What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TD-100 Fan/Filter question

sergiana

Ok so the room I am working with is 10x10x9 and the suggested max for the TD-100 was like 8x8 I believe.

I was curious as to whether I can use a 4x12 inch 200cfm rated filter on the TD-100 running it at the max speed of 101cfm.

I would be leaving it on for 12+ hours per day so I imagine it would get the job done over that time period and would be relatively quiet.

The other filter I was checking out was the can 9000 for a bit of extra money ($66) vs ($42) for the one above. It is rated to 118 cfm for recirculation which is obviously more of a fit in terms of the low cfms I want for less noise.

So I guess I just need to know which filter would do the job better with this fan?

sergiana

Ahh heck I said fark it and went with the TD-125 and the 210cfm rated filter as I know for sure it will cover my needs in the space I got ( dust,cat hair, unpleasant smells.)

qupee

That's an awfully small fan for your space, so is the filter. Your room is 10x10x9, which is 900 cubic feet. That means at best you'll only exhaust all the air in your room once per 6 minutes, and more realistically once per maybe 10 minutes.

Recommendations range from once every few minutes to a few times every minute. A TD-125 is more appropriate for a 3x3 or maybe 4x4 tent with only 400w in it.

For a 10x10 I wouldn't consider anything less than 400cfm and even that would be skimping, and I'd be using a much larger filter too, more like an 8x24