What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fire Haze & THC Bomb Summer 18 Grow

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi,
About time I caught up here and posted.

I am currently struggling with heat in my loftie but persevering with two Fire Haze clones from a bag-seed momma and two THC Bomb clones from a pal. They are just over five weeks at the mo and looking good under the 300 CFL, although recently pruned for clones. My 600w Hid lights were just too hot and so a slow plod through the veg stage on the CFL is in order. I aim to flip them to 12/12 end of July but the main prize for me is the follow-on grow. The Haze is sure to finish several weeks later than the Bomb but that's cool with me.

I just have to get them through the worst of the UK Summer heat (don't laugh!), as it's a loftie it isn't that easy. Anyway CFL and some back-up LED clusters should get me to the 1st week Sept, when the temps should have dropped enough to get my Hid air-cooled system up and running again. I have 12 x Haze & 12 x Bomb clones currently in my propagator, from which I will choose the best four from each for the second and main run.

I can then finish these four girls under 600w Hid flowering bulbs as the next 8 are maturing in the vegging room under CFL and as soon as these four finish and I harvest them, I can switch to Metal Halide in the air-cooled system for the main grow of 8 (4 x haze and 4 x Bomb) in the big room, which should harvest around Christmas - woohoo!

I can't wait to see these ladies in flower and I'll post more pics as they mature.

Peace and happy growing people!
Iffy :tiphat:

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Beast from the East!

The Beast from the East!

Hi Peeps,
'Bout time for an update and to share with you my progress. I would also like to introduce you to; 'The Beast from the East!' (East Midlands anyway).

I decided to split my current grow, so I could grow the THC Bomb ladies much bigger than my loftie could handle. I left 4 x Fire Haze ladies upstairs and took my 4 x Bomb ladies to a pal's house nearby. We set them up in a 4.2m x 4.2m tent in his spare bedroom and they have just gone nuts!

I think the stretch will be phenomenal and they drink gallons! Been on 12/12 for just 4 days and early flowers are showing already and we fitted the SCROG net today and just in time.
Looks like it's going to be a lovely Christmas!

Happy growing!
Regards,
Iffy

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update

Update

Hi,
Just an update;

I cropped these four the other night with some much-needed LST. I didn't snap one single branch in the process and they were all tied down nicely into a bit of space. When I had finished it looked as though an air-burst bomb had gone off above them! My partner in this grow (a newbie) was shocked when he saw them all flattened. "You've killed them!" He accused me and I just grinned and told him "Maybe, let's just see!" :)

Two days later and here's the result - :dance013:

My camera's not brilliant but you can see they've all turned their faces up to the light and it's gonna be a fine harvest!

Peace and happy growing.

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Latest pics

Latest pics

Pictorial update;

Things looking peachy :dance013:

6 weeks and counting....

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
4th week flowering

4th week flowering

Hi Peeps,
Pictorial update on the 4 x THC Bomb ladies in my second growroom.
4th week into flower and looking stunning imho.

Another 4 weeks or so and Boom!
:tiphat:

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pictorial update

Pictorial update

Hi Peeps,
5 weeks into flowering and the colas are packing on the weight and they're drinking like camels! Giving off a light bergamot - citrus aroma currently with even a surprising tang of pineapple, but I know this will change as they mature.

The light is officially on at the end of the tunnel.
Regards,

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They are cranking along, how long you reckon they will go?

Hi Robbie,
They should be finished in three weeks or threabouts. I don't count the days, I count the trichs :biggrin: (Well I inspect them with a microscope for colour)
When roughly 10 - 15 % of the trichs have turned an amber colour, I harvest. Sometimes this doesn't happen and all the trichs turn a milky colour. When this happens, I harvest two days later.

Regards,