What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Perpetual flow, let's blazeoneup and grow!

Tentme

I haven’t checked in for a little bit but wanted to say it’s looking great! I love your scrog setup. I’m running a 4x4 and think I’m going to go off your design.

Always very quality work coming from blaze.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Look forward to seeing more of this :tiphat:

Thanks plenty more to come from her for sure.

Nice find

I didn't find her but a good friend did. I agree!

I haven’t checked in for a little bit but wanted to say it’s looking great! I love your scrog setup. I’m running a 4x4 and think I’m going to go off your design.

Always very quality work coming from blaze.

If you need to access the plants and need them to be mobile still it's the perfect rig. I prefer to keep things accessible if possible, But for me I really enjoy filling a space fully, so it's a good way to be able to fill the box up and still be able to pull them out and access them if I need to.

Thanks for the compliment I appreciate it! :tiphat:

oKiHai

They are all looking beautiful as your grows always do! Any chance we can get your soil recipe? Is is the same as you have used in the past?

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
They are all looking beautiful as your grows always do! Any chance we can get your soil recipe? Is is the same as you have used in the past?

I will post the soil mix this evening :tiphat:

I would also like to add I don't do this but with these screens you can use a 4 way tee in the center of them, so you can add say a 8" pvc stake to the topside of the screen and easily add a second layer screen if that's your thing.

Just thought I would add that for those that might not have thought about it. :dance013:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
The soil mix is as follows!

3.8 CF Bale of Bcuzz hydro mix
1.5 cf bag of roots organic
2.0 cf bag of foxfarm happy frog
30 lbs of earth worm castings
2 cf chunky perlite
1/2 cf compost
1/2 cf vermiculite

Using the following Amendments

1 cup blood meal
1 cup bone meal
1/2 cup kelp meal
1/2 cup gypsum
1/2 cup alfalfa meal
1/4 cup azomite
1/4 cup humic acid powder
1/4 cup fulvic acid powder
1/2 cup pulverized limestone

During transplant I take 1/4 spoon full of great white shark and sprinkle it over the soil where it will contact the roots of the transplant. I break up the root balls and lay it on top of the great white and then add the top coat and pack the soil down.

Hope it helps :tiphat:

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Mmmmm there are too many good results with these myco products to be coincidental. I think it is time get on board.

Zomboy

Veteran
Great looking grow so far!

Thanks for posting your soil recipe. I still have your thread Blazeone up hits the dirt again from 2007 saved to my favorites on my desktop/laptop. Used the soil recipe from that thread for a bunch of years.

Hope you dont mind if i stick around for the rest of the show

oKiHai

Thanks Blaze!

Do you mix all that up, wet it and let it cook or use it straight away? Can you premix the batch, leave it dry and use it as needed?

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Mmmmm there are too many good results with these myco products to be coincidental. I think it is time get on board.

No harm in doing a test to see if you realize a benefit!

Great looking grow so far!

Thanks for posting your soil recipe. I still have your thread Blazeone up hits the dirt again from 2007 saved to my favorites on my desktop/laptop. Used the soil recipe from that thread for a bunch of years.

Hope you dont mind if i stick around for the rest of the show

Of course not, were all one in my world. Much love to all fellow cultivators!

Thanks Blaze!

Do you mix all that up, wet it and let it cook or use it straight away? Can you premix the batch, leave it dry and use it as needed?

I transplanted this round directly after mixing. I personally don't cook my soil, I just plant into it and let the plants come to life while helping to stimulate the soil microbiology!

starke

For sure saving your mix. Can't argue with success. I grow in Hempys but a tiny voice in my head has been whispering soil...soil...soil. Thanks.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
For sure saving your mix. Can't argue with success. I grow in Hempys but a tiny voice in my head has been whispering soil...soil...soil. Thanks.

You gotta go with what works for you man, I'm a big believer in to each their own, however your the boss so if you say so I won't disagree! The results are there, This soil method allows me to use minor supplemental feeds through veg and flower and really bring any plant to potential with only slight adjustments to feeds without ever really being to intense or heavily ammended.

Thanks Blaze!

I just realized I missed half your questions in my initial reply my apologies. I wouldn't advise leaving it dry.

The earth worm castings come moistened to keep micro organisms happy and thriving, If you want to go that route leave the earth worm castings out of the mix, and then add the castings and mix it in before use. Otherwise I'd imagine drying out the soil and leaving it wouldn't be good for the micro organisms.

nickman

Veteran
So much great info in this thread...!!!... nice soil mix as well...!!!...

How’s those csi girls doing ???

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
So much great info in this thread...!!!... nice soil mix as well...!!!...

How’s those csi girls doing ???

They are doing fairly well, I don't think the urkle and the old family purple were to fond of the last spray and grow foliar feed!

Otherwise I am on track I suppose. Today is I think day 16 12/12 and I went ahead and took some updates.

Left side of the box! The old family purple is the bottom right and the urkle top right 2 in the back are wifi or motorbreath.
picture.php

picture.php

Babu

picture.php

And the right side of the box!

picture.php

picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Really love your screen design and flexibility. Canopy is looking great. This is going to be an excellent cycle! :respect:

dank.Frank

moses wellfleet

Veteran
I’m looking for that extra boost to add frost. Your gear is next level. What did you notice from using Great white shark?

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Really love your screen design and flexibility. Canopy is looking great. This is going to be an excellent cycle! :respect:

dank.Frank

The screens are simple but effective. I appreciate the compliment and will be actively pursuing excellence.

I’m looking for that extra boost to add frost. Your gear is next level. What did you notice from using Great white shark?

My plants tend to pack the trichomes with some density! So if you seek frost you will find it.

The great white shark just aids in overall performance in my experience, I can rip apart a root ball, transplant fresh cuts and the plants never really miss a beat. The root growth and over all plant health benefit from it.

I need to get on my net game, next run I'm going to try to incorporate it in.

Can't really go wrong with the scrog or nets they help spread plants and support them which increases production and reduces stress on them when they have cola's in the late stages of flower.

Last edited:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I'm going to be doing a breeding project soon using Urkle, and Guavelato.

Guavelato has a sweet flavor not quite urkle caliber, but great high, more importantly she has pink and purple trichomes. So I am going to reverse guavelato and pollinate my selected urkle and then pop those beans and find a pure grape candy pheno with purple and pink trichomes.

I've been growing many years and I've seen pink pistils plenty of times, this is the only plant I've come across with purple and pink hues in the calyx as well as the glandular trichomes. If i can bring the vision to life with this project certainly set to be one of the rarest hybrids that ranks high in all departments.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Fitzera

Beautiful! Great work, as usual!! I do a similar soil mix and it works perfectly. I honestly think it's the simplest way to go with top notch results!