What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Liquid Karma information

G

Babbabud said:
Awesome product I love LK indoors hydro and soil and outdoors right in mother earth. She is a standard in my garden and staying that way!!

I hear ya man, LK shits all over PBP's chest :pointlaug

Mackawber

Looks to me like Botanicare took a lot of the humic acid out of the new formulation of Liquid Karma.

Liquid Karma used to be 20% Humic Acid. Now it's only 0.1%.

Check out where they put the humic acid at! In the Pure Blend Pro Grow nutes! PBP grow is now 20% humic acid. It looks like they switched it around. I bought some PBP Grow and saw that it was 20% humic acid so I went out and bought a new bottle of Liquid Karma (I was out of it anyway).

Next time I buy nutes I'm going to just get some Alaskan Fish nutes and some Maxicrop liquid seaweed and save some money. Right now I use PBP grow and flower and use FoxFarms Big bloom as a one time heavy N2 feeding when I go to flowering. In late flowering I switch from PBP flower to EarthJuice flower.

DrLongbottom

Veteran
HEADS UP

HEADS UP

I spoke with a Botanicare tech recently and he assured me that The bottles on the shelves are filled with old formula but labeled as new formula....some excuse about using old labels that had already been printed...sounds illegal. So I did a test of old label versus new label...ppms were identical so maybe he was being truthful about the formula being labeled wrong. I told them to get there act together cuz alot of people are very nervous about what they are actually putting in those bottles. peace DLB :joint:

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Damn they should know better than to use those labels. Would it hurt to slap some stickers on the incorrect labels? Jeez.

Dr. Bloom

Does anyone know how large of a role the auxin and cytokinin play in the increase in root/plant growth from the LK.

I was reading through my Bio book and came across this....

Auxin stimulates shoot growth (toward light), inhibits lateral bud (shoot) development, stimulates root branching, but inhibits root growth (from the tip).

Cytokinin works as essentially a reverse auxin.....
Inhibits shoot growth, stimulates lateral bud development, inhibits root branching, and stimulates root growth from the tip.

So if we use both these hormones in conjunction will they give us a noticable benefit, or will they essentially cancel eachother out?

Also...if we were to want to do a Scrog for example, are there any products available that would contain only cytokinin, as it would make for a more branchy plant. Or conversly could we get an auxin only nutrient additive if we are looking for "spear buds" in a SOG setup?

Just looking from some insight if anyone has any. Thanks.

Last edited:
S

stonedeconomist

here is some info on plant hormones from the kelpak website, kelpak is a south african seaweed extract which i've read is one of the better seaweed extracts used buy comercial hydroponic vegtable growers. of course if you buy this stuff you have to get it from a comercial hydro supplier not a grow shop, which means it won't be shipped discretely. but the site does have a lot of good info.

Plant Growth Hormones
Auxins are naturally produced in a plants' shoot tips and translocate down the plant. Cytokinins are naturally produced in the root tips and translocate up the plant…

Now if you remove the roots of an actively growing plant and immerse the base in water...

Auxins continue to be produced in the shoot tips and move down the plant to it's base. As the cytokinin producing root source has been removed, a high auxin to low cytokinin ratio arises at the base of the plant.

As soon as the plant "recognises" this situation, a rooting response is triggered. This in turn becomes self perpetuating as the prolific roots now generate higher levels of cytokinins which in turn promote top growth. It is therefore easy to understand why a cytokinin product will inhibit root development. The "message" given to the plant upon application of a cytokinin source is; I have sufficient roots!

Kelpak is a high auxin/ low cytokinin product which triggers rooting.

here is the link to the site
http://www.kelpak.co.za/products.asp?contentID=15

GDB

I keep multiple jugs of this stuff on hand at all times and would recommend it to anyone. I've been utilizing PBP nutes for veg and bloom along with liquid karma for years now. Never had any problems and this stuff definitely helps things along. Atami makes a product called Bcuzz that used in conjunction with LK gives great results, especially with their veg additive. I've used these products in soil and hydro and have only seen good results. A nice healthy dose of floralicious also helps out near the end of bloom.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
should it be used during every stage of the plant? for rooting clones, for veg , for flower?

GDB

Moppel said:
should it be used during every stage of the plant? for rooting clones, for veg , for flower?

Use it anytime you can, rooting, veg, flowering, cloning, and germination. I don't necessarily recommend it as a folair spray, though I'm sure it can't hurt.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
ok cool, so it makes roots grow faster, seeds germinate faster, what does it does in veg? does it make them grow faster or different?

And in veg i suppose it makes bigger buds......(?)

K

kokua

the benefits you see from LK aren't going to be related to any particular plant function specifically...LK helps with overall plant health and vigor.

I WOULD recommend using LK as a foliar through veg...greens plants up fantastic!

K

kokua

Dr. Bloom said:
Does anyone know how large of a role the auxin and cytokinin play in the increase in root/plant growth from the LK.

I was reading through my Bio book and came across this....

Auxin stimulates shoot growth (toward light), inhibits lateral bud (shoot) development, stimulates root branching, but inhibits root growth (from the tip).

Cytokinin works as essentially a reverse auxin.....
Inhibits shoot growth, stimulates lateral bud development, inhibits root branching, and stimulates root growth from the tip.

So if we use both these hormones in conjunction will they give us a noticable benefit, or will they essentially cancel eachother out?

Also...if we were to want to do a Scrog for example, are there any products available that would contain only cytokinin, as it would make for a more branchy plant. Or conversly could we get an auxin only nutrient additive if we are looking for "spear buds" in a SOG setup?

Just looking from some insight if anyone has any. Thanks.

Commercially available auxins are going to be your rooting hormones...rootech, clonex, hormex, vita-grow, etc... Cytokinins are going to be found in alot of your seaweed products like CytoactinT from Amercian hydroponics, Nitrozime, Super Nova from Amercian Hydro, etc...

Please don't play around with hormones...rooting hormones are essential to the cutting process...but other than that growers should try and stay away from trying to influence plant responses by manipulating hormones...it leads to trouble imo.

My advice....use auxins(rooting hormones) for the cutting process...and use your preferred seaweed extract (cytokinins) during veg as you normally would... I would not recommend any direct manipulation of hormones...especially in flower.

Use LK like it says on the label...use it all the way through flower. :joint: LK's hormones are in balance, so no need to worry about it.

Last edited:

gojo

kokua or anyone:

Did you notice a ph swing when using LK? Do you use hydro or soil/soil-less?

I wanted to add LK in my rez (ebb/flow w/PBPS) but I read it can wreak havoc on the ph and tds?

Kokua,
How much LK to use per liter when foliar feeding?

best regards,

Last edited:

Sleepy

Veteran
i love it!!

i love it!!

it lowers my pH from 7.9 to around 6.5...

i haven't had to use pH down since i started using it!!

i have seen nothing but positive results in my garden!!

i grow indoors in pro-mix.

G

Bumpin this thread.

How does LK differ from Floralicious, which has many of the same ingredients.

I have both. I have been using Floralicious for about a year and noticed enhanced smell and flavor. Haven't tried the LK, but bought it to see what the difference was myself.

Any one with experience with both?