What's new

What's the Best Way to Transport Clones to Soil Without Rapid Rooters?

Quazi

Have a question for those of you who have used methods of cloning that don't involve rapid rooters. They are not available in my area. I have some clones that are doing quite well that I want to start in soil when they have begun rooting. I did a search in the grow forums here and was able to find mostly hydro methods for transferring clones.

I have a DIY cloner and I don't have a hydro shop in my area so things that I can but at a local hardware (Home Depot, Lowes, etc.) store are a plus (if not a must).

Also, if there are some threads that you can suggest that I couldn't find via search then please point me in the right direction.

:1help:

Thanks ahead of time for your suggestions and knowledge!

:rasta:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
do you have them bubbling? so they are just roots in water type thing?

Just put them in some loose soil, like fill apot halfway, moisten soil, put in your little girl, then fill it around stem, pretty straight forward bro.

Just make sure you tap pot a few times to settle soil and water. then your done

Anghellic

I've worried about this from time to time. Like Dr Dog said, just put her in the dirt and push it around. What i do to be even more careful with the roots is just put in in the hole, and wash all of the soil onto the roots by watering the soil, super gentle for the clones.

Quazi

Dr. Dog - thanks for the info. I thought it might be as simple, I just wanted to know if there was an important step that I would miss. Spot on with your knowledge as always :respect:

Anghellic - great idea about letting the soil rest on the clones from watering it. I'll have to give that a try. Thanks!

Any additional comments or recommendations are still appreciated.

:rasta:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
it is really no different than cutting a leaf and putting it in a glass of water by your kitchen window, the only difference is these plants mean something to you.

If you have not seen the Jorge Cervantes Grow DVD's I highly recommend them, this dude covers everything

Sam Slambam

I'd like to reiterate what others in this thread have stated, more or less, just gently transfer to soil and run with it.

What I CAN offer that works for me is this; first off I use grat3ful h3ads passive/perlite/wick/tap-water method for rooting the clones, then once the clones get a decent amount of root growth, ( not too much), I transfer to 6inch pots filled with Light Warrior that has been pre-wetted, no ferts, just ph'ed water ( 6.8 ), I just gently add the prewetted "soil" over top of the roots. I don't like the soil to be too wet so I either don't moisten the soil but so much or let it dry up a tad before transplanting, gives the new roots extra motivation to drop their roots further and further into the soil.

Like Macgyver, it "works for me"

;)

Last edited: