What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Drum and Bass

fatcat

I love getting baked out of my mind and listening to good drum and bass, kinda like im doing now.

any other heavy listeners out there?

treehuggers

i used to do it preety hard... even bought some techniks mks started spining but got tierd of it....

it will pass. dont worry. xD

fatcat

i dont know man, ive been listening to it since i was like 13, im now 18. It inspired me to learn the instruments i have, turntables and drums.

I used to be into Jungle/D&B 10-15 years ago, the best DJ's at that time were Kenny Ken and Mickey Finn, a couple of my friends used to DJ D&B and got paid to do it, so stick at it, one even went on to producing garage/uk grime music.

treehuggers

i dont want to argue here ... but shiiiit.. when i started to spin really good and effortless I couldnt visit any parties any more because no matter who big star dj was i could hear these thing that bothered me... sound quality in the clubs and dj skills... so i was recording some sets ... people wanted to listen to what I made ... so anyway later on i was invited to spin for cash.... did it a cople of times ... and saw what fucking retards the rest of the DJs are... fucking trash cans... than i didnt want to have any part of it... i still have the turntabels & mixer tho... i listen to some old LPs .. not spining tho. Plus.. these DJ's that spin on cd's ... they suck balls.

Last edited:

daddy fingaz

all about the rollin basslines!!

one of the most diverse and influential music forms, straight outa the uk!!

Drum and Bass will never die!! :joint: :joint:

inverse

i got into D&B a couple years back after hearing pendulum's essential mix and downloading their first album...prior to that i had no interest in electronic music. However, after pendulum i only listened to DJ Patife and DJ marky...klute a little bit...but i need some recommendations for dnb similar to pendulums old shit (i don't like their new album)

just recently downloaded chase & status' essential mix...lovin it as well..not as melodic as pendulum's though

Rollin Face

drum and bass is definitely a great genre of music, here in so cal we have alot of events that have dnb rooms with Djs like Dieselboy, ak1200, dj dara...and the MCs hyping everyone up...its a really good type of music to let loose to...

buttyrekka

i was allways into jungle top 3....doc scott here come the drums,ruffige cru vip riders ghost,dead dred dead bass...anyone here go to quest,q club,eclipse... :dance: goood times:D :dance:
im hopeing grooverider will be on the drum and bass show tonight(on radio 1)
i think its a disgrace that noone stood up for him in the bosses on radio 1...wankers!
:canabis: big up the RIDER!!!!!! :rasta:
:laughing: :yeahthats the S the U the P the E the R :D!!!!!!!

Last edited:

fatcat

If you haven't heard Dieselboys ill skillz remixes, you should defiantly check them out, Its almost a blend of trance and DnB, but more on the DnB side.

G

grapepunched

DnB is really awesome, I love dnbtv.com and listening to their live stream sets!
Check it out if you like DnB!!!!

-gp

philmb

Big time dnb head here. Been listening to it since early 90's when it first started to evolve from acid n early rave. Been a big fan none stop all that time. Love all genre's. Jump up, liquid, naurofunk, hard step, tech step, dark step, etc etc etc. Love it all.. Love doin my own mix's. ooo ye, i rock... lol.... upload the to the net sometimes, if i can be assed.. Evan my signature, i nicked from playaz, logo...

hoppjah

if you guys like drum and bass. I've been listening to www.bassdrive.com for a long while now, they've got live DJ's round the clock, and they all play a different style of music. Pretty good stuff usually.

I got my tech's and rane mixer, maybe i should give the scratching a break and get back into mixing up some DnB

Strainbrain

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
Veteran
I used to spin (real vinyl!) but not d&b... minimal Swedish/Minneapolis style techno. All the great stuff from the late 90s... Adam Beyer, Cari Lekebusch, Chris Sattinger, etc. along with some really crazy stuff, I'd throw in Hardkiss or Soul Oddity. Oh, the good ol' days. As I got older, I got more into the d&b stuff. Love the NZ scene and it's hard to beat the good dark British sound. Big Photek fan. I also produce, my bedroom is more studio than bed. I'm trying to do D&B, but somehow what I make always ends up kinda chill...

:joint: I HAVE NO IDEA WHY.... :joint:

I'm going through a vocal phase right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhV833esmh4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPFtUMExB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJvAE-YsFak9c

Concord Dawn is like comfort food for my ears... an old fave. But somehow Ben Sage is new to me. (And I've been around a while.)

-s

goldfronts

some of my favs....

Klute
Teebee
Polar
Photek
omnitrio
dillinja
trace

favorite labels
Saigon
no u-turn
creative source
demonic
renegade
krush grooves

Strainbrain

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
Veteran
Klute is a fav of mine, too. Has been since he was making industrial tracks in the 90s.

Dillinja and Teebee are great! That's the kinda stuff I love. For a more site-themed take, love Calyx as well. GREAT stuff.

-s

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im def a fan,
drums are my life, been playing for 11 years. so i apriciate any percussion. nice funky bass lines and drums beats are the shit. haha
picture.php

thats what i work with