What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Highest Yield Thread

Well, I'm doing research for my future cash crop and haven't really put much thought into which strain/strains I would like to grow.

I'm looking for the highest yielding plant, but quality is a must as well.

I did a search for "Highest yield" and "Yield" and nothing with any information I was looking for came up.

So I'm starting a new thread here for people to compile there results of the highest yielding strains.

Below is a rubric for how to compose your post. You don't have to follow it to the "T'' It's just here to help this thread give as much information on the strain as possible and how to maximize it's yield.

Basic information
  • Strain
  • Phenotype
  • Growing Method
  • Nutrient Regiment
  • Veg and Flower Time
  • Lighting
  • Use of CO2
  • Clone/Seed
  • Final Dried Weight
  • Anything special you did to the plant/plants
  • PICTURES!!!!!!!

I'f you'd like to add anything else please feel free. (Odor, hermaphroditic tendencies, color, and the like)

I hope you can help me make this a go-to-guide for people looking to maximize the yield.

For commercial and closer grower alike.

Thanks Everyone

-Pine

i'll be glad to help as soon as crops in 5 weeks.

Good deal. If you want you can list your strain information and the like. Then in 5 weeks you can come back and edit your original post with pictures and updated information. But this is just a suggestion.

I wanna get this thread going and make sure it doesn't die out and have to be remade.

Thanks

-Pine

therootsofwisdo

Hey Pine never grown it but critical mass seems to be up there for best yielding strain. Hopefully people will comment on if this is true. Was suppose to get cutting from a buddy but mites got them before I did.

Peace

Hey Pine never grown it but critical mass seems to be up there for best yielding strain. Hopefully people will comment on if this is true. Was suppose to get cutting from a buddy but mites got them before I did.

Peace

Sorry to hear that.

I actually searched for highest yield and critical mass came up a while back. It looks like top notch stuff, and I didn't see anything else with a higher yield. Love to get a grower with experience with this strain to comment on it and post some pics.

Thanks for the input

-Pine

2Lazy

Chronic is also a big time yielder. I've been growing Big Bud for a while now and it's not anything magnificent. I hear Super Lemon Haze can get absolutely massive outdoors, so that might be an option. I'm growing some OG18xSkunk and I'm about to pull maybe 4 ounces plus off of it sharing a 400w with 3 other plants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chronic is also a big time yielder. I've been growing Big Bud for a while now and it's not anything magnificent. I hear Super Lemon Haze can get absolutely massive outdoors, so that might be an option. I'm growing some OG18xSkunk and I'm about to pull maybe 4 ounces plus off of it sharing a 400w with 3 other plants.

Good shit lazy. Let's keep this a strictly indoor strain thread though. The majority of growers here will be looking for one as such.

That's quite a pull though. I want to grow something like that on a large scale so stay tuned to this thread and post your results when you harvest.

Thanks

-Pine

Last edited by a moderator:
White Russian

White Russian

:wave: Currently I have the White Widow and shes not known for outstanding yields so soon I'll be cracking 30 feminized White Russian from Serious Seeds.
I chose this strain due to the mostly positive feedback of many growers saying its great smoke.If you look at some of the pics on the web it has some of the most GIANT colas Ive seen. :yoinks: So for these two reasons Im pretty stoked to try it.
Simon at Serious stated that it generally is one phenotype.

I am in the same boat and am searching for that high yielder with great potentcy.

The AK47 is supposed to be high yield and strong.

I will look for this thread and post again when I finish the White Russian.Out of 30 fems I should find something juicy!:canabis:

Man thats going to be a while! :tumbleweed:

Gro on!
Herb

therootsofwisdo

What about LUI from spice of life? I know there must be people to report on this one.

Thanks Pine for starting this thread I was just searching for a high yielding top quality strain as I would like to add some new genetics to my garden. Personally I am looking for something that will produce high yields with low plant numbers. I know chronic is a massive yielder unfortunately I had to chop the one down way to early that I was growing. Everything I have read about it says that it produces just a big main cola. I saw this in the plant I was growing very little side branching didn't really bush out at all.

medman225

yeah dude legends ultimate indica!
mental floss from chimera
CRITICAL MASS OR CRITICAL HAZE from SHANTI(MR NICE SEEDS)

talktosamson

Veteran
I'm telling you right now to go get a pack of boggelgum, this stuff yields through the roof and finished 10 plus days faster than anything else in your room. Ive been growing this strain for years and it is the king shit.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have two words for you:

SWEET TOOTH

I'm telling you right now to go get a pack of boggelgum, this stuff yields through the roof and finished 10 plus days faster than anything else in your room. Ive been growing this strain for years and it is the king shit.

I'd love to see some pictures Samson.

-Pine

I WANNA TALK TO SAMPSON!!!!!

FLY ME THRU THE MOON LIKE THAT BITCH ALICE CRAMPTON!!!!

Cause it's hard bein black and gifted

SOMETIMES I JUST WANNA THROW IT ALL DOWN AND GET LIFTED!!!

:wave: Currently I have the White Widow and shes not known for outstanding yields so soon I'll be cracking 30 feminized White Russian from Serious Seeds.
I chose this strain due to the mostly positive feedback of many growers saying its great smoke.If you look at some of the pics on the web it has some of the most GIANT colas Ive seen. :yoinks: So for these two reasons Im pretty stoked to try it.
Simon at Serious stated that it generally is one phenotype.

I am in the same boat and am searching for that high yielder with great potentcy.

The AK47 is supposed to be high yield and strong.

I will look for this thread and post again when I finish the White Russian.Out of 30 fems I should find something juicy!:canabis:

Man thats going to be a while! :tumbleweed:

Gro on!
Herb

I'll be looking forward to seeing your data come harvest time. Stay tuned and keep up the good work.

-Pine

talktosamson

Veteran
http://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=124884&ppuser=5187

I lost most of my pictures somewhere along the way and I don't take new ones anymore, but here's a for example. This little bitch was grown in a bathroom cabinet under two tiny CFL's with no ventilation and very little on the nut side, I just got the grow itch again one day in college and popped a few seeds. This is at 25 days flowering(notice how far along she is for 25 days) and I think I yielded around 2 ounces of rock hard boggle after all was said and done, those tops all ended up being around 5-7 grams each. Again I know this is not the best example, but if given the proper lighting and attention this strin will do wonders I promise. Also this pheno, which was more on the BG side of the cross finished in around 48 days. I have an NL pheno that is done done in 45 days.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=124884&ppuser=5187

I lost most of my pictures somewhere along the way and I don't take new ones anymore, but here's a for example. This little bitch was grown in a bathroom cabinet under two tiny CFL's with no ventilation and very little on the nut side, I just got the grow itch again one day in college and popped a few seeds. This is at 25 days flowering(notice how far along she is for 25 days) and I think I yielded around 2 ounces of rock hard boggle after all was said and done, those tops all ended up being around 5-7 grams each. Again I know this is not the best example, but if given the proper lighting and attention this strin will do wonders I promise. Also this pheno, which was more on the BG side of the cross finished in around 48 days. I have an NL pheno that is done done in 45 days.

At first I was like, no way is that 2 ounces, then I re-read what you wrote and she was only on day 25. I can only imagine what she looked like at the end. Good shit, Sampson. So that strain is...?

Bogglegum?
Right?

BTW
That's a beautiful pit you have there. He looks like a big boy. I'm about to put a picture of mine on right now so I can get rid of w/e the fuck this thing is on my avatar lmao

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
A few years ago, I grew out a ECSD S1 seed that I was given. I didn't particularly care for the way it smoked & tasted, but as far as vigor and yield were concerned, it was a mega-monster. I've never had any strain grow with the vigor that this one did. It was crazy......:plant grow:

picture.php
[/IMG]

It grew like an out of control jungle vine on steroids. Big fat cola's with decent weight that yielded 22 oz's from one single plant......:jawdrop:

No CO2
Advanced Nutrients
1000 watt hps
aero/dwc hybrid

:smoweed:

A few years ago, I grew out a ECSD S1 seed that I was given. I didn't particularly care for the way it smoked & tasted, but as far as vigor and yield were concerned, it was a mega-monster. I've never had any strain grow with the vigor that this one did. It was crazy......:plant grow:

picture.php
[/IMG]

It grew like an out of control jungle vine on steroids. Big fat cola's with decent weight that yielded 22 oz's from one single plant......:jawdrop:

No CO2
Advanced Nutrients
1000 watt hps
aero/dwc hybrid

:smoweed:

Good god man. These are the types of yield I would like to achieve. Over a pound is exactly what I want to hear.

So happen to remember veg and flower time?

Why didn't you like the way it smoked/tasted? Any particular reason?

Would you think it hard to sell commercially? We don't want compromised quality.

Thanks for the input m8

-Pine

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
2 words..
Double Dutch
2 more words
Magus Genetics

the potency and taste is also much better than most of the high yielders if you select the right pheno

cannaddin1.jpg

Cabri

Its not just all about Yield. Unless you just want to be a commerical opp. Dont drop the soap bubba.