What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

sm90 and hydroguard

I

idoreallytry

i called the number on the jug talked to them when they were closed on a saturday guy told me he has had it tested against something like biocat topcat somekind of bennies and no adverse reaction he says it can be used with anything, he said he had so many calls he had to finally test it on the bennies, lol persistent potheads are... right on dongle good info...peace

Last edited:
U

ureapwhatusow

nutrilife the company that makes sm-90 makes a product called bio-cat

in fact they have many really good looking products, if they are as good as sm-90 maybe they are worth checking out

www.nutrilifeproducts.com

Bio-Cat

Bio-Cat has been scientifically formulated to provide all the essential ingredients and live cultures to support the rapid growth of over 47 different beneficial micro-biological organisms.

G

This misinformation by the companies are really making it hard to decide! You think you know, then you hear different. Its crazy!

The only thing that worries me is where the information is coming from. Not saying dongle is wrong, but last time I talked with the tobacco companies they said their product was harmless too.....

I don't know either way, but for me its easier to err on the side of caution. I would be happy to see the tests, how they were done, and what they are testing.

I am not a super smart scientist, just like to grow some magic beans. Simple

D

dongle69

Is it really necessary to try to compare Nutrilife to the tobacco companies?
Why make things so complicated?
They are a good company with good products, no reason for lies and deceit.
Get over it already.

G

Until I know a person, all I can assume is that if one is running a business. That entity's sole purpose is to make profit. I hope and wish that businesses run fair and honest.

Fact here is that there is a misunderstanding with regard to one of their products. The merit of this is not known. All I am saying is show the results of the tests, what they tested for ect.

We tested tobacco and found there was merit to the claims it was bad for you. I hope the tests for sm-90 show that the merit to their misunderstanding was not warranted. Just show me why. When money is involved, especially at over 60 bucks a gallon! It's a hard gulp for me to swallow, taking the second hand info from jimmy the phone dude at Nutrilife, who says "ya we ran testes on it, its good to go"

No offense

I'm not opposed to either result. I don't and will not plan to add this product, but to clear the misunderstanding up would be done by a "good company". You make it seem as if I was slamming the company, not at all. It would be simple for them to do, perhaps its never even been suggested or they would. I don't know.

D

dongle69

I don't know who Jimmy the phone dude is, but if you call them they let you talk to to head dude who will tell you exactly what is up.
You probably still won't believe it, though.
The only misinformation came from stoners at hydro shops who didn't know any better and never did investigate.
The company has always been straight up.
I did investigate, and it was cleared up in minutes.
I have used it with beneficials and without, never with a negative impact.
Sm-90 should be about $50 a gallon at a decent hydro shop, not over $60.
At 3ml/gal, quite fair for all that it does.
Not quite a miracle tonic, but close.

G

The misconception is from the product descriptions at many retail outlets. If what is said makes sense, I will believe it. I just prefer an explanation, that is all. If a product of mine had a misconception about it, and I had retailers selling my product with a false product description then it would make sure the consumer had verifiable evidence. Not leave it up to them to call and ask about it.

I think you are taking my words out of context. Perhaps I ask of too much.

Like I said from get go. I don't know the merit and won't assume. I just won't take a passive answer. When you talked with them, what did they tell you? Can you elaborate?

D

dongle69

It takes out anaerobic bacteria and fungus, leaving the aerobic to thrive.
The problem seems to stem from people not knowing the difference between aerobic and anaerobic.

G

Thanks, all I was asking for was a reason. Thats a great one. Maybe I missed it stated elsewhere. My mistake.

~edit- now I have something to go on.

Last edited:

cemchris

Hygrozyme has no live bacteria so it wont be a problem. As far as sm90 killing bugs in the root zone well i can say first hand thats a load of crap. A product like Go Gnats is what you want for killing bugs in the root zone. All natural also. I run 3ml of sm90 religiously in the rez's and to tell you the truth I like the way it smells. Never have had any root problems besides bugs so hygrozyme and sm90 must be doing their job. I ran it in soil also any other soil guys/gals run it?

Last edited:
I've got sm 90, different sources of bennies, and hopefully a microscope at school.

Just maybe I'll make up some bacterial juice with controls and see what sm 90 does to them.

I'm crazy busy, so maybe it can be a race and another student can try to beat me to it. I mean, this is a legal experiment. And rather easy, to boot.

Tap water should be used on one too, so see if anything lives.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Why waste the time with the experiment, we know what the results will be. Since it kills bad bacteria why would good bacteria survive? Same difference

L

longwaters

good bacteria are aerobic. bad bacteria are anaerobic. sm90 works by killing the anaerobic leaving the good aerobic bacteria unharmed.

RipVanWeed

I used SM90 as a foliar, used a light dose and whipped it together with neem oil. I had seen a couple of mites and some PM (failed to quarentine dispensery clones)

Seemed to work good, leaves looked shiny afterward so I watched real close for problems.

Last night I used SM90 as a soil drench for the first time, light dose combined with Hygrozyme. Everything looks good this am.
I grow organicly, I think it's a good idea to have a safeguard against an anerobic outbreak if things stall, or you get into a bloom/bust cycle with the bene's.

I'm gonna hit all my girls with another shot of SM90/Neem today.
All of 'em without flowers, that is.

I've got this thread tageed and will be sure to post more on SM90 in my garden.

Much Respect,

mg75

OCkushKing

Straight from the horses mouth

Straight from the horses mouth

Alright, just to help clear things up, i called the 877 # on the Nutrilife website, talked to a nice lady, she too CONFIRMED that SM-90 will NOT kill beneficial bacteria or enzymes or anything aerobic in your medium or res period!!!!! she did mention not you use it with preditor mites when applied by foliar application! Boom!!! call for yourself!