What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana Should Never Be Smoked ??

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Salutations,

Religion is not science, hence lets start with observing what's the problem alike under a microscope, actually:This is "Dry Herb" before and after the shredding...So many years later the proposal of "Hot Dry Air Ovenizer" manufacturers remains to shuffle ~300 mg into a black box designed to thermalize at some user-adjusted vaporizing temperature for such long periods those guys depend on tricky material selection performed early at the blueprints stage... Alternately, Pulse-Heating has been demonstrated in forensic chromatography for decades, so i'd simply guess there may be a "scientific edge" about avoiding long heating (read "Baking"), after all:
* « Rapid heating prevents from secondary reaction and decomposition. »:scripture:

M'well, i'm quite ready to bet the legal chromatograph industry has chosen pulse-heating for a good reason while parallel experimentation via "Micro-Bursting" appears to validate this: it simply accounts for the most generous aroma/taste appreciation i can obtain from a mere ~20 mg toke, thanks to a broad-spectrum cannabinoïds release lasting seconds instead of minutes (it's actually a time-compressed event). Now here's another twist: i figured that by matching my Energy Packet to its Cannabic WorkLoad i'm essentially targeting tiny features of the Contact-Surface on a specific-enough basis, presumably discriminating between trichomes and larger vegetal structures. So, consequently, considering the trichome gland collect noble substances on a molecular basis at the site of genesis this clearly suggests a consumption method capable of promoting extraction of a precious target while rejecting plant matter quite possibly impregnated with contaminants anyway - hence yet another motivation to avoid/delay baking as much as possible. Meanwhile the manufacturers who tell us what we want or need (...) typically refocus on the valorization of a deceiving "CHEAT" effect better adapted for piss-poor mari-kéca situations IMO.

As for industrial concentrates which i expect to fail at filtering everything except noble molecules (...), it obviously translates as contaminants concentration and this is synonymous of VILIFICATION as well, now imagine SMOKING (though i'll always oppose to prohibitionism invading/attacking/negating the legal right of adult informed smokers to choose)...

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z:biggrin:

T

Teddybrae

Lungs are for breathing. I smoked with them and now they don't work very well.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I read an interesting paper at NCBI about how both cannabis smoke and tobacco smoke have the carcinogens in the smoke but it is in the precursor form. The tobacco smoke has the proper element to activate the carcinogen.

Cannabis not only, doesn't have the constituent required to activate the carcinogen. But, it actually has elements that encapsulate the carcinogen in it's precursor form and prevent it from being activated.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Cannabis not only, doesn't have the constituent required to activate the carcinogen. But, it actually has elements that encapsulate the carcinogen in it's precursor form and prevent it from being activated."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That has been my understanding too. So I don't understand why people are putting all their faith in a relatively untested method (vaping), when the old method (schmoking) has been around forever, and are there reports of anybody getting hurt by it? I have smoked for decades with no negative effects, and I smoke a lot. So your mileage may vary, but smoking is fine for me, and vaping is weak in comparison.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just my opinion, and don't tell me I haven't ever vaped using XYZ product. Enjoy your espensive toys, amigos. Say hello to my little friend- Mr. Doobie, LOL!
[/FONT]

Egzoset

Salutations Jellything,

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...the old method (schmoking) has been around forever... [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Enjoy your expensive toys...[/FONT]

Forever? Our early ancestor's genome didn't even include the necessary receptors while they were still hairy... In any case SMOKING has been around for much too long already, while international efforts never stop coordination in hope to eradicate it soon.

IMHO it's time to fix our habit ourselves because the others just won't help us, on the contrary. The cost of paper sounds like a lame excuse, no doubt it's a convenient bargain but that's also a mirage and a trap, turning "COOL" looking "Stoner$"/"Droÿé$" into Self-VILIFYING agents serving bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionism on the long run: for the weasels it's a win-win situation starting with destroying noble molecules by combustion fire...

Then the day comes when too many of us face denial of health care in a hospital where asthma symptoms justify a visit to the CooCoo nest instead, for example pretending it's THC-induced paranoïa, etc., etc.

:2cents:

Lucky me, nobody can take away my customized VG pipe - which paid for itself long ago, despite the additional cost reflecting my motivation...

But never mind as we don't use the same grid of values & criterias. Lets just watch TV, doing nothing!

coffee.gif

Euh...

Brother Nature

Vaping seems to me to be very consumer lead, if it truly were the best way to inhale marijuana, we'd already be doing it, people have been 'vaping' Opium since forever (burning it destroys the best bits in it). If we've had the ability to 'vape' opium but don't do that with one of the other oldest drug in the world, that should tell you something. I own a PAX 2 and I love it, that being said, while at home I tend to just smoke small one hit bong loads and that works better for me. Not saying one way is better than another, but one seems to be lead more by the industry providing the hardware more so than the other.

Vapor is simply "A substance diffused or suspended in the air, especially one normally liquid or solid." So regardless of the fact you're not combusting your bud, you are still inhaling a foreign substance into your lungs, which by the way are built to deal with that. THC itself is an expectorant so by itself it does work to help clear the damage it's doing to your lungs. Smoking anything isn't great, but don't buy the crap they're selling you cause they've made you believe it's better. If you really want a better way to ingest cannabis, cook with it (or stick it up your bum, apparently that's also a thing now).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23802821

Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2013 Jun;10(3):239-47. doi: 10.1513/AnnalsATS.201212-127FR.
Effects of marijuana smoking on the lung.

Tashkin DP1.
Abstract

Regular smoking of marijuana by itself causes visible and microscopic injury to the large airways that is consistently associated with an increased likelihood of symptoms of chronic bronchitis that subside after cessation of use. On the other hand, habitual use of marijuana alone does not appear to lead to significant abnormalities in lung function when assessed either cross-sectionally or longitudinally, except for possible increases in lung volumes and modest increases in airway resistance of unclear clinical significance. Therefore, no clear link to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease has been established. Although marijuana smoke contains a number of carcinogens and cocarcinogens, findings from a limited number of well-designed epidemiological studies do not suggest an increased risk for the development of either lung or upper airway cancer from light or moderate use, although evidence is mixed concerning possible carcinogenic risks of heavy, long-term use. Although regular marijuana smoking leads to bronchial epithelial ciliary loss and impairs the microbicidal function of alveolar macrophages, evidence is inconclusive regarding possible associated risks for lower respiratory tract infection. Several case reports have implicated marijuana smoking as an etiologic factor in pneumothorax/pneumomediastinum and bullous lung disease, although evidence of a possible causal link from epidemiologic studies is lacking. In summary, the accumulated weight of evidence implies far lower risks for pulmonary complications of even regular heavy use of marijuana compared with the grave pulmonary consequences of tobacco.

herbgreen

Veteran
The rastas are the modern pioneers of the vape

verdamper is a direct modern electric version of that rasta vapor pipe- I dont know if Evert who invented Verdamper knew the rasta steam pipes but its the same exact concept that most likely was from having a ton of fresh jamaican mountian herb thats not dry yet and its that simple...mother of invention

We used an early heat gun version which evolved into the De Verdamper....it was pretty cool because it had a fan and blew a thick vapor stream out a tube...amazing

Log vapes are based on old nicotine delivery system

Its a real thing for sure....

Many versions available and much research to be done for sure

Nothing wrong with a bong rip or joints or pipes IMO but its many many methods involved that are valid

Probably kif on the stainless screen in bong may be the purest w/flame

I love the forced air vapes through water pipe really nice and gets fantastic result

There is something to getting as much into the lung as quick as possible in short amount of time with the least resistance That is least rejection by the human body....Human body resists smoke and its like a substance it knows is toxic in someway...We become good and getting around that effect but with vapor its just one less point of resistance

Something to be said for that concept.....and may be better in the long run

We build natural resistance to smoke and vapor....but I think its much less over time with vapor and theory worth exploring

Very worthwhile....good info around here...lots of good experience can save a lot of trial and error

Last edited:

Sunshineinabag

Salutations Jellything,

Forever? Our early ancestor's genome didn't even include the necessary receptors while they were still hairy... In any case SMOKING has been around for much too long already, while international efforts never stop coordination in hope to eradicate it soon.

IMHO it's time to fix our habit ourselves because the others just won't help us, on the contrary. The cost of paper sounds like a lame excuse, no doubt it's a convenient bargain but that's also a mirage and a trap, turning "COOL" looking "Stoner$"/"Droÿé$" into Self-VILIFYING agents serving bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionism on the long run: for the weasels it's a win-win situation starting with destroying noble molecules by combustion fire...

Then the day comes when too many of us face denial of health care in a hospital where asthma symptoms justify a visit to the CooCoo nest instead, for example pretending it's THC-induced paranoïa, etc., etc.

:2cents:

Lucky me, nobody can take away my customized VG pipe - which paid for itself long ago, despite the additional cost reflecting my motivation...

But never mind as we don't use the same grid of values & criterias. Lets just watch TV, doing nothing!

View Image

Euh...

U a little sarcastic and sour?

JohnnyChicago

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just my opinion, and don't tell me I haven't ever vaped using XYZ product. Enjoy your espensive toys, amigos. Say hello to my little friend- Mr. Doobie, LOL!
[/FONT]

That's bullshit, amigo!
Over the last 10 years you probably have spent more money on lighters, papers or on pipes/bongs than I did on vaping tools.Not speaking of the 50% more weed that you need to get the same effect.

And no I'm not a vapor fanatic. I enjoy both, smoking and vaping.

When you start your post by saying the other guy's opinions are bs then you are shooting yourself in the foot, Mr. President. But please, continue.

Sunshineinabag

Fuken trump before he was just a chithead real estate developer, now everyone knows the guy! Anyway maybe I should try both I guess!?

St. Phatty

U a little sarcastic and sour?

That almost sounds like a strain !

I've had Sage & Sour, it's GOOOD.

Like with most things, Quantity Matters.

I smoke using a waterpipe with about 3 cups of water in it.

I draw in air at the same time (i.e. don't seal my lips around the pipe stem).

It clears the bowl which is about 1/2 cc.

That's all. One inhalation, which I hold in for a minute or 2. Then come back for another puff 2 or 3 hours later.

I think everybody's opinion is valid if what they are doing works for them.

And, if you want to 'get technical', you need a "smoking machine" (like the cigarette companies have for tobacco cigarettes.)

There are ways to measure all the tar etc. THC, CBD, all cannabinoids, terpenes, everything.

I think it would be interesting to measure EVERYTHING -
* total amount inhaled by Cannabis smokers (joint)
* total amount inhaled by Cannabis smokers (waterpipe)
* total amount inhaled by Vapers.
etc. etc. etc.

But even though it would be interesting, it's what works for you, that matters.

Do any of you guys get high by rubbing extracts on the inside of your lips ?

I would imagine absorption through the skin might be interesting.

If any of you are interested in buying chem. analytical equipment for this kind of study,
https://auctionbdi.hibid.com/

They've been auctioning slightly aged electronics for Silicon Valley for about 2 decades. You can get gas chromatographs, & other chem analytical equipment CHEAP. Usually it works but it's sold as is.

Sunshineinabag

That almost sounds like a strain !

I've had Sage & Sour, it's GOOOD.

Like with most things, Quantity Matters.

I smoke using a waterpipe with about 3 cups of water in it.

I draw in air at the same time (i.e. don't seal my lips around the pipe stem).

It clears the bowl which is about 1/2 cc.

That's all. One inhalation, which I hold in for a minute or 2. Then come back for another puff 2 or 3 hours later.

I think everybody's opinion is valid if what they are doing works for them.

And, if you want to 'get technical', you need a "smoking machine" (like the cigarette companies have for tobacco cigarettes.)

There are ways to measure all the tar etc. THC, CBD, all cannabinoids, terpenes, everything.

I think it would be interesting to measure EVERYTHING -
* total amount inhaled by Cannabis smokers (joint)
* total amount inhaled by Cannabis smokers (waterpipe)
* total amount inhaled by Vapers.
etc. etc. etc.

But even though it would be interesting, it's what works for you, that matters.

Do any of you guys get high by rubbing extracts on the inside of your lips ?

I would imagine absorption through the skin might be interesting.

If any of you are interested in buying chem. analytical equipment for this kind of study,
https://auctionbdi.hibid.com/

They've been auctioning slightly aged electronics for Silicon Valley for about 2 decades. You can get gas chromatographs, & other chem analytical equipment CHEAP. Usually it works but it's sold as is.

Thankyou for your insight! I think I try to measure my ingestion at night ......I would love to get a cultivar that lets me take one pull and enjoy my day.:woohoo:

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
That's bullshit, amigo!
Over the last 10 years you probably have spent more money on lighters, papers or on pipes/bongs than I did on vaping tools.Not speaking of the 50% more weed that you need to get the same effect.

And no I'm not a vapor fanatic. I enjoy both, smoking and vaping.

What's bullshit, amigo? I never said smoking was cheaper than vaping. But now that you mention it, it is. :biggrin:

I might call bullshit on YOUR claim that it takes 50% more weed to get just as high from smoking as vaping to achieve the same effect. Is that what you're saying? Are you remembering to actually light the joint? :biggrin:

soil margin

Veteran
My thought on it is that smoking is probably not the healthiest manner to consume cannabis, but also I feel the health benefits of the substance far outweigh the negative health effects of inhaling some weed smoke. I mean remember cannabis is a potent anti-inflammatory and also has anti-cancer properties, which are basically the two main negative effects from smoking so you're kind of taking the cure with the poison in that sense. Edibles seem to clearly be the healthiest option of consumption but also the least practical.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have yall seen the SMOG in China's cities?
Dirtiest air on earth and those people are living until old age!

I haven't met a respiritory therapist yet that doesn't smoke cigarettes or hasn't in the past.

You vapor nazis are fuckin silly with your elitist attitudes