What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

600W Strawberry Kush and Purple Haze

WYD5 BT7

Hey guys. I use to rock on this site and then went dark. I am back now and hope to keep using this forum as a tool like before. I really loved the community 12 years ago and browsing showed me some of my old friends are still here. That is great and I hope to reconnect.

Anyways, I started from seed (no pics) and now am at 1 week after transplant (once they had first 5 leaf). I am using Blazeoneup's soil mix. This is the one I used to use 12 years ago on this site with great results.

My old tag was Bigtimer7 if any of you guys remember me. Hope all is well! Here are 3 pics from the Mother Chamber and the Flower Chamber (Currently on 18/6 because I want to thickin them up a little).

Anyways hope you guys like and can comment on anything you think I can improve or questions. PEACE :dance013::woohoo:

Attachments

• DSCF0124.jpg
    DSCF0124.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF0125.jpg
    DSCF0125.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF0126.jpg
    DSCF0126.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 12

WYD5 BT7

Full Cabinet Shots

Full Cabinet Shots

Here are a couple pictures of each cabinet I am running.

So far so good.

Temps at 74.5 on Average. Humidity 43%

Attachments

• DSCF0129.jpg
    DSCF0129.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF0130.jpg
    DSCF0130.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 12

WYD5 BT7

Rough Morning

Rough Morning

This morning I saw that my light had burned out. It was just purchased 7 days ago! I am not sure how it happened but I guess it was a bad bulb? Any thoughts?

I also did some topping and cloning.

My closet should be okay because of my supplemental lighting but I am heading to get another bulb now.

:comfort:

Attachments

• DSCF6001.jpg
    DSCF6001.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF6002.jpg
    DSCF6002.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF6003.jpg
    DSCF6003.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 19

Skip

Veteran
You're expecting someone to tell you their thoughts on your burnt out light bulb?

You haven't posted anything to reply to yet.

WYD5 BT7

Skip- just trying to get people involved in the thread. Didn't mean to offend you on a burnt out bulb.

Some examples of thoughts would be things like: "yes, my bulb burnt out and made those unusual black spots just like yours." "Yes, that looks like someone sold you a used bulb, that is what my bulb looks like after a cycle or two." "Sometimes, ballasts can cause problems what kinds of ballast are you using?" Anything like that that could help confirm my suspicion that I was sold a used bulb rather than a new bulb.

Mayoh- thanks for the thoughts. I assume I was sold a bad bulb. Thanks for the props.

Skip

Veteran
You asked to delete your account because nobody replied to your burnt light bulb.

That's the only reason I replied to this thread. Hardly seems like a good reason.

Perhaps if you asked your bulb question in the lighting forum, you might get more replies.

As you can see ppl are looking at your thread (349 views so far), you just need to keep it updated.

Good luck with your grow.

Last edited:

WYD5 BT7

Skip- Good points, thank you.

Here are some updates:

I did some trimming on all the plants and transplanted to fit 8 instead of 6. I threw the screen up as an option but I am not sure if they will fill out enough (70% of the screen is the magic number before flowering is what I hear?). I am planning on flipping to 12/12 in a week or so.

I got 9 clones going from the trimming I did in the Ez-Cloner. I have always liked the ease of the misting system so I switched to that again.

Should be exciting to see how they produce once I flip.

Attachments

• DSCF6009.jpg
    DSCF6009.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF6010.jpg
    DSCF6010.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCF6011.jpg
    DSCF6011.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 17

WYD5 BT7

Things are looking good. The screen is really starting to fill out just from a couple days. I am going to flip to 12/12 either Sat or Sun. Hopefully, the SCROG will work. This is my first attempt.

Here are some pictures. Clones are just now getting roots at 8 days since they have been placed in the machine! That seems like more than I remember it taking but I guess roots are good no matter how long they take.

Anyways, should get a little more enjoyable once I flip!

:laughing:

Attachments

• DSCF6012.jpg
    DSCF6012.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF6013.jpg
    DSCF6013.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF6015.jpg
    DSCF6015.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 13

ChainMail

nice grow man. how do u intend on handling the runoff water when ur plants get "stuck" to the screen? especially during flushing

WYD5 BT7

ChainMail, I am not sure I understand your question and the meaning of "Stuck" on the screen and how that correlates to watering? I run 3 gal pots so there is actually not a whole lot of run off. What does and will is quickly evaporated increasing the humidity to 50% for only about 12 hours. As far as flushing, I use Blazeoneup's soil mix which flushes naturally at about 60-65 days with 1 month (29 days in my experience) of veg (per 3 gal pot).

I hope this clears up your question?

Jonnyfli, thanks for tuning in my man. I hope to showcase some nice nuggets :woohoo:

WYD5 BT7

Also, it is important to mention that I water every other day, 0 ppm , 6.7 ph. 8 plants drink only 1 gallon (all together) at this stage. I do 1/2 gal for the front 4 and 1/2 gal for the back 4. This will increase but as of lately, my moisture meter has read this way. Keep in mind this is the first time I have run either of these strains.

WYD5 BT7

12/12

12/12

Flipped Last Night. I will enjoy the stretch for the next 20 days, while tieing down relentlessly. After that, I plan on trimming all the branches that have not made it to the top.

Hopefully, it turns out okay.

:dance013:

Attachments

• DSCF6018.jpg
    DSCF6018.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF6019.jpg
    DSCF6019.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 13

WYD5 BT7

Things are growing right along. I cant tie down anymore. There is no more room on my squares. I wish they were smaller but I will address that next go. I will be trimming the under-brush in the next couple days.

The EZ cloner is giving me a lot of trouble. I think the colder weather and ambient temps (68.5f rh: 25%) might be slowing things down. There are only very tiny roots. I will happily post if anyone has insight or different thoughts.

Attachments

• DSCF6024.jpg
    DSCF6024.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF6025.jpg
    DSCF6025.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 8

WYD5 BT7

Update: 30 Days of Flower Left for Kush

Update: 30 Days of Flower Left for Kush

If anyone is still enjoying the show... :moon:

Attachments

• DSCF8060.jpg
    DSCF8060.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF8061.jpg
    DSCF8061.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF8062.jpg
    DSCF8062.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 10
T

Tarus Bulbar

Hey there WYD5 BT7 Any info on the finished grow? How bout a few nug shots at least!