What's new

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

Not as tall as your last one, let's see if she gets as chunky as your window plant to make up for it. :good:

I just checked and this plant is 3 inches shorter than my last plant.

I think that I've got a better handle on the PH now, so this plant should probably fill in nicely.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220314_142845.jpg Views:	0 Size:	137.4 KB ID:	18098533

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220314_142845.jpg Views:	0 Size:	137.4 KB ID:	18098533

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220314_143015.jpg Views:	0 Size:	145.5 KB ID:	18098534

I noticed that she was stretching about and inch a day, then I switched to bloom nutes and pinched off a bunch of leaves and she almost completely stopped growing taller.

It may just have been a coincidence but next plant, I will wait until she has stopped stretching before I switch nutes or do any trimming.

It makes sense to me that stretching is vegetative growth and she needs the extra Nitrogen to do that.
Switching nutes may have triggered her to stop stretching, and trimming her may have stressed her in the same way?

I was in a hurry to get her switched to bloom nutes because my window plant was blooming and I wanted to make things easier by making the same solution for both plants.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Plants need more Ca and Mg, too, constantly upped from when starting the stretch and then in flower as well.

PCBuds

Plants need more Ca and Mg, too, constantly upped from when starting the stretch and then in flower as well.

OK 👍🏻

So, I'm using ¼ teaspoon of SensiCal Calmag along with the other nutes to make 2 liters of solution.

Should I double that ??

I'm using RO water now and that reduces my PPM by about 120, so I've got room for more nutes, and the lack of tap water means no Calcium or Magnesium in the water.

PCBuds

For sure do that then!

I siphoned off my reservoir,. stirred in a ¼ teaspoon of calmag,. and poured it back through at the stalk.

I like to pour it in at the stalk because then I don't soak the entire surface of my media.

I figure that it gives my bioherd protection from drowning as well as protection from poisoning from the nutes, and it has less chance of mold growing on the surface of the media.

I have had mold growing on the surface of the media with my window plant.
I stirred it under.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Since u are phing and ecing your nute I would think you would want all your roots to benefit from them. Soil should be airy enaugh so that it doesn't get too wet and mold should not grow in healthy soil. I would however still think it helps to water all the media and replentish it with fresh nutes. Maybe just try to leave a bit more time between waterings? And, since you seem to be phing daily anyway, try coco. You should see some improvements, maybe enaugh to never consider soil again indoors.

PCBuds

Since u are phing and ecing your nute I would think you would want all your roots to benefit from them.

Yes, but if I have to water my plant 3-4 times a day, when I only feed and water my 🐈 only once a day ,and feed and water myself only twice a day, then there is something wrong with my balance.

I'm simply not going to give my stupid plant more attention than my cat or myself,..

,.. Soil should be airy enaugh so that it doesn't get too wet and mold should not grow in healthy soil.

I had REAL problems with soil.
It was either way too wet, or powder dry.

I prefer coco coir.

,.. I would however still think it helps to water all the media and replentish it with fresh nutes.

I don't want the top of my "soil " to be damp.
That grows mold.

Maybe just try to leave a bit more time between waterings? And, since you seem to be phing daily anyway, try coco.

If I water and feed my 🐈 and 🪴, once a day, every day, then I won't forget to do it.

I fricken forget to water and feed myself 3 times a day !!!

I don't forget to drink though ??,..
lol

You should see some improvements, maybe enaugh to never consider soil again indoors.

I just want to forget about dirt and grow in coco coir.

I can learn to adjust, flush, and PH my fluids regularly,..
Once a day.
Not every fricken hour. lol

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Once a day could be enaugh with the size of containers you use. But I do get drinking is more important to you! At least I tried..

PCBuds

Once a day could be enaugh with the size of containers you use. But I do get drinking is more important to you! At least I tried..

It seems to be working well for me.
It takes a few days for the PH to drift up to 6.2 then I siphon out the reservoir, PH it down to around 4.5, pour it back though the plant and check it again.
I do that several times until the PH reaches 5.8 after draining through to the reservoir, then the planter is good for at least 3-4 days.

I feed and water my cat and my plant first thing in the morning after my coffee.
That way I'm sober and don't mess things up.
It's worse when I'm stoned. I'll forget what I'm doing right in the middle of doing it. I'll forget if I added the CalMag or KoolBloom just seconds after adding it.

I'm going to make a 15 liter bottle of solution today.
That will make things faster and easier.
Then maybe I can start watering more frequently. I can just keep an eye on the bobber and add water when there is room in the reservoir. As long as I water it at least once a day.

PCBuds

I made a 15 liter bottle of solution with twice the amount of CalMag and a bit more of the other nutes too.

I ended up with this,..

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220315_101213.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.8 KB ID:	18099154

It will be interesting to see how the PH changes as it sits for about a week.

It's really easy now to give her multiple waterings, so I will start doing that.

I'll check the PH every few days, and when the PH gets to 6.2 I will flush the planter and bring it down to 5.8

The plant is looking pretty good and I think she is shaping up to be a heavy weight.

Pictures with the lights off, with and without the cameras flash,..

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220315_101801.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.0 KB ID:	18099157

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220315_101801.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.0 KB ID:	18099157

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220315_101832.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.5 KB ID:	18099158

f2obsession

It's Dark Devil crossed with Sugar Black Rose Autoflower Feminized, that ReikoX made and gave me.

The closet plant is also from ReikoX.
It's from a different batch of seeds,.

"The new seeds I sent are a collaborative effort with my buddy Mr.Sparkle over at overgrow.com. They are Poisoned Rose x Cookie Devil. The Poisoned rose is a cross I made of Red Poison (Sweet Seeds) x Sugar Black Rose (Delicious Seeds). The Cookie Devil is a cross Mr.Sparkle made of Girl Scout Cookies (Fastbuds) x Dark Devil (Sweet Seeds) F2."

That's OK.
I've been lazy to roll my new camera. lol

I think you should consider to buy a raynox dcr-250 macro optic. With that camera, you would be able to make macros like thoose (i made with canon sx30 +raynox dcr-250)

mcr1.jpg
mcr2.jpg
mcr3.jpg
sMacro.jpg

PCBuds

I think you should consider to buy a raynox dcr-250 macro optic. With that camera, you would be able to make macros like thoose (i made with canon sx30 +raynox dcr-250)

How does that work?
Does it clip on to the lens of the camera, or does it replace the lense?

My lense moves out when I turn on the camera and extends out farther when I adjust the zoom.

Cool pictures by the way. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

f2obsession

There must be some photo tool webshop in your location, where you can get it cheaper. Anyway its not cheap. I changed the price how much i payed for it into canadian dollar, and I got 94,24 CAD (73,83 USD)

PCBuds

There must be some photo tool webshop in your location, where you can get it cheaper. Anyway its not cheap. I changed the price how much i payed for it into canadian dollar, and I got 94,24 CAD (73,83 USD)

I have been taking my macro photos with my phone and this attachment,..

IMG_20220315_181843.jpg

But it's 60X zoom and it's really hard to get it to focus and Really hard to hold everything still, especially if I take a picture directly from the plant.

And the focus point is about 2mm from the flower and I keep touching the flower which moves it and I get resin stuck all over the lens. Lol

My cellphone does have a macro camera, but it is only 2MP and I can't zoom in macro mode.
The main camera is 16MP.

I was checking out Amazon and found this,..

Screenshot_20220315-174419_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20220315-174314_Amazon Shopping.jpg

It's a cheaper plastic lense, but it looks like better quality than the really cheap clip on lenses.
And it is 18X zoom with more distance between the lens and the flower, which should help with focus point and shaking.

I think that I'm going to get one.
I know that it will give me another reason to procrastinate and not figure out my new camera, but this lense should be really easy for me to use.

I think that my auto focus will be less of a problem with this lense?

PCBuds

Anyway its not cheap. I changed the price how much i payed for it into canadian dollar, and I got 94,24 CAD (73,83 USD)

I only spent about $60 for the camera and all the accessories, including batteries, charger, memory card, patch cord, and the $3 tripod.

Throwing another $100 at it kinda bugs me, especially if I never end up using any of the stuff. Lol

I think that I'll be more inclined to try and figure out a $45 expenditure than a $150 one.

I'd feel bad about wasting $150, so I'd probably just try to forget all about it. Lol

f2obsession

I only spent about $60 for the camera and all the accessories, including batteries, charger, memory card, patch cord, and the $3 tripod.

Throwing another $100 at it kinda bugs me, especially if I never end up using any of the stuff. Lol

I think that I'll be more inclined to try and figure out a $45 expenditure than a $150 one.

I'd feel bad about wasting $150, so I'd probably just try to forget all about it. Lol

I try to respect your decision. One last thing. With the canon+raynox combo you can adjust focus distance by zooming on the canon. If you set half zoom, focus distance is about 25cm. On full zoom about 50cm. The pictures i showed before are made from about 20cm distance from the plant. So no more resin on the lens, and not any accidentally touched (esthetically damaged) buds. Sorry if you regret buying that camera. I wont bug you with that stuff anymore.

PCBuds

Sorry if you regret buying that camera. I wont bug you with that stuff anymore.

No, don't be sorry.
You and f-e saved me a lot of money by helping me figure out what to buy and not to buy.

That part was kinda fun!!
Just buying stuff is fun!!

I bought more Calmag over a year ago and still haven't run out of my first purchase,..

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220315-195518_Amazon Shopping.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.0 KB ID:	18099646

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220315_195228.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.7 KB ID:	18099647

It wasn't until last week that I learned that coco coir binds with Calcium, Magnesium AND Iron.

So I may have purchased the wrong stuff?

The Sensi-Cal has iron in it as well, so I may have an iron deficiency with my next plant now??

And I also bought a twin pack of Maxibloom and Maxigro about a year ago then realized after it was too late that I could have sent a request for 2 packages of Maxibloom instead of one of each.
I have lots of Maxigro. I hardly use any because babies don't eat or drink much.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220315-195518_Amazon Shopping.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.0 KB ID:	18099646

And then there was the $33 purchase of Agar that really didn't go anywhere except for a few dead seeds. Lol

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220315_195207.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.5 KB ID:	18099648

But eyesdownchronic is sending me some seeds to play with, so I can try to get something growing in the Agar and in my backyard this summer,..

"For the most part theyre just cookie type crosses. Using a peanut sweets f1 (hss f2 x dosi f4 ) male I made, and a thug pug mule fuel f2."

They are regular seeds, so I can't grow them in my closet or on my window sill because they will herm so they go outside and into the Agar.

I also bought about a dozen Buck converters, a butt load of fuses and fuse holders, a relay, a capacitor, and heat conducting thermal silicone glue, all of which I never used.
But I could some day??

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2119617.jpg Views:	2 Size:	145.8 KB ID:	18099649

And this way too cool 50 Watt 50 ohm rheostat for $17,..

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220315_204530.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.1 KB ID:	18099650

And don't forget the $69 that I spent for 3 Saltwater OG Kush seeds that all died!!

But that worked out great because ReikoX felt sorry for me and sent me a bunch of awesome seeds that always sprout and grow Big Ass plants !!!

I only grow about 4 closet and window plants a year, so now I've got enough seeds to last me for 4-5 years.

I try to respect your decision. One last thing. With the canon+raynox combo you can adjust focus distance by zooming on the canon. If you set half zoom, focus distance is about 25cm. On full zoom about 50cm. The pictures i showed before are made from about 20cm distance from the plant. So no more resin on the lens, and not any accidentally touched (esthetically damaged) buds.

Another thing that concerns me is that my camera retracts the lens when the power is shut off and maybe when the batteries run out, and if my $100 clip on lens is attached when that happens, the lens will either pop off and maybe smash on the floor, or the motor and drive gear might jam and screw up the camera?

Now That would Bug me. Lol

I don't even have to be wasted and stoned for that accident to happen. Lol

PCBuds

I'm reposting this picture because I think it may be the best picture that I've ever taken,.??
(and I'm drunk & stoned,..)

A Blue Jay sittin and shittin on my pot plant 🪴
lol

20190623-192258.jpg