What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old School Kentucky Strains

KyBudz

Hello there. Here we have some of my favorite old Kentucky strains.. Puking red an old school Ky skunk bx and “The shit that killed Elvis” which has been talked about on this forum before... Here’s some pictures of them grown in living organic soil with KNF inputs

5B7C7638-0524-42B3-A3AF-4D2FB412376A.jpg
4BDF55CB-8557-4942-9274-48B60134BC54.jpg
7CD239EB-68D1-4C3A-BDD7-FF35D43CB1E9.jpg
A73CF065-E14A-4F0A-B368-3A3EF838D24C.jpg

Attachments

• E8ED778E-4E5F-4E04-8617-D446E1BC6CC2.jpg
    E8ED778E-4E5F-4E04-8617-D446E1BC6CC2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 122

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
I remember you! How have you been man? Let's keep this thread rolling, I can see it going somewhere.:tiphat:

Iowa Grown

I have some friends that live over by Leitchfield Ky, and the skunk they been growing for a lot of years simply can't be matched, and that stuff will stink up the whole darn neighborhood. Yeah I definitely wouldn't ever try to grow that stuff indoors, LoL! Anyway, I hope you enjoy it cause that stuff is filled with all kinds of fun!

Rodehazrd

Hello there. Here we have some of my favorite old Kentucky strains.. Puking red an old school Ky skunk bx and “The shit that killed Elvis” which has been talked about on this forum before... Here’s some pictures of them grown in living organic soil with KNF inputs

View attachment 482462
View attachment 482463
View attachment 482464
View attachment 482465
Hello KyB nice looking buds.
Are those cuts common around you? I got some skunk off the bouncer in Raywick once but was afraid to ask where it came from. The band never played there again but we all remember that weed. I'm growing a Pineapple Express now hoping for that taste. It won't be long till Ky goes legal. I hope then some of those old school strains show up for sale. :tiphat:

Jammal

what ever happened to the old Tennessee Hack? I believe it was a locally stabilized chocolate Thai hybrid,,,some backwoods war vet weed,,,good stuff,,,last seen winter of 97...it had been around for a long time.....nice smooth choco tobacco flavor potency like trainwreck, very sativa, but obvious acclimated.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
It used to be in these parts back in the 90s, straight skunk funk. lime green with Red hairs, and there was some a bit greener with Red hairs. Straight dynamite!!!! I figure the older guys let it die with them. Nobody really smokes much weed anymore, prescription drugs, and meth have destoryed the area

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah last time I had an actual Skunk was 1981,and not just any skunk.
Even those in the right circles were paying 250 a zip for that stuff,back in those days.
Granted it came from the guys sis that owned a nice patch of land in Hawaii

Reactions: Rgd

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I still may take a week long vacation to Kentucky shortly,I have family there that I've never met.
I know I had/have an uncle Dice and an aunt Dolly.
I have pictures my dad gave me of his dad wearing a big straw hat & coveralls....no shit
Always wanted to visit there,meet some of my fathers side.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I still feel there's some old timer that's in his 80-maybe 90s that would probably say I stopped growing 15-20yr ago.....but Ive got the seeds I uses to cross. My bet is there's somebody in these hills/hollers with that skunk. But finding a TRUTHFUL person would be another thing. That's why it's gonna be near impossible, because oldtimers worked there asses,off in these coal mines and they value there stuff, ie there weed, seed, strain. I figure alot of guys passed away with that skunk we want in there sock drawer or fridge.....old lady through them away. There's always hope though.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I smoked probably the best skunk weed ever in the mid 90s. You couldn't hold the smoke down 3 sec without coughing your lungs up. Man it was strong stuff, I think the guy said it come from OH....so it's hard to say. There's definitely some old hillbilly strains id put up against anything if you could find them. Like I said prescription drugs took alot of weed smokers and growers. The need for weed/strain wasn't as much of concern for these generation because there dealing with addiction. And honestly anybody ever been dope sick knows weed Is like the last thing you want. Tight circles im sure have some killer, but the good stuff it's hard to say,

numberguy

magic beans

magic beans

I smoked probably the best skunk weed ever in the mid 90s. You couldn't hold the smoke down 3 sec without coughing your lungs up. Man it was strong stuff, I think the guy said it come from OH....so it's hard to say. There's definitely some old hillbilly strains id put up against anything if you could find them. Like I said prescription drugs took alot of weed smokers and growers. The need for weed/strain wasn't as much of concern for these generation because there dealing with addiction. And honestly anybody ever been dope sick knows weed Is like the last thing you want. Tight circles im sure have some killer, but the good stuff it's hard to say,

You wernt ready then and didnt follow up, what makes you think you are in a better position today? Just what do you have to offer someone like you wish to find? some poly gee whizz mish mash? did you keep a pure line that might interest some 80 or 90 year old magician? are you going to be truthful to him? that works both ways. Do you allways have something on hand to prove you are who you say you are? will you have the were with all to recognize the one you seek? or just say damn and walk away? The truth was spoken to you and you did not believe it what has changed? I dont mean to single you out, but if you are going hunting you need to be prepared. like recognizes like, the search continues

Latest posts

Latest posts