What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12/12 sexing / back to veg then outdoor ?

wallywombat

hi guys and gals so I have a little problem,(here in Australia) been searcing for answers but I cannot come up with one, so I have posted this here,/ I have started some seeds outdoors they have been moved under some CFLS under 12/12 to show there sex as I don't want to wait, my question is can i put them outdoors straight away without them flowering , or do I have to put back into 18/6 veg and than mimic the light hours outdoors ?

I want them in the ground by 20 of September or earlier
this is my light hours for the next coming months

Granger2

Veteran
No problem. In the 70's when I had my greenhouse, I grew them and sexed them indoors. As soon as they showed sex, the fems went into the greenhouse in the spring. They adjust to the day length and it's off to the races. If you put them out right away, you might get a mini bloom, but they will revert to veg with lengthening days. Good luck. -granger

wallywombat

thanks for the reply granger ,seems like you have been around the block or two mate hehe, i ended up getting some 20w cfls to put over the smart pots at night to make them reveg quicker, all the best mate ~

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Wally Wombat

It`ll depend on their Sat / indi ratio bro .
More Indie = quicker sexing slower return to vegg generally .
I`d recommend some magnification to look at the nodes to identify the pre flowers . I can sex plants a week or two earlier that way . The earlier you can sex the earlier you can cull/ select / make plans for world domination mwha ha ha ha .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

wallywombat

word elmer, so you veg and wait for them to naturally show presex ? i didnt have the time for these ones this year so they had to be forced, but i do use 10 x to get up close usualy .
im trying to reveg a Hawaiian Snow x GDP its super indica crazy branching im running about 15 different strains and this one is smoking everything must reveg shes picked out of a large population purple stems and all and the other gal is a keeper DP Purple #1 went into flower to early when i put her out straight away i have noticed complete purp buds this one has to be revegged !! arggghhhhh all the best mate

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Wally

K to revegg .
Once you remove the majority of the stems and foliage , the plant will transpire a lot less .
So light watering with veg 1/2 strength nutes till it starts to drink . 24 hour light from a flouro . Though HPS can work it needs to be indirect .Under or behind another plant , or the fringe of the garden . Intense light seems to finish off some phenos .
Once the plant is throwing out new growth remove the old calyxes . This seems to remove some of the flowering hormones and growth accelerates .
Good luck , most plants can be revegged though some are trickier than others .

Thanks for sharin

EB .