What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does This Bud Look Ready for Harvest Yet?

Quazi

Hello everyone!

A friend of mine has been rocking their first grow with this strain. They are unsure, but they believe it is a Kush of some variety.

It is his first grow and I don't have much experience either so I was wondering if you guys could shed some light on whether this bud is ripe for the picking yet.

It's just coming up on the end of it's 10th week in flower. Here's a pic of the bud near the top:

Here's a macro picture to get a better look:

The trichromes have gone from clear to a milky/foggy color within the past week or two.

Does this look ready or should we let it mature another week or two (or more)?

Thanks everyone!
:rasta:

Last edited:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
depends what you are looking for

Mostly AMBER- couchlock

Mostly WHITE- cerebral high.

you can go a couple weeks more if you wish, have you flushed yet?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea it depends on the high you want like Dr Dog said.. I would clip a little nug now and sample it, I like my nugs to be half n half with cloudy and amber trichromes

I harvested this one a week after taking this picture and boy was the high nice I was right in between the uplifting buzz and the couch lock buzz... Hope this helps :rasta:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea it depends on the high you want like Dr Dog said.. I would clip a little nug now and sample it, I like my nugs to be half n half with cloudy and amber trichromes

D

dankbudz

congrats on his first grow. looks 10 times better than mine did. very impressive. but its like whats stated above. what type of high do you want??

Quazi

Dr Dog said:
depends what you are looking for

Mostly AMBER- couchlock

Mostly WHITE- cerebral high.

you can go a couple weeks more if you wish, have you flushed yet?
He actually stopped giving it nuts weeks ago because he was told to start flushing about 3 or 4 weeks out. I corrected him on that, but yea, you could say it's been flushed.
Thundurkel said:

I harvested this one a week after taking this picture and boy was the high nice I was right in between the uplifting buzz and the couch lock buzz... Hope this helps :rasta:
Sweet, that looks pretty similar to what we've got going on. Sounds like it might be getting close to that time. Can't wait!
dankbudz said:
congrats on his first grow. looks 10 times better than mine did. very impressive. but its like whats stated above. what type of high do you want??
Really, any type of high would be nice at this point. I'm looking for a combination of heady and couch lock as I need something for medical to use throughout the day. But, it's not technically my grow so... *shrug*
Thundurkel said:
That's a really good idea. I don't know if we'll have the patience to wait for it to dry out for a smoke as it's getting down to days making differences in the trichrome's color. However, I'll pass it by 'em and see what he thinks.

Thanks for your help everyone! After a reveg, I'll be clonin these beauties for my cab so I'm excited that they turned out so well in such sub-prime conditions.

M

Microwido

I prefer the high of most 40 clear / 40 cloudy / 10 amber. The more uplifting high is way better if you plan on doing anything active. That being said, you will produce more bud if you let it go until 50 cloudy/50 amber.

Quazi

SMACK! POW! ZAM!

SMACK! POW! ZAM!

Thundurkel said:
Well, we snipped a bit and let it dry and holy shit the stuff packs a punch. I got the word on the strain too. They were originally Purple Kush seeds from California (apparently).

Man, it's an immediate physical high followed by a very nice smooth heady high. Very productive style as I got some more work done on my cabinet while I was there.

Harvesting on Tuesday!!

I'll letcha guys know how it turned out.

Thanks again everyone!

Dr Dog

Veteran
congrats dude on the buds
I like mine mianly 50 percent or more amber, I am a long time chronic, take a good weed to get me high anymore

Have pics of the whole plant? I would like to see it

Quazi

Sure man. I'll take some pics when we harvest. The buds are not very big but they sure are powerful. Plan on revegging and putting some in my cabinet. It'll be interesting to see what it does in there as it stretched quite a bit. I'll let the pictures talk when I get them though.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Chop that puppy down and send her to me, I'll tell you if she's ready. Note a thorough test may require smoking the entire garden but, it will guarantee an accurate report. No need to thank me. It's what friends are for. :wave:

B

Bigtimer7

THat looks like a really nice nug for your 1st time! Mad props! +++

Quazi

Although I assisted with it, it was not entirely my grow so I can't take all the credit. But thanks!

Dr Dog

Veteran
Looks nice, you see that foxtailing at the top( the part that is a bit sticking up) that is indicative of heat in its growing area. The plant is stretching out to cool itself, instead of having a compact bud structure. Of course this can also be caused by Nitrogen during flowering, but it is mainly from heat, probably high 80's I would guess.

I dont do much growing in the summer, I will veg, but I dont start flowering till fall, heat is much easier to manage when it is not 90 degrees all day outside

Quazi

elevate said:
let it go another week. or two.
It's already been harvested. That original picture was a few days before harvest.

Thanks though!

Dr Dog said:
Looks nice, you see that foxtailing at the top( the part that is a bit sticking up) that is indicative of heat in its growing area. The plant is stretching out to cool itself, instead of having a compact bud structure. Of course this can also be caused by Nitrogen during flowering, but it is mainly from heat, probably high 80's I would guess.

I dont do much growing in the summer, I will veg, but I dont start flowering till fall, heat is much easier to manage when it is not 90 degrees all day outside

Thanks for the info Doc.

Much appreciated.

I live in an area where it's only above 90 degrees outside for maybe a couple weeks out of the year. This was in a pretty cool basement in that climate so I'm not sure it was temperature. However, I will definitely check into the Nitrogen thing.

:respect:

Last edited: