy of sister groups on the beach in Israel, others in Holland, even Chinese folks sitting quietly in their commons, in circles. IT WENT WORLD WIDE!! The amount of energy that came together was the first real hope I'd felt in 35 years.

Give them a peaceful star to follow that can bring them together. Explosions won't do that.

Yes but what did your demonstration actually change? Did it change anything that you were actually demonstrating about?

What were you actually demonstrating about?

*maybe we have the right to peaceably demonstrate because it makes no difference anyway, and if/when it all gets a tad violent then the establishment have a big green light to show-off their weapons, which are considerable.

M

moose eater

The demonstrations covered many issues; most of them related to the corruption of banks, but that touches on so many things, see the partial list I posted earlier. Some related to urban housing, foreclosures, robosigning, illegal banking activities of several sorts (unlawful repos, Wells Fargo's massaging of books to appear as though their bottom line was healthier than it was, Citi Bank and Bank of America, among others, repeatedly selling fraudulent shorts, resulting in looting of 401ks).

The fraud that was rampant on Wall St, that many said was the product of creative minds & didn't exist, a month or two later was headline news. It was real. We knew it, and those affected were more informed for it.

And though the revolving-door SEC hacks, who often favor their martini buddies and former colleagues at the banks, allowed the criminal statute of limitations to once again expire on what should have been serious felony charges, there ended up being tens of billions in civil fines paid by those same serial fraudsters "who hadn't committed any crimes." Including President Obama's good friend, Jamie Dimond.

During that same stint, when one of the serial fraudster banks, Bank of America, was in line to receive a sweet-heart civil settlement in federal court, for the crime of selling fraudulent shorts (something they'd been busted doing numerous times over) with that sweetheart deal approved by their good luncheon friends at the SEC, a federal judge in NYC said the deal wasn't harsh enough due to their repeatedly violating the same laws, and refused to allow it. (*Ironically, the SEC, not the bank, appealed the decision.. Which should shed some light on the nature of the enforcement division at the SEC under both R & D administrations).

Daily there were (unbeknownst to many) meetings for working groups at the atrium where, in the case of one working group, former stock traders/brokers corresponded with allied members in Congress, with the former traders identifying loopholes in what was then current bank related legislation.

Solidarity was formed world wide. Victims of banks' gutting of 401ks were educated as to how that happened. The topic of accountability was brought to bear in Congress, though not enough moved forward. It at least got illuminated.

Iceland sent criminal bankers to prison; the only country I'm aware of that did so. That should also shed light on the issue, re. who controls what.

And for those who were willing to pay attention, beyond the smear campaigns of the MSM, left, right, and center, some were educated to the issues who had not been informed about these issues previously.

NYPD Detective Anthony Balonga, a sociopath with a badge, still under investigation from previous complaints for excessive use of force, was put into the lime light once again for his unwarranted pepper spraying of the 3 female European tourists. who stood on the sidewalks, and taken to task for that act..

I'm sure there were other successes, but those are the ones that come to mind right now.

Additional edit: Few wars are won in the first battle. There have been two more actions since Occupy Wall St that were distantly related, and I'd wager heavily there will be more.

But we got their attention when we got the longshoremen on board, and showed them that for the right reasons, we can shut their movement down. And they felt that. When cops jack off-duty judges up against the wall and threaten them when they're acting as marked legal observers, the system has not heard the last of the issue from their excesses.

Judo; the art of taking an opponent's momentum and using it against them. That, and horizontal organizational structuring, which drove the feds and others nuts. How to chop off the head of a snake that has an endless number of heads?

There are great lessons to be studied therein, once folks get past their unnecessary guffawing and mockery that was, in great part, fueled by corporate mainstream media pretending to not have a clue what was going on or why. That is, when they weren't actively blacking it out.

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I guess that it comes down to if you felt like you made a difference or not thru demonstrating at that time, and seems like you think that it did some good, there is a sense of victory in what you report here as if perhaps you had managed to stop this type of scurrilous financial market behavior from ever occurring again. I am pretty sure that more of the same is going on since.....because history is prone to repeat itself over and over again.....Boom - Bust - Boom - Bust. Does it make demonstrating less worthy to know that?...well no, I don't think so, but once realizing the futility of it all, it does seem rather futile.

Give me some of that Kool-aid...

I'm putting some Bourbon in it

I’m pretty sure the Kool-Aid Weird was talking about has LSD in it lol.

The Grateful Dead pretty much started out doing Acid Tests with garbage barrels full of Kool-Aid spiked with a lot of LSD.

The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test is a good book if you’re interested in that type of stuff.