What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HIP HOP HEADS, JOIN US!!!

ahh krs-one one of the grand daddies...lol

where all the international heads at?
ive heard some really sick british, french, canadian and spanish tracks that were off the hizzy
but dont know any names but i know its blowin up over there in europe
someone gimme the inside info on the euro-hiphop
peace

G

damn i bet there is some fuckin sick international hip hop. we need some over seas heads to drop some of their science on us lol.

I thinkt it would be viscious to make an indie film based around growers, their lifestyle, and the crazy things they go through.. maybe intertwine the stories of a young up and coming cash cropper on the wrong path and a seriously ill medical patient who needs help, how they find eachother and learn from eachother etc.. just a raw idea right now but it really wouldnt take much $$ to make.

hey blazed that sounds like a badass idea, we should make a collection of tracks that cater to the hobby. but for real, take your time with it but it would be tight if you made some beats, maybe we could use them to help fund the amsterdam bash if people are serious about it, and you are interested.

oh, and big L rest in peace!

you can take it from the bottom and climb with me, thats fine with me, thats how it was designed to be

Laxpunker

I think I already mentioned The Streets, they're British. Not all of his shit is about drugs, but he has a couple good ones that deal with our favorite plant and mushies.

soreal

ill post a few of my favs, i listen to alot of genres mostly reggae and TOOL but i like good hip hop and beats.

mostly listen to:

wu tang
outkast
goodie mob
beat junkies
mos def
older BIG stuff
killaarmy
cappadona
black knights

Last edited:
G

I listen mostly to underground hip hop...

Right now I'm really into alot..

7L & Esoteric
Aesop Rock
Apathy
Josh Martinez
A lot of the Anticon artists
Atmosphere
Binary Star
Buck 65
Eyedea & Abilities
Jedi Mind Tricks
Living Legends
Louis Logic
Non Phixion
People Under The Stairs
Sage Francis
MF Doom and his various personas

I was just thinking the other day about the old Underground Hip Hop Heads thread on OG. :D

BabyHughie

Zamboni Driver said:
what up everyone?
i been listenin to hip hop for prolly too long...lol

some of my faves these days be immortal technique (of course)
jedi mind
cunninlynguists
mf doom
prefuse 73
aesop rock
i like a lot of beats from krush too hes the shit

and i cant even bear goin to an atmosphere show these days
its gonna be 20$+ and mad teeny boppa's are gonna be there

peace to the true heads

Man I hear that. I haven't been to a Sluggo show in prolly 3 years but that mother fucker can rock the mic. I respect Slug, because if the crowd is live, he will stay on the stage until someone drags his ass off! Now that is what its all about!!!

I was at a Sage show a week ago, crowd was mad live, BEGGING him for one more song, he says peace and is out with the quickness. I lost some respect for Sage that night. He did put on one hellova show though. :joint:

Laxpunker said:
I think I already mentioned The Streets, they're British. Not all of his shit is about drugs, but he has a couple good ones that deal with our favorite plant and mushies.

Loved their first cd...2nd one is a completely diff style and it dissapointed.

Mannn!!! am i the oldest head here or my rap and hip hop goes 10-15 years past all yall??
lets talk about grand master flash and the furious five, parlimont,whoodini, breastie boyzs, 3rd bass, mc lyte, milkie, domino, mac mall, then you get into too short, public enemy krs1, digital underground, phar syde gang starr, eric b and rakim, ll cool j, oh and i know yall was pumpin that kool moe d!!! huh??? like i said thats just the ones i remember off top. any body go back further? :joint:

G

I just realized nobody mentioned Cage. or at least I didnt see anyone mention him. movies for the blind is a good cd imo, i hear his new CD is good but i havent tried it yet.

just checked out some living legends and killarmy based off recommendations from this thread and so far i like em both. can anyone recommend some more bay area stuff?

oh yea, and whats goin on with LAs hip hop, i havent heard anything new out of LA for a long time really, besides 'aftermath'. ive got to imagine theres plenty of good underground that just doesnt really leave the city, any suggestions?

Artie Lange

oh wait... one more thing...

B00000%5C2WU9.jpg

B00000%5CK0T8.jpg

BabyHughie

Artie Lange said:
great song- ganstarr ft. nice and smooth DWYCK

has a feel of what hip hop should be.

'Don't ever ever think of jerkin me
I work to hard for my royalty
Put lead in ya ass and drink a cup of tea
Peace to Red Alert and Kid Capri
Ooohh la la ah oui oui, I say Muhammad Ali, ya say Cassius Clay
I say butter you say Parkay
It's alright if ya wanna make a sway
I'm a way up town, took duece to the tre
I originate, they duplicate
I praise the lord and keep the faith
It's alright keep bitin at da bait
'92, uh!!, one year later
Peace out Premier take me out wit da fader'

:joint:

Oh and how bout some of this

B000000OUJ.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B000002HFU.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

c3d5b2c008a0fa00f4471010._AA170_.L.jpg

you know :D

Artie Lange

dont think you could come to my neighborhood
meaning my mental state , still im 5 foot 8
crazy like i ought to be,still i keep it orderly
u could say im sorta the boss so get lost...

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is
i get more props and stunts than bruce willis

GangStarr.gif

Last edited:

BabyHughie

Hey Lorax if your talkin about that 'Hells Winter' from Cage, yeah its a good CD. A couple tracks that made me just shake my head, but for the most part a good CD. He's got El-P on most of the tracks but RJD2 Shadow and Blockhead drop a track or two too.

You know Cage though, he's a twisted fuck!