What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to water indoor soil gardens?

DTOM420

I’m wondering how folks are watering the soil in their indoor gardens? I mean, how are you physically pouring the water onto the soil? In my tent I have lots of training wire going from the lip of the pots up to branches for LST; and, between them and the branches themselves, it’s a friggin maze! Then, getting to the plants 3-4 feet (1-1.25m) back it takes lots of pot moving and contortions of my part to get the mouth of a 1 gallon water bottle above the soil. Lol! I’m thinking there’s GOT to be a better way!

I really can’t do a drip system indoors because of the location and I have plants at different stages that require different nutes. So, I mix for each plant separately. I don’t understand how folks are watering SCROG setups where you can’t move the plants or get in their between them. I’m mean, how do you get to those ‘hard to reach’ pots?? Are you unzipping the tent all the way around to get at them? I sure hate to do that as it’d let way more odor out than I care to have wafting about the building.

I’ve even thought about finding a way to attach some PEX tubing to a water can so I can fish it into that tangled web. Before I try to get creative, though, I thought I’d ask the AFN braintrust how y’all are doing it?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
... with a long watering wand, connected to a submersible pump, in a 5 gal bucket. Feed the same way :tiphat:

Cvh

Supermod
I handwater.

But you might want to look into a Blumat passive watering system.
It doesn't require any electricity or timers or batteries. It automatically opens and closes depending on your soil moisture.
It can work with a reservoir or directly connected to your tap.
You can leave the reservoir out of your tent.
It's inexpensive too.

Install more then one system if you need to feed different nutrient mixtures. Or a single Blumat carrot for each plant with an individual gallon bottle as reservoir.

Blumat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ifuOzshJc
https://blumat.com/mobile/en/
(Remove the S from the HTPS if you receive a security warning.)

And this gal is running a system in a tent with a reservoir, she's even disabled and can grow with this system:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whFjidT_2U4

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Tip toes, hand rail and trip after trip with a 2 litre water bottle, while trying not to burn my scalp on the bulb again.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I grow in 6 inch pots. So I can move the pots if need be. I have a couple of 5 foot monsters in the flowering room The rest are about 4-5 feet tall. All I do is water when just about dry and feed well with solution at 1/4 strength of recommended strength at every watering save the last two. I have been feeding with Maxi-Bloom up until the buds are getting mature. Then I switch over to Cha-Ching to finish them up! Seems to work just fine!

Canna Joey

:dance013:I have the same problem
When the plants are young I attach a pice of 1/2 inch pvc as tall as you need when the canopy is full I can place a small funnel and water

Now I am trying individual screens to net each plant separately
This way I can take them out and trim at my work table also I water to drain I don’t like to leave my girls feet sit in water the fabric bags I use tend to suck too much back

Good luck

G

GatorGumbo

I mix my water by the litre in a sport bottle. I just give each plant a big squirt until it's all gone, gives me another foot or two of range and makes it hard to water too quickly. You can just poke a hole in a bottle cap of any bottle, it works the same.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
I use a 6 gal tub with a tap on the bottle filled with RO using 1.5L bottles with nutes mixed up in each and if changed then pH/ec tested to be sure im not sticking something stupid down em. i prefer to feed in the middle 4 hours of their day and water till some pour through to be sure im not stressing the root ball by underwatering some bits and causing salt build up. Watering with 1/2 slowly and evenly then a couple mins later the rest to make sure it doesnt all just flow straight through any channels or air pockets.

With soil low in organic matter that retains a lot of moisture i find it works better to drip feed/feed(water) more regularly than in organic soil which i water through and let go 24 hours till they're dry again and i use 5-10gal airpots, SCROG on poor knees lol lifting, checking and watering.

Mengsk

This size pump is about right for watering small pots indoors or a small flood table.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 22
S

SmokingYoda

I either hand water with a 2L juice jug or I fill a 40L rubbermade container with a hose bib attached with a 3/4 flex hose with a shark bite shutoff valve and water that way to get the plants in the back.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Nice, everyone has their own method!:)

For the 6in pot stage I place the pots lined up in rows in large plastic containers and water from underneath.

... all ya have to do is reach the front edge of the container/pool and the plants in the back get just as much as the others.:tiphat:

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Get a wand and a pump or a good watering can...usually my lowers are so bald from defoliating that theres no problem..

MintyMick

For the 6in pot stage I place the pots lined up in rows in large plastic containers and water from underneath.

... all ya have to do is reach the front edge of the container/pool and the plants in the back get just as much as the others.:tiphat:

Get a wand and a pump or a good watering can...usually my lowers are so bald from defoliating that theres no problem..

Cosmic and tleaf have the right idea. Use trays (with a removable drain) next time and water from the bottom. It works and you don’t have to be an acrobat to keep your girls from getting thirsty.

For a short term solution maybe buy a spray rig. You can pick one up at a hardware store and they aren’t all that expensive.

Attachments

• A362F465-FB9D-4380-9BF7-E149D857FBFF.jpg
    A362F465-FB9D-4380-9BF7-E149D857FBFF.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Latest posts