What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sea Solids make plants EXPLODE in hydro!!

BillFarthing

Veteran
At 1/2 tsp./gal salinity, here is the sea solids ppms:

N (NO3-) 0.703
K 1.629
P 0.678
Mg 1.22
Ca 0.506
S 1.609
Fe 2.803
Zn 3.281
B 0.543
Cu 3.189
Mo 0.005
Na 1.154
Si 0.66
Cl 1.779
Mn 2.757

Sea-Agri adds N, P, K, Ca, Mg, and S in the hydroponics recipes on the web page. It's ok as a micronutrient source.

Sea solids CAN NOT grow plants as the sole input.

Last edited:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i did not have good results when I tried Sea 90 some 10 years ago.

I am much more educated in my hydroponic endeavors FYI, I use SEA 90, making mineral water for drinking, so, it's on hand, also I have a many year supply of nutrients to use up first

If I wasn't quite happy with finishing off my Emerald Harvest 2 part Bloom nutes (+ King Kola and Emerald Goddess), though I much prefer dry powders as I have a quality RO for cooking, drinking water, and mixing dry nutes. This saves money in shipping liquids built into their prices

I also have 4-5 years worth of Hydroponic Research V + B on hand. I like it very much, but I stopped using it for flowering long ago, plus I had 5 grows of EH Bloom on hand that I want to use up, now maybe 2 more grows left

I am also quite happy with NPK RAW. The individually premixed Veg and Bloom are supper simple to measure out and take up very little space on the shelf. To these I add NPK RAW Aminos, Enzymes, Microbes and Kelp for root development/seedlings, clones. Actually using them with the EH Bloom nutes, too.

While both veg products work well. I will be switching completely to NPK RAW BLOOM once I use up the EH: I probably have enough EH Bloom for at least one more grow

Now that aside, I would be interested in trying SEA 90 for clones, and maybe seedlings. Anybody have a EC/PPM formula?