What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sometimes I forget that others don't have my tolerance.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
A old friend from 20 years ago came over to my house yesterday. We seen each other maybe three times in the past decade. Him and I were huge dirt weed and reg/mid smokers back in our teens and twenties. Our prohibitionland access to good bud has greatly improved since then. (we used to just call it "The Kind")
He really LOVED my Cannabis bar!
He said past few months he'd really been smoking flowers heavily again.
We sat at the bar and he tried all my strains. One after another.
Then he starts talking about wax. I said "you wanna try it?". He definitely did.
So I loaded up my Yocan Plus wax vape, and held the button down told him to give it a pull.
He started making this funny face and I'm laughing. I thought he was doing his old Cosby pudding pops face he used to do all the time (20 years ago).
His eyes going all crazy. But then he never said "doah wanna puddin pop? (like my buddy ALWAYS did) and I realized he was passing out!
I'm on the other side of the bar, so I grabbed his shirt and chest to hold him up. He's alot bigger than me. His legs were locked, so I had him propped up, bit then his fucking knees buckled and I thought he was gonna crash through the bar. I was able to push him down on the bar stool and sorta steady him there.
He wispered "grab me". Mother fucker what do you think I been doing.

So then I can see in his eyes he coming back around.

This is the best part. -. First thing he does is stands up and yells " oh my God that taste good! Let me see that again!"
Lol.
I gave him a chair instead of bar stool and let have the vape and go at it. I laughed for a long time. Shit, I'm still laughing.

Besides that first hit, he handled the rest pretty well.

I smoked hit for hit. Didn't really get high. I thought I would because we started at 1 pm and it was my first smoke of the day.
Everybody's body is different I guess.

Last edited:

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Lmao im so not surprised..

Its just like getting high for the first time, but with all the experience youve had since.. his blood thc was probably higher than ever but just for a few mins whilst his liver detoxed it..

shithawk420

Veteran
Similar thing happened to me.maybe the booze played a part but I guess I blacked,or " ghosted out" and fell and made a hole in the wall and got a concussion.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
It's kind of full circle because about 10 years or so ago I spent a night at his house because it was close to my job.
He pulled out a gravity bong, and I hadn't done that since my teens. I took a big hit and passed out for a second crashing into bucket, spilling the water all over and inside dresser and on his clothes.
The difference being (at least I'm telling myself this) that I believe I passed out because of lack of oxygen. He "greened" or "ghosted" out of a sip of a vape. It wasn't a monster hit or anything.

Now we got something to talk about for years.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Lmao im so not surprised..

Its just like getting high for the first time, but with all the experience youve had since.. his blood thc was probably higher than ever but just for a few mins whilst his liver detoxed it..

First time I tried wax was only like three years ago. Dude gave me two dabs and I was speechless. My wife was like "I haven't seen him like that in years, if ever"
It really was like the first time you get high. Even higher than that.
However the next time I tasted it, a few weeks later I didn't get nowhere near as high.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Similar thing happened to me.maybe the booze played a part but I guess I blacked,or " ghosted out" and fell and made a hole in the wall and got a concussion.

Ouch! At least the massive rush of cannabinoids is supposed to be a neuroprotectent. Concussion may have been worse without the cannabis?

shithawk420

Veteran
I've had so many concussions I didn't feel a thing.i don't dab and drink at the same time anymore

Carraxe

Veteran
Tolerance is a shit. I've been smoking nearly 10 grams a day for years until I realized it was a lot of weed and besides, I didn't feel really stoned ever. I stopped smoking 4 weeks ago and I just miss it sometimes, when I watch a movie or I have sex. Quitting hasn't been a problem, I even sleep quite well. I thought it would be harder, after so many years and pounds smoked.

The funny thing is that I started dreaming again. First two weeks I had real nice and intense dreams, I could feel and remember surrealistic adventures I had while sleeping and in fact I was going to bed craving with dreams. I can't believe how our brain mixes everything in your life and puts it into the dreams.

I'll start smoking again, but I might wait another month. I hope I'm not back to 10 grams a day soon.

How much were you smoking a day?

soil margin

Veteran
Tolerance is a shit. I've been smoking nearly 10 grams a day for years until I realized it was a lot of weed and besides, I didn't feel really stoned ever. I stopped smoking 4 weeks ago and I just miss it sometimes, when I watch a movie or I have sex. Quitting hasn't been a problem, I even sleep quite well. I thought it would be harder, after so many years and pounds smoked.

The funny thing is that I started dreaming again. First two weeks I had real nice and intense dreams, I could feel and remember surrealistic adventures I had while sleeping and in fact I was going to bed craving with dreams. I can't believe how our brain mixes everything in your life and puts it into the dreams.

Man when I take a break from weed for a week or something my dreams get so freaking crazy. Like a mix between a horror movie and a crazy sci-fi novel. Last night I was dreaming that I was underwater on some alien planet or something and couldn't breathe. Every time I wake up in the morning I thank god I'm still alive. Makes me not want to ever stop smoking haha.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Man when I take a break from weed for a week or something my dreams get so freaking crazy. Like a mix between a horror movie and a crazy sci-fi novel. Last night I was dreaming that I was underwater on some alien planet or something and couldn't breathe. Every time I wake up in the morning I thank god I'm still alive. Makes me not want to ever stop smoking haha.

For years I was on opioid pills. Only time I dreamed was when I was dope sick (no opioids). Didn't matter if I smoked weed or not.

Now I'm pill free for almost three years, and the cannabis blocks out most my dreams, where it didn't before.

I used to smoke all day everyday. Bongs before work, vape wax all day at work, back to bongs when I get home.

Now I usually wait till I get home from work. Smoking alot less, still to same effect- hardly get high any more, but not blowing through it as fast. Maybe a gram a day now.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway

I'll start smoking again, but I might wait another month. I hope I'm not back to 10 grams a day soon.

How much were you smoking a day?

For me trying to slow down is hard.
Not because of the buzz, I hardly get one.
It's like a habit. When I get home from work it's ingrained in me to go-to my cannabis bar.
I have gotten better about smoking as soon as I wake up. Haven't waked and baked in long time because it seems like the longer I wait after waking, better my buzz will be.

Habbit
Just like I always light up a nasty cigarette when I get in my truck. Or the phone rings..

One day I'll get rid of the nasty tobacco once and for all.

Carraxe

Veteran
For me trying to slow down is hard.
Not because of the buzz, I hardly get one.
It's like a habit. When I get home from work it's ingrained in me to go-to my cannabis bar.
I have gotten better about smoking as soon as I wake up. Haven't waked and baked in long time because it seems like the longer I wait after waking, better my buzz will be.

Habbit
Just like I always light up a nasty cigarette when I get in my truck. Or the phone rings..

One day I'll get rid of the nasty tobacco once and for all.

Yes, it is just habit. But be careful with tobacco. That's as hard drug as heroin.

I stopped smoking cigs about 10 years ago. It was hard for months, but man, that was an improvement in my lifestyle. Very recommended. At the beggining I used to take nicotine chewing gum just to avoid the cold turkey and have my lungs clean to play music.

I think I'm starting a thread about my experience stopping taking weed.

Take care
Cheers

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I have lots of experience with addiction. I'm definitely addicted to the nicotine... But I smoke way more than needed because of habit.
When I was on pills... I took them when sick, not as a habit.
Cigs are different. When I wake, go-to bathroom, after sex, after food.
It's a dirty disgusting habit.
As I light up another...

Carraxe

Veteran
I was chain smoking as well, and yes, this one was a good reason to quit cigarettes when I did: I couldn't manage to smoke just one per hour, or less. I believe I have kind of compulsive behaviour. Also we trick ourselves to believe we are going to feel the relax we associate with smoking, but if we smoke one after other we don't feel that.

That is a good starting point to solve the problem, to know ourselves.

Take care

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I was chain smoking as well, and yes, this one was a good reason to quit cigarettes when I did: I couldn't manage to smoke just one per hour, or less. I believe I have kind of compulsive behaviour. Also we trick ourselves to believe we are going to feel the relax we associate with smoking, but if we smoke one after other we don't feel that.

That is a good starting point to solve the problem, to know ourselves.

Take care
Wise words friend, wise indeed.

madson

i've got the same experiences once i stop 1-2 days to smoke. even if i smoke way less than normally i start to dream again.

was it the first time your friend dabbed CannaRed?

Drewsif

I've never seen anyone pass out but my friend used to hold his hits so long he'd get a little confused.

Tolerance is weird. I got to where i couldnt get high smoking herb, only hash. Turns out it wasn't a potency/quantity thing because when I switched to the vaporizer, 0.025g of top quality gets me high every time. Gotta keep those lungs clean. If your bud is fumey enough to clean a dirty grinder, it'll do the same for your lungs in a vape.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
had a friend pass out from a 3 liter g bong back in day he hit the ground came back up swinging he thought someone punched him

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
i've got the same experiences once i stop 1-2 days to smoke. even if i smoke way less than normally i start to dream again.

was it the first time your friend dabbed CannaRed?

Im pretty sure that I gave him a dab out of a rig three years ago, but he didn't remember. But it was first time he hit the Yocan vape.