What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC 600 watt club.

SmokingBandit

Hello everyone I'm a 600 watt lover been using it awhile it's great.
I will post some pics when Im able.
I would love to join the club!
Hope this finds everyone healthy and high

Gazoo31

Last run. This run I’ve got a MH bulb for veg. Much nicer colour to work around!

Attachments

• 5FB1D4D9-3319-494D-8B02-78CB98D53B01.jpg
    5FB1D4D9-3319-494D-8B02-78CB98D53B01.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 37
I’m fairly new. Been having hit and miss results with my 600s... I have them around 3.5x3.5 area apart. I’ve been running 4 plants per light but will be dropping down to 3 per light.. any tips or anything to maximize these lights for max production/quality buds?

I

Insomniac420

Hey guys would a 600watt air-cooled reflector
Work in a 86cm x 86cm x 200cm closet.

I was reading you need 50watts per sq ft

600 Watts in my space would be 66 per sq ft
440 Watts would be 48 per sq ft

I could dim the ballast to 440 watts

My extraction is only 410 m3/hr I don't no
If it would be good enough

I am doing carbon reflector fan

Del_9_THC

guys would a 600watt air-cooled reflector

If you are extracting about 410 cubic meters an hour, I reckon you would be clearing that grow space about 4.5 times a minute.

Are you also keeping the ballast in the grow chamber. (It's a digital dimmable ballast right?)

If you have a covered hood, then that will mitigate some heat issues, but the closet is fairly small.....But, I still think it could be do-able at 600 Watts, with the enclosed hood and ventilation. (Test this out first because it's a small space)

If possible, I would also use some fans inside the grow chamber.

I wouldn't dim the ballast to 400 watts, unless you experience extreme heat issues. My reason is that, at 600 watts your ballast is running at optimal efficiency, but at 400 watts it is not.

At what distance will the plants be from the lights, at their closest?
If you can keep a sufficient distance away from the plants and with sufficient extraction you might be okay at 600 watts.

As a test, you could see how your arm/hand would feel, at the same distance from the lights.....if it is uncomfortable (or worse, it hurts) for your hand at that distance, then it's probably not going to be safe for your plants.

mack 10

Veteran
Hey Mack10 Thanks For All The Info.i have just Put Seeds Into
Glass of Water Then i Will Transplant Into Soil I will See if i can
get 9 x 3gal smart pots..i am defos saving for a Flood and drain
system..local hydro shop talked me into buying a Philips greenpower bulb at £45 i hope there good...Atb madlabscientist

Phillips are one of the best
Just expensive.
The Osram son T (red version) £27.
Is also a good bulb, cheaper than Phillips.

I've seen people pull 25/30 Oz from a phillips greenpower 600w.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Hey guys would a 600watt air-cooled reflector

I was reading you need 50watts per sq ft

Not true and that's perfect for a 400. Law of diminishing returns above 40 for a 600. I get 600 g from 30 with nothing special.

Miraculous Meds

He's oldskool. So I doubt he'll allow pictures.
I'll ask him anyway.

It's basically just a scrogg, dialed in.

Took me a minute to look up what we were talking about. Its been a while, 5 years, lol. 45 zips is crushing it though. Man that will pay some bills, especially if you can replicate x 100 lights.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
How much veg time went in to the higher yields though? Cost and yield per year with fewer harvests and longer lights-on time might not be so different than 1 gpw grows.

G13Fan

Hi guys I am new to growing this will be my first flowering. I have looked at everything for a 4x4 area and it seems the eye hortilux 600 will do best for a small room. I have 7 ft ceilings is this too close to the plants for me to be in the 600 club? Does anyone use this 600 w eye product and how does it work for you? What may be a better choice for a small ceiling room. I don't want leds even tho I know they are really good. I want to push the full sun glass tube bulbs. What do you all think is the best solution in 2020 for the 600 w 5x5 or 4x4 area?