What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old School White Widow

thandee

@CannaT I see they offer orange bud and california orange as two different offerings. I'm wondering what the difference is between them
Orange bud is a skunk#1 selection (sativa dominant) and California orange is an indica dominant strain(skunk#1 crossed with an indica i think)...
I want to try orange bud because i had in the past beautiful highs from orange skunks in my youth...hope this remembers this highs!!!
Hope this helps...

need4weed

Veteran
Orange bud is a skunk#1 selection (sativa dominant) and California orange is an indica dominant strain(skunk#1 crossed with an indica i think)...
I want to try orange bud because i had in the past beautiful highs from orange skunks in my youth...hope this remembers this highs!!!
Hope this helps...
Thanks, I reached out to DP, they responded really quickly. Great customer service to be fair. They said if I'm interested in orange bud to wait a little while as they are bringing out orange bud 2.0, which is an improved version

kro-magnon

Veteran
Thanks, I reached out to DP, they responded really quickly. Great customer service to be fair. They said if I'm interested in orange bud to wait a little while as they are bringing out orange bud 2.0, which is an improved version
Did they tell you if some phenotypes have some orange smell ?
I've grown a few hybrids with the old cut Aeric77Cali O like Blood Orange from Bodhi Seeds who had an insane orange smell and taste, it was like smoking an orange juice, I wonder if there is some of this genes in the lines from DP. The different crosses with the true Aeric77 Cali O had all a very powerful high as well.

thandee

Mmm, orange bud 2 seems to be on the indica side, different from orange bud...

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Hope this helps...
I grew one pheno of their OHS and its most pleasure high I had in years. Pure bliss.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Ohs0.jpg

20230207_194408.jpg

20230215_193513.jpg

-42-140.jpg

20230222_195836.jpg

IMG_20230306_150353684_HDR~3.jpg

It smelled like artifical orange drink for kids.
Yild is XXL high is plesent but soon goes boring.
If its only smoke you have.

Stocktont

Veteran
Think I have DP WW x Fdm #1 rev I havent had anybody test...

This WW mom from the fem was extremely similar to the version I got in 2002. The C99 was a reveresed fruity one.

Hey @LostTribe some of those DP WW x FDM C99#1 reversed made their way over to my side a few years back (2021 if I remember right) along with the FDM C99#4 x FDM C99#1 reversed and the FDM C99#1 reversed (selfed). I gave a few of each to a friend that grew them out and send me buds from all the plants. My friend really liked all three seed types think his statement at the time was that they resulted in much better plants than any of the feminized seeds he had bought on his own. He didn’t want to listen to my advice on where to get seeds but after I gave him a few of yours he sure started to hehe.

For what it is worth and from memory of smoking at least 2 different plants of the WW x C99 rev they were real good. I think I asked you about those as they initially came to me labeled as something else but you said it was WW x C99 rev and it made sense to me as I have smoked a fair bit of the old WW in the 90s and early 00s and it was quite reminiscent of a good WW x C99 cross. Not exactly like the Ice Princess but it sure had some similarities.

The WW x C99 rev from you both plants were uniform to me in smell, taste and effect and my friend also said they were quite uniform growing. From memory they had a bit of a green apple thing with a back-end of furniture polish (in a good way) and they had a nice, strong effect. It’s soon two years since I smoked them hence my comment ”for what its worth from memory”.

Just thought I would add it now when reading through this thread. All the best to you!

PottHead

I have not seen anything coming close to the original WW in Mr Nice seeds since a very long time, in fact all the grows with their seeds have been disappointing for me and my friends. I think he's milking his past glory days without delivering anything of quality anymore.
Exactly. I had over 15 plants of Black Widow. 4 of them turned into male and 11 became females. All mostly sativa phenos, found 2 smelling fruity and the rest just smelled a bit earthy and hashy. Nothing really special. Good resin production but mostly fluffy buds.

I am not convinced that Shantibaba actually created this variety. I had the unpleasantness of talking to this man because their email address is managed by two people, which only created a problem and they couldn't get along on their own. I know he is also a liar, as I have experienced. The company can't even handle the order right. They sent me wrong seeds and didn't even bother to reply… but sending me an email after couple months notifying me about the transfer to a new server wasn’t a problem. I do not recommend.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
Hey @LostTribe some of those DP WW x FDM C99#1 reversed made their way over to my side a few years back (2021 if I remember right) along with the FDM C99#4 x FDM C99#1 reversed and the FDM C99#1 reversed (selfed). I gave a few of each to a friend that grew them out and send me buds from all the plants. My friend really liked all three seed types think his statement at the time was that they resulted in much better plants than any of the feminized seeds he had bought on his own. He didn’t want to listen to my advice on where to get seeds but after I gave him a few of yours he sure started to hehe.

For what it is worth and from memory of smoking at least 2 different plants of the WW x C99 rev they were real good. I think I asked you about those as they initially came to me labeled as something else but you said it was WW x C99 rev and it made sense to me as I have smoked a fair bit of the old WW in the 90s and early 00s and it was quite reminiscent of a good WW x C99 cross. Not exactly like the Ice Princess but it sure had some similarities.

The WW x C99 rev from you both plants were uniform to me in smell, taste and effect and my friend also said they were quite uniform growing. From memory they had a bit of a green apple thing with a back-end of furniture polish (in a good way) and they had a nice, strong effect. It’s soon two years since I smoked them hence my comment ”for what its worth from memory”.

Just thought I would add it now when reading through this thread. All the best to you!
I forgot. Yes the DP WW and the Holygrail Kush had to have been mixed up with I transplanted them. I will try to remember this. I still have a bunch.

Nannymouse

420giveaway
Dark shanti has posted Ingemar was given a clone to grow to supply the coffee shop with flower Ingemar supplied the flower people smoked in the GHS coffee shop that is no secret.

I did the research on the widow around the late 90s i read researched it all back then and all roads lead to shanti not Ingemar.

One of the most popular widows after the shanti /GHS line on the forums 20 years ago was the Pacific WW.

Ingemar version was not even as popular as even the blue widow let alone the GHS or pacific version.
edit: redundant post

Last edited: