What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trying to find a friend a good attorney

Sir_Syzurp

I have a good friend who was raided in Vegas he doesn't have his card, but has a recommendation. His house was raided and he was caught with 4 mature plants and something around 30 seedlings/clones and around 2 oz dried material some in jars, some bagged and labeled in amounts under an 8th. I am wondering if anyone knows any good attorneys in the Las Vegas area who have successfully won court cases involving search and seizures.

Bobbles

Please keep us updated with what happens to this case! As someone who lives in NV, I am really interested in the outcome.

In my opinion he is fucked, here is why:
-This isnt cali
-He didnt have his card
-He was over the plant limit by a lot
-He had bags ready for sale

If convicted their is mandatory min. sentencing in this state of 1 year in prison. If he has any priors that mandatory min. sentencing goes up to 3 years I think.

*Out of curiosity, how did they catch him? How much wattage was he using? *

Last edited:
S

SeaMaiden

Sorry, the only MMJ-specific lawyers I know are part of the Pier 5 group (Tony Serra, et alia). However, I personally would be looking to a decent criminal attorney after the PD has done discovery, otherwise your friend is going to be shitting money from the get-go. I advise finding someone local, who's familiar with the local courts, jurists and they are familiar with him/her.

Sir_Syzurp

He wasn't caught off any of the typical red flags other than a rat. Couldn't smell it, couldn't see it, no traffic other than his wife and him in and out of the house, only 1 1000 watt dual spectrum bulb and 1 6 bulb t5 for the little guys, his mistake was letting anyone around it other than him. Thought he could trust someone who was living with his family at the time and they screwed him because he had to give them the boot after footing their bill for 4 months, 3 weeks after he kicked them out he gets raided. 4 Swat trucks LOADED to the brim, 12 undercover officers, 2 DEA, 2 k9 officers and 2 dogs, 4 NARC cops and 4 marked cruisers.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
The Best Lawyers are Local Lawyers. That Know the Judges, and D.A. and stuff, for good communication. Believe me, sometimes, you higher some hot shot out of town unless he has a awesome track record. or if he can afford a TEAM of attorneys.
But look for any local Layers who may have done Marijuana cases who have won, that are local and respected. Start with D.U.I. Lawyers. they can reffer you and explain what you want just how i said it.

And it sounds like Hydro sun may have some good info. For sure keep us updated.

i won a case in cali, and got my medication back. So i know your friend can win. but i do not know Vegas medical Marijuana Laws.

I

izzywozzywizzy

You are in luck. Not the first rodeo in Vegas, and we have friends. I'll PM you :D

Good one we need contacts everywhere.Jesus all them pigs just for enough smoke for himself,maybe if your mexi cartel with guns coke and heroin .weed is a victimless crime ,truth is were not free,support for your buddy,peace.

Sir_Syzurp

I want to thank everyone for their support and help. He has talked with 4 attorneys so far and has appointments with 3 more. I want to thank Hydrosun for the referral my buddy has an appointment with your recommendation next week. I forgot to throw in the worst part about the whole case is my buddys wife caught the same exact charges and she had nothing to do with any part of him growing what so ever, she doesn't even take the occasional toke or do anything that can cause a head change.

cannacoob

I forgot to throw in the worst part about the whole case is my buddys wife caught the same exact charges and she had nothing to do with any part of him growing what so ever, she doesn't even take the occasional toke or do anything that can cause a head change.

That really sucks they're trying to stick his wife with the same charges. I hope they both beat this and everything works out ok. Shame about the rat too--that person needs to eat shit & die.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good one we need contacts everywhere.Jesus all them pigs just for enough smoke for himself,maybe if your mexi cartel with guns coke and heroin .weed is a victimless crime ,truth is were not free,support for your buddy,peace.

the reason vegas pigs are pressing charges is because he didnt have enough for them to steal. if he had more they would have just robbed him and pressed no charges....unless he was black then they would have shot him in the head and claimed his x-box controller was an assault rifle.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
reason metro has swat come apon us growers is because regular metro cops arent disaplined enough. hell they killed a blk dude who was suposed to be slinging sacs from his apartment. and duder had notta nothing {hence hashzepplins remark lol}

to the original poster even a decent lawyer should be abel to get him 1 yr probation if he has no priors. now you say he has a recomendation but not the actual card what he didnt finish paying his dues to all concerned for the MMJ program. unsure how that works out, but if he had payd all the dues and is fully enrolled medical nessesity would be his defense at state level. maybe a decent lawyer can still attain a med defense

Latest posts

Latest posts