What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fleximix T-50 New Propagation media from hydrogarden....

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Hi there guys n girls..... I went and got some of this stuff today, It puts me in mind of those rapid rooter thingies u american gus use...they are a plug, made from a mixture of coir,peat and other things, theyre great, they come in a tray of 50 with a res too, and already to use...pre-moistened perect amount! I will be taking a fw cuts with it tonight and trying it out...i will post pics then!

Sounds good Harry , i love rapid rooters , glad to see that they make a simular product across the pond , good luck on trying them & get back to us good OR bad .

Grow On

O H

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Just uploading a couple of quick pics of em now b4 I go. the great thing is...Ive got the tray n that now, but the plugs cost 15 pence each....thats nice price, 10 clones for 1.50.

OK, these are the pics i just snapped....

50 plugs in a tray, with a res underneath.

Thats what they looklike. They feel like sponge! As I say, they are ready to stick ur cut str8 in there!

The reason I posted in this forum is they are organic, they also get sold under the name "Go Grow"

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Ok then, i got a couple of pics of them in use...

Ok then, i got a couple of pics of them in use...

............... but 1st, :joint: Im gonna tell u about the stuff itself! It's made by Hydrogarden, ....ill type out their write up from maximum yield and other industry publications...... "A unique organic media range that retains its shape and it roots super fast!!
The fleximix range is soft,flexible and light in weight. It amazingly keeps its structure while transplanting, therefore reducing plant stress, and does not crumble. The range is available in plugs, cubes, trays and a loose media. Its varied uses include: propagation, NFT,drip feed and flood and drainpurposes. Fleximix is versatile and can be used for proagation of seeds and vegetative cuttings.
The range is formulated using the same technology as NASA to grow plants. It contains a biodegradable polymer which is a binding agent giving the medium its spongy properties. Its sponge like texture allows greater absorbtion of nutrients and retains the right ratio of air and water, resulting in faster root growth! Fleximix does not compete with the plant for water like other mediums. It helps to stabilise the PH level of the media throughout the growth cycle.
This product's unique composition allows it to re-wet easily, and it has a low compaction ensuring the plant and roots are protected at all times. The Fleximix range has a Cation Exchange Capacity (CEC), serving as a buffer and reservoir for plant nutrients, therefore improving plant vigour.
Fleximix is made from 90% organic ingredients comprising of Coco coir, Peat and Bark element, which ensures it is environmentally friendly. The Fleximix range can be used individually or with other mediums. This is a must have product to stock! Ask for it by name at your local Hydroponics retailer.

there......so now u know what it is. I got a tray of the plugs, what i got today is called the Go-grow T50, which means there are 50 plugs, they come in a cell tray, and that comes in another tray which acts as a res, I guess u water the tray. i aint using em all at once obviously, so i am E-mailing hydrogarden to ask them about storing them. whether they will be OK or go moldy( they come moist remember and ready to use!) and if so, what to do with them when I want to re-wet them for use.
They were very easy to use for the cuttings, just took the cuts as normal, little clonex( I am using less tha before, I had to get some more after my speech the other week, lol anyway, I am being careful as i trhink I was using too much before and it was suffocating some cuts!) anyway, i just took the cuts, dipped em in the clonex, got the excess off, and stuck em straight in there. The hole is about 1/3 of the way in, but the stuffgives a little too when u put the cut in there and inside kind of grips the stem!

So, here come the 2 pictures. I took 7 clones for this test run.... 5 from superfruit 2, and 2 from my Mango mother which i know root well,

there we go....Superfruit 2 cutting in a fleximix plug....very small cuttings as you can see. The growshop bloke reckons 2 inch cuttings is bollocks and the wont root, well i know they doo, and we have seen what a clone very similar looking to this can do in one of SQ's setups, :wink:

And there we have them in my small heated propagator(not plugged in tho!) about to have the lid down. as u can guess, the 2 on the left are the mangos and the group of 5 on the right are the Superfruit 2.
well, thats it for now....I will prolly updte every 2 days or so, just to see if they still live or not, lol! I have a really good feeling about these things though, as they remiond me of those rapid rooters I see u guys over the pond have such good results from. If these are good, I will think about giving some more of the range a try, I want some cube type things to use for the siplicity of it, but dont like rockwool.
so, anyway peeps, until next time, cya l8er, and if any1 else has experience with thias stuff, please chime up, I eould love to hear about it.

Tex, if you think this is out of place here, please feel free to shift it to growers forums m8....I though it was orgnic, but now I read it it says 90%....I suppose its the binding polymer that is the 10percent.

hey harry ,
i'm surprised their 90% organics , the real deal "rapid rooter" brand is 100% organic , i wonder what is slighty different in their make up because i would have thought they would be the same , i noticed yours are square shaped, here their round ...strange , as for storage , i double z-lock bag my extra ones and have kept some for close to a year & they never dried out or molded
so they seem to store well.

how about taking a shot of the listed ingredients on the package and i'll do the same , i'd like to see whats different about them and the ones we get here , also here they sell replacement packs of 50 without the tray , do they do that by you ?

i'll check back later and see whats up & post that pic

Peace

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
There isnt a label at all, It comes like that, with the plugs in the cell tray and the cell tray in another tray,m all wrapped in cellophane and shrink wrapped! No labels at all, I was wondering when I got it iof there would be a leaflet or something, but as is oft the cae.....No. lol. as I say, I bet its the Polymer that binds it together which makes it not really organic.....
so, those rapid rooters, they come pre-moistened too huh....cool, theyre a great idea, now if only they did self caring plants we;d be set, hahaha

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
oops, I forgot....sorry mate u asked about replacement packs.....u buy em individually in fact...15pence each, which is cool, although I imagine u can buy a bag. i have bveen looking arounbd, and they do a couple of things...no cubes exactly..but they do a 3 inch "Flexipot" which is to this thing, what a 3 inch rockwool cube is to a starter cube. u hget me. they have a hole to fit this. and you can get it in bags.

G'day Harry ,
i was looking around at the generalhydroponics web site :

http://www.genhydro.com/genhydro_US/rapidrooter2.html

and while they say natural & organic , they dont say 100% organic !
that's strange because i had a older bag of the replacement plugs that did ,
i bet they made them change that claim , it's really no biggie , i dont ever plan i having my grow OMRI certified... LOL... but it is still something i'll be sending them a E-mail over just to see what they have to say about it.

i was going to post some shots of the bags the replacement plugs come in but if you check that link theirs really no reason to as they have a readable discription there to checkout.

i'll be getting back to you & this thread right after i hear from them on this "change" to the package labeling , it has me wondering now.

thanks for showing what your able to get across the pond Harry , if i hadn't seen this thread i would not have noticed that generalhydro changed their claim , funny too because i've been using these for 4 years now ... makes me curious as to when they made the change and i was too stoned to notice :biglaugh:

talk to ya soon

Peace

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Well mate...my clones are still living after 24 hours....I got em in my heated prop on a timer(1 hour on, 1 hour off) at home with me(not the grow house) so I can care for them correctly...
as I said before...I have a really good feeling about these things...and when Ive used em up...the price of replacements is reall good, and the fact that you can buy them individually...so if My donor plant has 7 clones sites...I can buy exactly 7...great that its. Try doing that with jiffy pellets or rockwool and theyll laugh in ur face, lol.

so, what sort of rooting time can I expect with these things then do u reckon? just a guesstimate. Hoping these r gonna turn out as well as I feel they will, they will be soo easy to transplant str8 into the Coco-Tec cubes or the larger fleximix product for the plug to go into...the 3 inch Flexipot, which is round! these would be easy inturn to plant in the aquafarms after growing up to a decent root system...and for planting into LECA on the E&F table.
I wish I had these the other week when I took the clones for that E&F...they would prolly be rooted now, lol.

Hey Harry,
i see roots from mine in 7 - 10 days and i dont use anything but rootech cloning gel and i place the rapidrooters in small plastic tubs with hydroton and just add alittle water everyday & mist them 2 - 3 times for the first 2 days,and i have 99.9% success rate that way. it's really hard to mess up using these plugs as they have the perfect enviroment for rooting.

Grow on bro

O H

G

i use similiar harry

i find they tend to need rewetting after 3-4 days ,it says on the pack to use tepid water but i use a dose of rhizotonic and they show root about 1-2 days later ,all in all a very good product .i had 100%success with c99 in them in 6-8 days all 24 rooted.which in my eyes is good going

anyway good luck with em

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Thats fecking good to hear Hazey mate...How would you advise wetting them mate, I was gonna dip em?? I got some Rhizotonic and have been sparaying the inside of the lid, then wiping it out the day after and spraying again....I must say, they havent wilted in the slightest in these things, fingers crossed that they are as fas6t for me too eh.
So...who wants a full tray of Rockwool cubes, free lol

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
well boys n girls, the 1st have rooted....the very 1st one was showing outta the cube on day 10...and another 2 have since,

that was the 1st one to root

the 2nd, ...i think mostin there are actually rooted, just not showing outta the cube yet!
aslo, the shop i bought these from says the best way to use them is with 1 cm of water, in the tray.
so far, im impressed, nice and easy, and very fast....a have lost a few, but I think that was down to me not being too picky about which shoots to use!
i am going to put a mango in a bubbler i think to make a good mother!
Anyway, ill keep updating now as more show....im gonna use a tray of Perlite and vermiculite to develop the root sytems before transplanting!
Hazey mate, where did you get those particular ones from, as I wanna try differnt ones and see how different they may be?
so, yippeeee, i got suoerfruit 2 clones, yeeee-haaaaw! cant wait to flower 1!!!

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Congrtas Harry those do in fact look like Rapid Rooters and it's very obvious they WORK! Rockwool to me is a chemical I can do without. Glad to see you got some of those down your way. Good Luck. Oh and with my rapid rooters I dunk them when they are young and in the cups and then move to the 5inch pots to go on the ebb and flow table. It is very hard to mess up with these things tho Harry. That design looks like a float and grow system that we have here in the states. I tried it in my latest thread (if you want to see pics) but did not have much luck with the Float and Grow system but do love the rooters.

Mr.Wags

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Well, Most are rooted now, Ill be trabsferring the superfruit ones to soil, and the ,mangos,... I think i will get some trays, put the clones in pots of perlite and vermiculite and some LECA, with a layer of LECA in the bottom of the tray perhaps, and use grow fert and some oxy plus and just water the tray until they are a bit bigger and ready to go on the table! I am excited about finaly having some clones to put on there, as I got the system ages ago,lol!