What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northern Lights, Ripper Haze, Black Valley, G13 Soil Balcony

West Sun

Hi icmagers,

I’ll making some reports about this year's growing season while practice some English writing, I don't promise to be a regular poster, I'll just try to post pics every week.

My spot is a balcony (1m x 4m) I'm located at 43º North, in the Spanish coast, about 60 Km South away from Barcelona. Nice weather and a good amount of sun light hours, 15h max. at 21th June, so outdoor its fine unless you like very very long flowering strains, because October and November are very cloudy and December its dark, wet and cold. You only have to be careful in August because of the heat.

In this country, basically, the central government says that if the plantation is visible you can be fucked, so we have to keep a low profile. My set up blessed with about 60% of direct light, starting at midday until sunset, no tall lampposts, neighbors are ok (some are "fumetas" and growers too) so, it’s a cool spot.
I'll put my ladies in a mix of soil, coco and perlite, nothing fancy. Tap water here is shit as fuck, so I installed a little R/O water station, and mix the R/O tap water with Brita filtered tap water fifty-fifty as a result I have some good 7.5PH .5EC H2O. I’ve been using the K.I.S.S. method for two seasons (thanks to Ioni Botani) and worked fine for me.

About the strains and genetics, this season I'm going for a NL (RQS), two Black Valley (indica), two Ripper Haze (amnesia) and a G13, all from feminized seeds. About Royal Queen Seeds, last season I tried a Lemon Haze bean that they give in Spannabis, she gave me a crop of 75gr and I liked so much the plant that this year wanted to run RQS genetics again, unfortunately this time their WW and Amnesia Haze died right after germination (my fault), nut the Northern Lights seems to be fine. In the other hand, I watched some Ripper seeds reports, one of them saying that they work with four male plants to do their crosses, so I give them a chance, because seems to me good genetics, not all reversed females and shit, btw they don’t sell regular seeds so who knows. The last one it’s an unknown G13.

West Sun

Hi,

I'm coming with these pix from the season.

First one, it's the final crop from a Barnney’s Farm’s Vanila Kush. It's a smoke that I like a lot, very smooth and relaxing, quite fast and easy to grow indica, weak beans btw. These two cans are filled with 67gr.

Next is pic from my Lemon Haze from RQS, she gave me 75 gr, she went nuts first weeks of flowering, almost doubled her size. Sweet smoke, like lemon candy, very enjoyable and good for depression and procrastination imo.

West Sun

Hi icmag,

babes on week 2 are doing it very well, nothing to mention by the moment.

My NL she is in W3 it's not the vigorous plant. I think she had too much food into the soil, the percolation water ran out at 2.5EC, now it's on 1.5EC.

I'm watering at 0.5EC, I’ll continue this way while run out water still on >1EC, after that I'll give them some goodies.

Bye,

West Sun

What’s up 300 readers,

W4 for my NL, definitely she have some issues, her sisters are almost as tall as she with a week less, so she probably will go to Frankestein’s lab, I’m thinking in try some things, but first I’ll try to fix a red color in her stems.

In the other side, I have the Ripper Seed and the unknown G13 in their week 3, quite happy BV and G13, not as much whith RH. I love Sativas and this seasons I’m not having luck with them, will see. Anyway, this group are very healthy so, nice.
Today I putted into water a Stress Killer Automatic seed from RQS, I’m not a autoflower super lover, but you know…

This are some auto NL from Sweet Seed o OO Seeds buds can’t remember. She is from last year, her sister gave a high that I not enjoyed at all, but this is good to go in bicycle and I love it.

Peace,

West Sun

hi from Catalunya,

May was slightly warmer and sunnier than it should be here. This is nice for people growing outdoors.

This is week #5 for my NL, I have transplanted her into a bigger pot but I think that this plant is going to be a rat lab, I don’t like how I’m growing it, so will see.

Week #4 for the rest of feminized plants, RH are developing nodes slowly than BV and G13. Also, the space between nodes is much wider than their indica homies. G13 is doing it much better that I expected because the cheap price. In the other hand, and good to know, is the fact that plants growing into the rock wool cube with the original plastic wrapping are doing it better.
Next week I’ll be topping and cloning NL and VB.

Here you can see the baby Auto Stress Relieve from RQS, I mess up her because the ventilation, I hope she doesn’t die.

Buen fin de semana!

West Sun

Half year later…
So, I saw that the threat has like a thousand views, so I just thought to make some smoke reports about the 2017 crop. But let me talk a little about how the season went.
Summer of 2017 was a little too hot and the plants suffered a bit too much, especially in august, I handled it by raising the pots so the aire could pass between the floor and the bottom of the pot. A good thing (for the grow) was that there were no rain and no extra humidity. I live near the shore, so the humidity is by default high, this means that if by the end of September the temperatures goes down it can be a problem with rotting and fungus.
In regard to this year the genetics, I have to say that I was very disappointed. This especially true with RQS’s seeds, any of those survived the veg stage, only my Northern Lights arrived to flower time, but she never started to produce flowers. If I’m not wrong I waited for three weeks and then I cut she off, by the way she had a very nice and clean structure.
In the other side, unlabeled G13 and all Black Valley and Ripper Haze beans from Ripper Seeds not only were cropped, dried and cured, I cloned successfully one of the RH using the tip that I got from the topping process. Let me show you my results.