What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grinders: SantaCruz Shredder, cromium crusher, cali crusher, & black tie

mufinman

Well Wheeze, you had me looking at GG Grinders, impressive. I do not get into catching keif or storing ground weed and have never owned a 4 piece grinder but that led me to seeing Phoenician Engineering's grinder made in Phoenix, AZ. Found on Amazon is a 3.5" 2 piece model that caught my eye. a little bigger than my 2 piece mendo mulcher. seems it might be easier to hold onto for the initial 'twist' to get it started when grinding a full load. will be a Christmas present from my girl. and thanks to you too couchlock. good thread.

so I (actually my wife for xmas) bought the Phoenician 2 piece. Outside diameter 3.25 inches, 1 inch total depth, it has 12 oval shaped teeth. Put a bud in and it isn't the easiest to rotate. Fewer teeth in a much bigger (than the mendo mulcher) case makes for some tough turning. the mendo mulcher is 1.75 inches in diameter and has 15 diamond shaped teeth. ground bud from the Phoenician produces much larger grindings then the MM.

I find myself using the smaller mendo mulcher.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
my waterproof storage container on mine has kept my weed dry more than once ...yeehaw,,and it don't let smell out either...got to have fishing weed

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I picked up a Phoenician 4 piece grinder at the Cup in Denver last year. It's held up to a year of grinding Sour Bubble nugs.

If kush is your cologne then how bout the Phoenician? LOL $1500 24k gold plated with paper holder and ashtray on top. Not a single thread lol I see organic farmer knows what I'm talking about. Seriously there is a new grinder with a side door on it I saw in a cannabis cup video that people were going nuts over anyone know what it is?

Attachments

• ELITE-SERIES-Large-4pc-Grinder-24-Karat-Gold-Plated-with-Papers-Holder_jpg.png
    ELITE-SERIES-Large-4pc-Grinder-24-Karat-Gold-Plated-with-Papers-Holder_jpg.png
    133.8 KB · Views: 39

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This thread made me get out my old Space Case. I gave it a thorough cleaning and it functioned like new. I've had it for at least 10 years. I'd like to know how much this grinder's been through!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CoCoSativas

I had a cromium crusher, byt this last batch of Dr. Who, has been literally knocking teeth out of it. Lol. So im looking at the santa cruz shredder, its unique square teeth have me intrigued. Seems this grinder (scc) fluffs the herbs up as opposed to mashing and smashing?

Any insight on it or the others i mentioned? I need a new one asap.

Experience reviews welcome. What should i look for when shopping, so i dont end up with a bootleg knockoff (pretyy sure my cromium was boitleg/knockoff)

Thanks couch

I love my shredder i have a green one

Sorry its in my wifes car atm, so those is what i got.

Get a shredder cant go wrong i roll alot of joints the fluffy dope burns so well. Good anyway you hit it

CoCoSativas

If kush is your cologne then how bout the Phoenician? LOL $1500 24k gold plated with paper holder and ashtray on top. Not a single thread lol I see organic farmer knows what I'm talking about. Seriously there is a new grinder with a side door on it I saw in a cannabis cup video that people were going nuts over anyone know what it is?

Thats out of it

i have a Santa Cruz Shredder, Space Case, and a no name from the store.

i only use the Santa Cruz anymore and was thinking of getting a larger one.

The space case is a very fine grind, where i find the SCS seems more fluffy....i used to vape a lot from my Vapor Bros. so i liked the looser fluffy more for the better airflow....fine grind would clog the screen in the whip /bowl.

if i were to buy another grinder i would get another Santa Cruz

S

sourpuss

Love my santa cruz. Will buy the bigger one next time. No kief compartment. Just 2 piece for me....

X

Xray Kimono

I like my spacecase but I LOVE my XL Sharpstone w the clear top and handcrank.... Perfect everytime and has kief catcher and is way easier on arthritic hands to be able to push on a crank instead of twisting a whole grinder.... Also perfect hole size and fluffiness for doobs.

shithawk420

Veteran
I've got the original sharpstone 4 piece medium.had it for years but never thought a tooth would break.I thought people were bullshitting about that.only one tooth broke and still works fine but for future reference don't try to grind as much as you can only what you need.

Galaxy420

SCS two piece here for years. i use it to load the vape and like a good course grind to increase surface area , the more the little broken up pieces the more surface area for heat to move over....

oldsilvertip55

A friend was gifted a new grinder the other day has three chambers has leaf logo on top lid only drawback is really fine threads @catch chamber also came with small scraper for hash compartment.

Latest posts

Latest posts