What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sea Solids make plants EXPLODE in hydro!!

osirica420

"people have a memory"?

whats that suppose to mean?

i can't edit my post? did i do something wrong????

Imma just to weekly updates of this test between different nutes enough talking... :dueling:

Miko

Cheers! Some quick links for you guys if interested (but google more for yourself):

Effects of the Addition of Deep Seawater to a Nutrient Solution in Hydroponics on Growth, Fruit Yield and Quality of Tomatoes
HOSOKAWA TAKUYA(Kochi Prefectural Agricultural Res. Center, JPN) KOMATSU HIDEO(Kochi Prefectural Agricultural Res. Center, JPN) YOSHIDA TETSUSHI(Kochi Univ., Faculty of Agriculture, JPN) FUKUMOTO YASUFUMI(Kochi Univ., Faculty of Agriculture, JPN)

abstract
The effects of adding deep seawater to a nutrient solution in hydroponics using organic substrates on the plant growth and fruit yield and quality of tomatoes pinched above the 4th truss were investigated. Deep seawater was added to the nutrient solution at concentrations of 20%, 10%, 2%, and 0% (control). With the addition of deep seawater at 2%, plant growth was almost the same as that of the control, but was depressed at 10 and 20%. The marketable fruit yield with 2% deep seawater addition was 65% of the control, while those of 10 and 20% additions were 36 and 38%, respectively. The reduction of marketable fruit yields by the addition of deep seawater was attributed to a decrease in fruit weight and number as well as an increase in defective fruit. However, the soluble solid content and titratable acidity of the fruit increased with the addition of deep seawater. The results indicated that the tomato fruit quality might be improved with the addition of deep seawater to a nutrient solution.
http://sciencelinks.jp/j-east/article/200508/000020050805A0267765.php

Utilization of Deep Seawater for Hydroponics of Vegetables
Yelian MIAO, Shoji TACHIBANA, Masanobu MIURA

abstract
The present research was carried out to obtain necessary data for effective uses of deep seawater in hydroponics of vegetables. NaCl was removed from deep seawater by electrodialysis using a selective membrane cartridge for exchange of monovalent ions. The electrodialyzed deep seawater in an electric conductivity range of 5 to 25dS/m was then used to prepare nutrient solution for hydroponics of spinach. The yield and contents of nutritional compounds of spinach were investigated.
Experimental results showed that for the electrodialyzed deep seawater, potassium and sodium concentrations could be expressed as linear functions of electric conductivity in the range of 10 to 50dS/m. Saline obstacle to the growth of spinach was negligible if deep seawater was electrodialyzed to an electrical conductivity
below 16dS/m and then diluted with deionized water to 10 times in volume. The highest yield of spinach was obtained when deep seawater was electrodialyzed to 5dS/m. In the case that deep seawater was electrodialyzed to 10dS/m and then 11 times diluted, spinach had almost the same contents of protein, crude ash and reduced vitamin C as that related to deionized water.
http://wwwsoc.nii.ac.jp/jsam/english/journal/abstracts/65_3Abstracts.htm#ER1

Effects of NaCl stress on nitrogen and phosphorous metabolism in a true mangrove Bruguiera parviflora grown under hydroponic culture
Asish Kumar Parida, Anath Bandhu Das
National Institute for Plant Biodiversity Conservation and Research, Nayapalli, Bhubaneswar, Orissa 751015, India
Regional Plant Resource Centre, Nayapalli, Bhubaneswar, Orissa 751015, India

abstract
The influence of varying levels of salinity (0, 100, 200 and 400 mM) on the activities of nitrate reductase (NR, E.C. 1.6.6.1), acid phosphatase (ACP, E.C. 3.1.3.2), and alkaline phosphatase (ALP, EC 3.1. 3.1) as well as on nitrate and phosphate uptake and total nitrogen levels in leaves of a true mangrove Bruguiera parviflora was investigated under hydroponic culture conditions. NR activity increased in 100 mM NaCl treated plants, whereas it decreased gradually in 200 and 400 mM treated plants, relative to the controls. Decreased activity of NR by NaCl stress was also accompanied by a decrease in total nitrogen level and nitrate uptake. Decreases in NR activity, nitrate (NO3−), and total nitrogen level due to high salinity may be responsible for a decrease in growth and biomass production in this plant. However, salinity caused an increase in both ACP and ALP activity. Activity staining of ACP by native polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis revealed three isoforms: ACP-1, ACP-2, and ACP-3. We observed a preferential enhancement in the ACP-3 isoform by salinity. In order to understand whether the salinity-induced increase in phosphatase activity was due to inhibition in phosphate uptake, we monitored phosphate (Pi) levels in leaves and noted that phosphate levels decreased significantly under salinity. These results suggest that the induction of acid and ALP under salt stress may be due to a phosphorous deficiency.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...serid=10&md5=964c086c96a94e2e069ec14b197079f4

Utilization of Deep Sea Water in Hydroponics for Growing of Vegetables.
MIAO Y(Mie Univ., Fac. of Bioresour.) TACHIBANA SHOJI(Mie Univ., Fac. of Bioresour.) MIURA MASANOBU(Mie Univ., Fac. of Bioresour.)

abstract
Deep sea water was used for improving the yield and nutritional value of vegetables grown hydroponically. In the present work, removal of sodium chloride from deep sea water with an electrodialytic process and preparation of nutrient solution using the electrodialyzed deep see water were discussed. Experimental results showed that sodium chloride was removed selectively from deep see water by the electrodialytic process. The main components of nutrient solution could be controlled at approximately constant concentrations with the electrodialyzed deep sea water and deionized water. Both tomato and spinach had somewhat larger vegetative growth rates in hydroponics with the electrodialyzed deep sea water than with deionized water.
http://sciencelinks.jp/j-east/article/200215/000020021502A0446109.php

osirica420

The doctor said he got better results with the sodium added(sea-salt in pure state), he himself got rid of the sodium and did his own tests.. It seemed as though as long as the sodium was in the presence with all the other elements it had a positive rather then negative effect. He figured out that the elemental ions attached themselves to the NaCi therefore allowing better uptake...

He spent over 40 years researching this....

The sodium also something to do with the electricity/energy going through the plant..

Thanks for that post though...

Irrigation with saline water affects tomato fruit quality. While total fruit yield decreases with salinity, inner quality characterized by taste and health-promoting compounds can be improved.

At the Institute of Vegetable Science in Freising, German scientists grew hydroponic tomatoes in a solution that was 0.1% sodium chloride, about one-thirtieth the salinity of seawater. The plants produced fruits with significantly higher levels of flavorful organic acids and sugars, and as much as a third more vitamin C and beta-carotene (the precursor to vitamin A) and the antioxidant red pigment lycopene. The researchers don’t say whether the tomatoes were saltier than usual. They were smaller, so salting the growing medium may be the hydroponic equivalent of dry-farming, which restricts the availability of water to the plant and the dilution of flavor and nutrients.

http://pubs.acs.org/cgi-bin/abstract.cgi/jafcau/2006/54/i02/abs/jf051930a.html

http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com...ne-antioxidants

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/03/070319091015.htm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/03/070319091015.htm

N-P-K to plants is like protein - carbs - fats to Humans, we can get really big eating just those all the time ya but your not going to be healthy or function the way you were meant to, its the element that keep everything in balance in plants and in our bodies.....

Last edited:

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think this is very interesting.

I wouldnt want to grow with all sea salt nutes but as a plant tonic it sounds great... you should document a side by side using a balanced organic fertiliser?

I know sea salt is much maligned source of goodness for the human body and disease resistance. This and H202 is said to kill cancers/lyme disease and more...

I have given my seedlings and clones a foliar with few drops sea salt in 1 litre... plants certainly didnt have any ill effects and seemed to enjoy themselves :D

snadge

Miko said:
And we can now safely conclude that seawater decrease yields.

LOL, what annoys me is that the experiment has been conducted amateurishly.

No control, using different clones, using the molasses/feed when he feels like it and no comparison grow using the same clones.

Osirica, to do this properly you need to work more scientifically.

Use known clones of all the same strain with a known result, preferably a strain you know well, feed one group with your sea salt and the other group with the GH, give both groups exactly the same amount of light etc, grow a control specimen alongside with a known nute regime.

Then maybe you won't have people questioning your techniques

osirica420

Miko said:
And we can now safely conclude that seawater decrease yields.

As i stated this thread is not about what produces more or what is better...
Its to show people that you can grow plants in seasalt ALONE and they thrive and become SUPER healthy...

From all the online test besides the original doctors all the plants that used the correct amount of seasalt were HEALTHIER then any of the controlled, and had a more complex array of enzymes running through the plant, more resistant to heat and drought and disease... Another fact the doctor discovered is that the seasalt made the platns Mature on average 15% faster then the control.... My personal opinion is that it will also help raise the potency of the cannabis since it has more enzymes overall...

The doctor after his 40 years of testing concluded its always better to be grown in the seasalt rather then without...

Thanks for your comments SilverSurf & Snadge....

As for a "REAL" test to show everyone the "REAL" difference...

I am just going to use Advanced Nutes that way i don't gotta order anything online..
The clones are already ready, all Sour NL X Nevilles Haze..
I will post Side by Side Picture updates 1-2 times weekly... Starting TODAY!!!

This way there can be no assumption its just what we all see happening!!
I am quite curious myself as to how this is going to turn out... :joint:

Advanced Nutes vs PBPbloom/SeaSolids vs Guano/Seasolids vs Advanced Nutes/SeaSolids

Here are the clones I will go pick up advanced nutes later today..
They will get the same light(600w) and feeding level(once daily) just of the different nutes... Currently they are in a coco/mineral rock mix, they will be going into DWC buckets within 2 weeks...

Last edited:

Miko

Turn on your sence of humor, mate :) Off course it is too early to draw any conclusions let alone potency level. Don't get religious about dr. Murray's work. We're simply trying to tell you this is not any conclusive of a test and EXPLODE isn't quite the right way to put it, at least for now. Frankly, based on your experiment all we can say so far is that a mix of somewhat purified seasalts with who knows what added to it, dissolved in water and added to commercial hydroponic solution fed to some cannabis plant will still let the plants grow and bud.

osirica420

Lets just leave it to the cannabis plants to decide what they like..
We all will know the difference between these ways of feeding really soon....

Last edited:
Good job on the side by side - its a pain to feed different with different mixs so thank you for the extra work.

This will shut up the haters if it works - looking forward to the progress.

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
The thing that actually really interests me about this is, the possibilities of salt water fish farming and aquaponics... :chin:

So is this stuff basically sea water or is it sea water that has been evaporated and then refined by some manner?

G

This probably has little application to hydroponics or any other method of growing where complete nutrients are used....

I believe that this was intended largely for soil where the nutrients have been lost...

Normally there would be a number of university studies which would show how good this stuff works....

after 25 years the stories of success come largely from those with a financial incentive....

Likely pretty useless.....

However all is not lost.... there is a plant that processes sea water and extracts the goodies... its been clearly shown to work and is widely used....

seaweed extract or kelp.....

Last edited:

osirica420

Mr Celsius said:
The thing that actually really interests me about this is, the possibilities of salt water fish farming and aquaponics... :chin:

So is this stuff basically sea water or is it sea water that has been evaporated and then refined by some manner?

I am using unrefined seasalt from the deep ocean, i have the solid salt and concentrate.. its in its natural pure state..

She seems to be maturing a little too fast for here strain IMO??..
All the others are all white still, very little if not any orange hairs like this one...

Sea-Solids definitely grow some dank looking buds, looks very potent...

Last edited:

Miko

osirica420 said:
i am using a mix of sea solids -

Sea Crop - Sea-Crop.com
Sea 90 - SeaAgri.com
Thalassa Mix - http://www.shopgrowgreens.com/category.sc?categoryId=6

That's the info osirica420 provided on the first page of this discussion.
Then,

osirica420 said:
I am using unrefined seasalt from the deep ocean, i have the solid salt and concentrate.. its in its natural pure state..

Oh, come on now, let's see a little closer:

The Challenge: To extract from seawater the bioactive principles without the salt.

Proceeding from the work of Dr. Murray and guided by a test for bioactivity recommended to us by Dr. Philip Callahan we entered onto a path of research that was to culminate with the creation of the product SEA-CROP. Our first goal was to extract from seawater most of the bioactive principles while leaving behind most of the water and sodium chloride. In our opinion this would be the only way a seawater extract would become economical and have a broad-based agricultural application.

We were successful in making a bioactive seawater extract loaded with trace minerals and it performed well compared to Dr. Murray's system but instead of 1,500 lbs per acre only one to three gallons per acre of concentrate were needed.

The Result:

As a result we have been able to locate optimum sources of seawater and identify a superior method of extraction that now allows us to make an extract twice as strong as before while holding prices the same. It is our profound hope that we have helped to make possible the more wide spread use of this blessing of nature for both soil and personal health.
http://www.sea-crop.com/history.html

Let's see what's in Thalassa mix:
Pure sea water
Original Himalayan Crystal Salt™
Humus
Silica
Yarrow
Chamomile
Stinging Nettle
White Oak Bark
Dandelion
Valerian
Equisetum arvense (Meadow Horsetail)
Clay
http://www.americanbluegreen.com/html/thalassa_mix.html

And then, you got SeaAgri Sea-90, which claimed to be untreated. Their Ocean Trace thouh is a refined product with at least a part of sodium removed. http://www.aglife.net/oceantrace.html Food for thought.

Let's see now, the plants are fed with a mix of these three poducts (note we have very little info on them in any case) PLUS commercial fertilizer.

osirica420 said:

Apparenty I am truly not clever enough to comprehend osirica420's great discoveries and deep as sea research.

Miko

Sea-Solids definitely grow some dank looking buds, looks very potent...
I guess that's almost the prove seawater makes more potent bud, as promissed. But I am awayting for the smoke report just to be 100% sure.

osirica420

Miko said:
That's the info osirica420 provided on the first page of this discussion.
Then,

Oh, come on now, let's see a little closer:

http://www.sea-crop.com/history.html

Let's see what's in Thalassa mix:

http://www.americanbluegreen.com/html/thalassa_mix.html

And then, you got SeaAgri Sea-90, which claimed to be untreated. Their Ocean Trace thouh is a refined product with at least a part of sodium removed. http://www.aglife.net/oceantrace.html Food for thought.

Let's see now, the plants are fed with a mix of these three poducts (note we have very little info on them in any case) PLUS commercial fertilizer.

Apparenty I am truly not clever enough to comprehend osirica420's great discoveries and deep as sea research.

Thalassa mix(My Favorite) is All pure seawater/salt and a few bit of herbs and humus mixed in, that is the only additives, i used besides PBP and molasses and seawater...

Sea-Crop, and SeaAgri are in its pure state they just figure out how to take from ocean and concentrate it in the best way and how... its not put through ANY MACHINE or MIXED with any CHEMICALS, thats good enough for me....

Miko you can't disprove this, all this is factual info plants love ALL elements.
Their internal structures thrive off them..

The clone testing will start to prove itself within a few days time....

Last edited:

snadge

I'm glad that you're going to do a side by side with a control as I'm interested in this myself and I must admit your plants look super healthy.

It may be a little more hassle mixing up a few different nute regimes each time but to get a definite end result it's the only way to go.

I'll be watching with interest, are you going to start a new thread for the experiment? :joint:

G

I'm glad that you're going to do a side by side with a control
Me too as the last pics posted look like they have a serious stretch problem but may be the enviro or strain. If cannabis was meant to be grown in salt water the ocean would be covered with em. Not saying there is not some benefit here with the products but cannabis has evolved over millions of years to grow in soil without any influence from the sea. Nutrients are deposited in layers which canna roots have adapted to find and make best use of. Water comes from the sky, runoff or plants grow in areas where the water table is such that the roots can find enough water to thrive.

EDIT...Oh yeah...these were grown in soil, with a layer of dry nutes on the bottom and some top dressings...just like mother nature intended. Turned out better than my year and a half working with GH and a few runs with AN.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts