What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I need a new cob LED grow light. Mine is getting old and one of the 4 corner light p

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I need a new cob LED grow light. Mine is getting old and one of the 4 corner light panels as has died. Mine is a 230 watt cob led grow lamp.
I wanted to order from Amazon but I don't know which one to get. There are so many choice. The most I'm willing to spend is a few $100.

The lamp i have now is 9 years old.

The grow space size is 4ft tall x 3ft wide x 9 ft long.

I've got a plant 2 wweks into flowering cycle. And I need to get the light ASAP.

You in put needed.
Thanks.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
9 years ago is about when leds past cfl's. Philips made a 60w household lamp on 2009 and a 75w in 2010. 2011 is when the led really get going. To replace it we need to know what it is. Your space is huge so there is no way of knowing what you are doing

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
It's 230 watt led cob lamp that ia a no name brand i got off of ebay.
It has served me well over these years.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Is this a good deal?
Check this out: VIPARSPECTRA UL Certified 300W LED Grow Light, with Daisy Ch... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B4GQ6MO/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_imm_t1_fv1QFbPVBJ2K2

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Check this out: MARS HYDRO TS 600W LED Grow Light 2x2ft Coverage Sunlike Ful... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VL8FZS1/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_imm_t1_qV1QFb4VDNFDY
Is this too powerfull for my grow space dimensions?
The grow space size is 4ft tall x 3ft wide x 9 ft long.

It is not 600W, buddy. TS600 is just the name. Pls check the specification on amazon before you make any purchase there.

For your 3x9 ft grow area, 1xTS600 is not enough. You will need at least 4pcs to cover that area well. If you only use a small part, that's okay. I would like to suggest you to go with 3xTS1000 anyway.

Koondense

Veteran
Nothing seems to make sense here...

First, your old led is not cob.

Second, your grow space size is strangely disproportionate and you're growing just one small plant.

Third, your budget is not defined enough to get sensible advice on what light would suit your grow.

I would say firstgive us more details about what you need and we can help you find something good enough for your money.

Cheers

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Well for starters I only have enough Room for one main in light lamp setup.

I do know that I got mine 9 years ago and it's been working fine. I also know that led lights have improved considerably since then.

Now that need a new one I have no idea what to get for the space. I don't wanna get something that's too powerful but I also don't wanna get something not powerful enough. It does have to be a full spectrum LED lamp though.

I usually have one plant in soil. And 1 smaller plant in DWC.

I just need something powerful enough to do the job well and something that's going to last many more years to come without problems.

As far as my lamp being COB or not it said it was a Cob leds when I bought it 9 years ago so I just assumed that it was.
Not knowing jack about leds just that they are more efficient and less hot.

Also my preference would be to order from Amazon. But there is a shop in town that has some full spectrum led lamps for around a 100 and something dollars. I don't know that brands that are good and the brands that are bad.

Also this is just personal smoke.

As far as Budget I can Only spend up to $160 or There about.
Lastly I have want a good brand not Chinese shit.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
It is not 600W, buddy. TS600 is just the name. Pls check the specification on amazon before you make any purchase there.

For your 3x9 ft grow area, 1xTS600 is not enough. You will need at least 4pcs to cover that area well. If you only use a small part, that's okay. I would like to suggest you to go with 3xTS1000 anyway.

In that space I only use 3' by 4' area to grow in.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Worth it?
Check this out: MARS HYDRO TS 600W LED Grow Light 2x2ft Coverage Sunlike Ful... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VL8FZS1/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_imm_t1_x4aRFbE2E76J7

Sunshineinabag

Well for starters I only have enough Room for one main in light lamp setup.

I do know that I got mine 9 years ago and it's been working fine. I also know that led lights have improved considerably since then.

Now that need a new one I have no idea what to get for the space. I don't wanna get something that's too powerful but I also don't wanna get something not powerful enough. It does have to be a full spectrum LED lamp though.

I usually have one plant in soil. And 1 smaller plant in DWC.

I just need something powerful enough to do the job well and something that's going to last many more years to come without problems.

As far as my lamp being COB or not it said it was a Cob leds when I bought it 9 years ago so I just assumed that it was.
Not knowing jack about leds just that they are more efficient and less hot.

Also my preference would be to order from Amazon. But there is a shop in town that has some full spectrum led lamps for around a 100 and something dollars. I don't know that brands that are good and the brands that are bad.

Also this is just personal smoke.

As far as Budget I can Only spend up to $160 or There about.
Lastly I have want a good brand not Chinese shit.

Build a scrw in led board outa the se bulbs ya got in your pic.....take off the plastic diffuser cap and have at it....you can replace the bulbs w feit led screw in 100w replacement bulbs 90cri btw at costco ...easy peasey