What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Where my Canadian homies at?

W

wegobigupnorth

Whats up everyone? I am a Canadian outdoor grower in the province of Ontario and proud of it!

Here in Ontario I hear lots of people complain about how are climate is no good for outdoor growing but I disagree! I have been harvesting a minimum of a half pound of great weed per plant and I visit my plots 4 times total. One of them being to put the plants in the holes and one of them to harvest. The only two others time I visit is to put time release ferts on them. I NEVER haul water in as we are lucky to have it rain fairly often here. I use water crystals which I love though.

Anyone else LOVE growing in Canada under the great HPS in the sky? We have so much great land. If you get creative there are soo many great outdoor spots not far from any major city, even inside major cities.

WHERE MY CANADIAN CATS AT?

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Canada would be dope. Like you said PLENTY of great spots to be had up there. I don't think that the climate or growing conditions are bad up there, strain selection is just that much more crucial.

Canadian girls are the shit btw.

bd0t

Im in Ontario too.
Our season is easily two months shorter than these cali boys. I'm seeing these guys on here prepping their holes and whatnot already, shit my spots are still under 2 ft of snow.

Plus we're pretty limited to guerilla growing, and unless you have a pretty impressive amount of plants its not really too exciting to watch compared to the cali boys absolutly crushing it and maxing out the potential of their grows.

I'm with you on never hauling water though, I plant near swamps. Similar yeilds to you as well, still curious to find out what we can max out at which is what keeps me coming back.

W

wegobigupnorth

Haha I hear you brother. Was lurking the outdoor section and see all these cats talking about germing seeds to get them ready for outside and prepping their holes and smart pots while I am still waiting for the ground to not be frozen.

BUT, there are advantages and disadvantages to everything. I still get over 2K a pound for my outdoor all day and it goes quick. Mind you those cali guys yield more of two plants then I do in a fucking season lmao I still LOVE growing here :)

I have yielded well over a pound per plant before and have seen cats here hit 2 pounds with plants like freezeland with crazy mould resistance and they vegged inside a long ass time. I have not seen anything significant over 2 pounds anywhere in Canada.

There is

Xorc420

Good evening guys! I'm not here to disturb you, but I love the nature of Canada and love you guys growing there in guerrilla!

You haven't got excellent conditions and so it's difficult for you up there... Remember to select mold resistant strains for your grow!

I think it's a lot more interesting watching you guys growing in bad conditions than watching the guys down in Cali who are growing in their land with optimal conditions, it's a lot more fun!

After telling you this guys, I hope you are going to have a good season! Big up to all the guerrilla growers worldwide! :smoker:

W

wegobigupnorth

ohh man lovely picture of freezeland! I want her in my stable soo bad...i wish someone round her still had a mother of her :(

bd0t

what strains are you guys going with this season?

Lots of stuff from rcmc for me! Shout out to krk and breeder brad.

hoss1111

Ontario grower here too

Rocking auto fire 99,
Erdpurt ,purpurea ,c99 x fast Freezeland,fast Freezeland x swt4,cannatonic x gg3,mighty Durban and this is not set in stone.

Always coming up with a new plan :)

Hey Ontario grower, how many plants do you normally run in a patch?

Does the mandatory minimum 6 plants 6 months force you to keep your numbers down?

I was going to do 10 in a patch and pull males and try and stay 5 per spot. Have friend that do 40 plants per spot, that makes me nervous

Last edited:

Highcountry

Out west I'm mainly growing auto fire99, fire99a x auto fire99, mob99, iranian autoflower, IAF x master kush, and a few other auto fire99 crosses. Should be a good season! Good luck all!!

1madtrapper

Highcountry how do you like the IAF cross for growing out there does it finish as early as the straight iranian auto? Do you keep a mother all year ? I was able to keep a Iranian auto all year and then in the fall/winter i run a 17 hr veg rom and she budded hard i harvested buds then got it back hit it with high N and a bigger pot/23 hrs light and she is veging once again pretty good.Cheers

W

wegobigupnorth

How much do you yeild with the IAF usually? And is it a potent smoke? That is the only strain with the word "auto"" in it that I have a serious interest in running and thats because it is not a real auto of course. When does yours finish by madtrapper? Love that you have a mother of her...I would love to throw out a ton of clones of it as early as possible to have a nice fast outdoor harvest but I only want to grow it if it has nice bag appeal and potency and I don't know anyone personally that has grown her.

1madtrapper

wegobig- Actually i am a bit of a picky bugger myself and thought the same on the auto scene.Last season I tried three diff kinds of auto..mig 29, transiberian,And iranian auto's.
I only liked one plant of the transiberian out of 20.I really like the iranians the smell is awesome the buds look great and i find myself digging to find them in a mixed bag..the thing i thought could be better was the tightness of the buds they weren't like bullets but not air bud by no means.I found the iranian haze slightly nicer smoke then the iranian auto but the auto for sure has smell and bag appeal.I have crossed it with erdpurt interested to see if it made the buds like a rock.On the early side its awesome I put some out on May 24 that were outside hardening off for about two weeks prior to the 24 and they were looking nice when i did cornfield planting 1st july if i remeber right had my dad cut em for me mid july (in southwestern ont) up here in the north I put em out 1st of june and they were done the end of july.I also put some in 1st july and they were done end of august ,on the clone side if you want them any size they need some veg time.I would say an avg plant would yeaild 2-3 z's of dried herb.This stuff stinks to hi heaven..I got 7 seedlings goin for mothers( started early feb) plus my last years momma.When I am done with one of the momma's it will be introduced to CS for a new seed batch.Cheers

1madtrapper

I also forgot to mention that I have an iranian auto S1 and the erdpurt x iranian auto I will be growing and back crossing it a few times to regain stability.Cheers!

Savage Seeds

Up here in Ontario and Canada in general we actually have too WORK HARD for our dope. We can't just throw it out in our back yards with tested, treated, dirt and water and everything perfectly dialed in.

But I love growin up here just gotta double or triple your plant numbers, risk it and pour some blood, sweat and fuckin tears son!

B

Brad

Haha I hear you brother. Was lurking the outdoor section and see all these cats talking about germing seeds to get them ready for outside and prepping their holes and smart pots while I am still waiting for the ground to not be frozen.

BUT, there are advantages and disadvantages to everything. I still get over 2K a pound for my outdoor all day and it goes quick. Mind you those cali guys yield more of two plants then I do in a fucking season lmao I still LOVE growing here :)

I have yielded well over a pound per plant before and have seen cats here hit 2 pounds with plants like freezeland with crazy mould resistance and they vegged inside a long ass time. I have not seen anything significant over 2 pounds anywhere in Canada.

There is

kinda hard to believe your getting 2k a p for od here lol ....seriously...2k? lol

freezeland ;) we make do

attachment.php

Savage Seeds

Haven't seen real freeze since I delivered for the bikers. Used to be one of the best sellin outdoors you could come across.

B

Brad

used to is the key word...that was like 15 years ago....i love it personally...makes the best tasting shatter...and thats where it should shine these days...

Savage Seeds

Haha ya man, 15 years ago shit was borderline wild west in the weed world up here you could make money right off the fall chop and a good bunch of it, if you sat on it till May or June of next year $2500-$3000 wasn't hard to get. These days if you're gettin $2000 a elbow by the fuck it better be some real good shit! Either that or everybody is dried up.

People who still make good money off it are the ones who grow it and sell it themselves, if you grow and gotta sell to a middle man you might better give it away, especially early in the year. Some bullshit, I'm against legalization for that reason. Everybody is good at a job some of us happen to be good a growin and sellin weed it's how we make a livin. I knew quite a few "Medical" patients who had less ailments then a fitness guru but they got a license so sell legal weed and fuck the system.

I never even attempted to get on that wagon, things look like they're goin good for the weed community and gonna get better and more tolerated... But just now, sooner then later, the whole thing is gonna come crashin down up here and in the states on the legal and medical state of weed then it's gonna be illegal for everybody again.

I apologize for ranting so long, just think about it though if you will. The government doesn't want us to think we're too free.