What's new

Is the indoor organic with artifical lighting?

G

Okay I have been growing hydroponic's for 6 year's now. I have tried many method's and a few brand of nutrient's that I felt were adequate for cannabis.

Now the legal term of organic's is mean what?

As I understood it all it ment, no insecticide's or man made chemical's are to be used in the growing process.

Now if indoor garden's are artifically lighted, than mother nature and what she offer's is not being used therefore the plant's are not organically grown.

I am a medical user and provide for other's. I started using benefical bug's year's ago and this brought me to ogranic nutrient's as I wanted the best medicine possible. As I looked into this I see a lawsuit against the grower or caregiver who claim's ogranically grown bud from a indoor garden. It may not apply to many, but a strong minded medical user will file a lawsuit against the grower over this issue some day soon.

I am not argueing the point, trying to get a better understanding and idea about what is "true organic's" and can this truely be acheived indoor's.

I do not think indoor garden's can be legally claimed organic because of the artifical lighting alone, and then if you use RO filtered water than you are using a non organic substance in the grow.

I do not think one should claim their bud is organically grown if from a indoor garden, maybe use the new term " hydro ogranic" meaning all that can be done organically in the growing process is being done.

At least that is how tech's at PBP explained he term to me when I called them to discuss the stroage of their nutrient's after they had been opened.

I could be totally wrong and just to stonned and talking out my ass, but if any one has some thing to add to this, please do, just want all to be safe and I do not want other's to sue me, when one helps medically, other's seem to think you are well to do and have alot to take, in reality I am low income and have not much, but it is still more than what other's might have.

I personally will not claim my indoor bud is oganically grown again, but just use the new term to I have learned, Hydro Oganic, but if it is not turely oganic than why spend the money it take's to grow ogranically when legally the artifical lighting used to grow it stop's it from being oganic?

grow safe.

realhigh.

G

TK can answer this far better than I, but allow me to give it a shot.

The defining part of organic or in-organic is the nutrients. Inorganic nutrients, such as GH Flora which I use, are salts and are mostly the elemental forms of the nutrients that plants need. They register on EC meters and ppm is used to measure nutrient strength. Organic nutrients are more complex and are the nutrients more commonly found in nature. These nutrients are broken down to elemental substances while in solution and are not ionic, therefor EC measurements are almost useless.

As far as I know, the light source has nothing to do with determining whether a crop is organic or not.

The US FDA has a slightly different definition of organic, including the pesticides used during growth.

As far as legal considerations - Federally, it is illegal to grow marijuana, regardless of state medical marijuana laws. If anyone seriously tried to bring a lawsuit against you because you claimed your herb was "organic", I would think all parties involved would be looking at federal prosecution, whether or not your product is technically "organic". But this of course brings up another topic for another room...

Anyway, if you don't rely on EC measurements to determine your nutrient strength, I would be willing to bet that you are using organic nutrients, and therefor are growing organic bud.

Please correct me if I am way off base TK.

G

I see it depend's on what you consider to be organic grown product's.

To me organic is a total way of growing, not just organic nutrient's, but all is natural and pure from the earth. Benefical insect's are used to combat the harmful one's.

I still feel lighting is part of the gorw, artifical lighting is not organic to me.

I also feel that using RO water in the system would take away from it being a true ogranic reservoir. Maybe I was thinking to much like a lawyer, but it is something to think about if you want to cover your back and stay safe.

I would like to hear what TK has to say about this.

grow safe.

realhigh.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
using ro water would be closer to organic than water from ur tap, because of all the chlorine, fluoride and other shite they pump it full of.

you can grow indoors under lights in a hydro system and still call it organic - as long as you use only organic nutrients and pest control

you can grow outdoors in soil under the sun - but if you use any non organic nutrients or pest control - then you cannot call it organic (you can call it BIO)

this is the usual definition - and the one used by those Dutch coffee shops who care about such things

G

Okay, PBP, what I was told from tech in Arizona, it now is made with a self life of 1 year after it leave's the plant in Arizona.

It must be stored at 72 degree's, no higher than 78 degree's in the store.

Apparently around 80 degree's a organism breackdown occur's changing thing's in the nutrient mix. It goes bad and kills root system's fast.

AFter opening it, if you can not garuntee a stable temp in your storage area, use the refregirator. I did a test just to see. Left one gallon out in the back bathroom were it is the coolest alway's, but has spike's in temp with weather. It was bad when I went and used it, yet the gallon in the refrigerator is good and plant's love it.

grow safe.

realhigh.

If RO water is organic, than all water is organic, just some is more polluted than other's, so RO filtering system just remove's the pollutant's and leave's it organic as it can be??????

Now what about the light's, indoor lighting is artificial and made made, so is it organic or non organic?????

I do not ever use tap water, RO water or I go to the mountains and get spring water from the ground with a ph of 6.8 and a TDS of 27ppm's. Just a long as drive just for water, but I do make the trip for water to flush the girls with.

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
well,
i cant understand why you wouldnt consider herb grown with RO water organic.
after all, it's water in its purest form possible in this day and age.
as close to pure h2o as you can get.

the point of growing organic is to introduce as few inorganic contaminants as possible to the plants.
RO filtration removes many of these contaminants. chlorine, mercury, etc...
RO water is actually cloer to being organic than the water from your spring as the majority of groundwater in the us has become contaminated in some way or another.

organic by definition relating to agriculture means "cultivated or raised without chemicals (such as pesticides) or drugs (such as hormones)"

"of or derived from living organisms"

american heritage dictionary

as far as light is concerned...
using artificial light doesnt introduce any foreign substances into the tissue of the plants and that is what matters to me when i take what is organic into consideration.

Okie grown

Veteran
I need to talk to the lady at my hydro store.She rents a little place in a strip mall and it only has ac up front where the register is .You have to go tru a door to what is more less a big store room where thay have all there shelves and stuff.In the summer she keeps that doore shut when there is no coust.When you walk in she will open the door so you can go back and shope .Needless to say in the summer it get well over 80 deg.I have bought pbp , cal- mag and liquid karma in the summer before and the bottles be hot.I figured this was not good but did not say anything.I have never had any probs. plants grow great but could be better wityh nutes that havent been boiled.Also has anyone heard about the people that bottle b - cuzz watering it down 25 to 50 %I guess thay got cought and its not going on any more.I just bought my 1st bottle of b cuzz bloom and its not real dark like liquid karma .But i have never used it before so i have no idea what it looks like.I was wondering if any one ealse has any to comapre? I use top max and love it!It realy brings out the trichs and flavor but dont seem to make gaint buds so im going to try b-cuzz bloom with top max and see if that works good.

King

It can be organic or inorganic, depends on one thing, Nutrients. It doesn't depend on your light source. Light is light. It may be artificial light(not natural, man-made), but that has zero effect on the organic/inorganic qualities of the plant. Seems a bit of a stretch to me. Organic/Inorganic vs Natural/Not Natural seem to be misunderstood, as I recently had done.

RO water falls into a similar boat IMO. If you had a choice of placing your plant by a clean stream with a PPM of around 20, or by a river with 175PPM water, which would you choose? Not a tough choice. Though either could be organic.

I'm using PBP out of a 2.5 gallon container, that is about 1.5 years old, never placed in the fridge, working just fine. Maybe I'm lucky. I would think unless AA only ships PBP around winter, it has by a good chance, gone over the temperature allowance, most likely on it's truck ride to it's destination.

G

Thank's for the education everyone, now I can see your point's, and I do admit I agree with them. The understanding I have of organic's, removed or used from nature in natural state, non man refined or processed, no man made pesticide's or chemical's used.
I am sure I was being over clinical about it, but I found the explanation and understanding that I seeked.

I do appreciate all who replied, sorry if I am hard headed about thing's at time's, but eventually it get's softer if I knock on it long enough.

The other thing I was told, if the outlet mis storred the nutrient's, well they could be bad from their, so I accepted this and got 2 new gallon's shipped to me, and I have to admit, the one I let set out was one that was in question, the other's were the new one's sen to me. I sure hope other's do not have trouble's like I did, but when bad it take's lock's up root's, leave's die no matter how much flushing you do, some plant's will not recover. I changed medium, drain cleaned system, and went 2 week's with slow death occuring before they took off and recovered.
It was hell, so I do hope it is an isulated case.

stay safe and grow the same way.

realhigh.

Latest posts

Latest posts