What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hydrolysized whey protein

C

c-ray

I recently read about a veggie farmer who uses whey powder as a foliar, instead of milk, as a pm preventative with benefits.. claims it is good stuff, full of nitrogen, vitamins, calcium etc.. so I looked into it and the shit to get is from new zealand, as the cows get most of their nutrition from pastureland and the typical hormones and antibiotics are banned in NZ..

Dkgrower

Veteran
Hey C-ray glad to hear that others find the use of amino to work in favor to them- try it out

so this would be good in a tea or not?????????????

yes, they will feed the microbes- like molasse do -

if u do fermentations they will be rich in aminos so no really need to add them.

Its best to use them in foliar applications.

They easy penetrate into the leave stomata so u can use aminos as a transport agent - in greenhouse growing they use it to lower the use of pesticiedes because it increase the effect.

It also good fore metal ions if u need to correct a def, like a Ca def.

When used in soil u feed the mircos.

Have started to use a 40% amino solution 6-0-0 to use in formulation fore foliar applications

U really need to work with low concentrations.

When diluted to 20% i use 0.5 ml pr l in foliar applications.

When u add it to the soil u can go very high in concentration i just tryed a 20% at 4ml pr L and no leave burn.

Anyway rember that Aminos are Nitrogen so u have to lower the N input from other source in your nutrient mix or els u get shiney green plants.

Fore now i use them in veg and in flower just after stretch has stoped and then again 1 week later at 0.5ml pr L with a concentration of 20% to this i add Lacto B and B vitamins (Horse Feed suplement) and Algea extract from Algeafert i use the K+ version.

Bom Shiva.

Side note; if some product write they contain Aminos look at the NPK value and if there is very littel N present i mean that very littel aminos are there.

Like the 20% L-amino solution is 2-0-0 NPK wise.

In bioheaven there is less that 7% aminos the AN bigbud i guess they just add tiny amount just to write that it contain amions anyway it chelates the P and K.

S

SeaMaiden

Adding aminos to teas..? Honestly, I don't think it would add much. However, that's not to say that adding it to a finished tea prior to application wouldn't work well, because you'd be inoculating with microbes as well as bioavailable nutrients.
Would Braggs Liquid Aminos be of any use to the organic gardner?
That's a very good question! It is tasty stuff, I prefer it to soy sauce.
I recently read about a veggie farmer who uses whey powder as a foliar, instead of milk, as a pm preventative with benefits.. claims it is good stuff, full of nitrogen, vitamins, calcium etc.. so I looked into it and the shit to get is from new zealand, as the cows get most of their nutrition from pastureland and the typical hormones and antibiotics are banned in NZ..
Where'd you read this? I subscribe to Acres, USA, via that publication, perchance? Whey, being a milk byproduct, makes sense to the delusional, though. My question is this--which is more cost-effective?

shaggyballs

Veteran
At what rate would you recomend for a tea or fermentation mix?

Hey C-ray glad to hear that others find the use of amino to work in favor to them- try it out

yes, they will feed the microbes- like molasse do -

if u do fermentations they will be rich in aminos so no really need to add them.

Its best to use them in foliar applications.

They easy penetrate into the leave stomata so u can use aminos as a transport agent - in greenhouse growing they use it to lower the use of pesticiedes because it increase the effect.

It also good fore metal ions if u need to correct a def, like a Ca def.

When used in soil u feed the mircos.

Have started to use a 40% amino solution 6-0-0 to use in formulation fore foliar applications

U really need to work with low concentrations.

When diluted to 20% i use 0.5 ml pr l in foliar applications.

When u add it to the soil u can go very high in concentration i just tryed a 20% at 4ml pr L and no leave burn.

Anyway rember that Aminos are Nitrogen so u have to lower the N input from other source in your nutrient mix or els u get shiney green plants.

Fore now i use them in veg and in flower just after stretch has stoped and then again 1 week later at 0.5ml pr L with a concentration of 20% to this i add Lacto B and B vitamins (Horse Feed suplement) and Algea extract from Algeafert i use the K+ version.

Bom Shiva.

Side note; if some product write they contain Aminos look at the NPK value and if there is very littel N present i mean that very littel aminos are there.

Like the 20% L-amino solution is 2-0-0 NPK wise.

In bioheaven there is less that 7% aminos the AN bigbud i guess they just add tiny amount just to write that it contain amions anyway it chelates the P and K.

Dkgrower

Veteran
I dont know shaggy - depends at what concentration the amino acid is.

i am no expert i just playing around with it and wrote about what i know.

Also if it would be smart to add if when the tee is finish or just add it to begin with.
When using it in soil all the info i can find is that u feed the microbes - so i dont know if they are that usefull fore tee.

Amino acid is best to foliar feed with and use them as transport agent.

shaggyballs

Veteran
what do you recommend for a transport agent?

I dont know shaggy - depends at what concentration the amino acid is.

i am no expert i just playing around with it and wrote about what i know.

Also if it would be smart to add if when the tee is finish or just add it to begin with.
When using it in soil all the info i can find is that u feed the microbes - so i dont know if they are that usefull fore tee.

Amino acid is best to foliar feed with and use them as transport agent.

C

c-ray

Where'd you read this? I subscribe to Acres, USA, via that publication, perchance? Whey, being a milk byproduct, makes sense to the delusional, though. My question is this--which is more cost-effective?

I tried to figure out where I read it but was unsuccessful, sorry.. I do remember the guy saying that whey is indeed cheaper than milk, ..I just bought some of the new zealand grass fed water soluble whey for 11 bucks a lb, and it is 13% nitrogen (protein % divided by 6.25 = N), and has no antibiotics, hormones etc,.. what does anti-biotic free, hormone free, grass fed milk cost per pound and what does that work out to on a dry weight basis.. I'll let you do the math..

S

SeaMaiden

I'll have to look at the whey my husband uses, see what else is in it. There are other compounds, minerals, possibly enzymes in milk that either may not exist in whey alone, or may be changed or broken down due to how whey powder is made.

It's surprising, but also good to know that a little can go a very long whey.

Dkgrower

Veteran
I should have said........

What is best to mix with them in the foliar spray to take advantage of the transport effect?

Damm u dont give up - :huggg:

Anything - U can add NPK - PK - Seaweed - PGR - Pesticiedes - Metals.

to sum it up - amino acids chelates and penetrate easy tho the stomata so u can use less and get the same effect.

It is use very much in greenhouse pest control to boost the effect of pesticides but the same goes fore mineral defs and PGR.

C

c-ray

found the whey info.. comes from the book:

The Holistic Orchard: Tree Fruits and Berries the Biological Way
By Michael Phillips

http://books.google.ca/books?id=zwH...a=X&ei=uM31UKDgGua02gXq1oCACw&ved=0CDcQ6AEwAA

wfwzV.png

S

SeaMaiden

Gee, maybe I'm not so delusional after all. I'd seen this book up for sale, it's in the list for future purchases.

Once again, c-ray, I thank you.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Damm u dont give up - :huggg:

Anything - U can add NPK - PK - Seaweed - PGR - Pesticiedes - Metals.

to sum it up - amino acids chelates and penetrate easy tho the stomata so u can use less and get the same effect.

It is use very much in greenhouse pest control to boost the effect of pesticides but the same goes fore mineral defs and PGR.

:thank you:Thank you for your help:huggg:

:dance013:I will give it a try!:woohoo:

Bongstar420

Anyone have any feedback on using this additive. It is suppose to be the secret ingredient in Advanced's Big Bud!!!!

I got better flavor; lower THC...25% lower

They won't all do the same thing though because they are not all the same amino acid balance.

Its actually the microbes and their waste products which are the "magic" effects here.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I got better flavor; lower THC...25% lower

They won't all do the same thing though because they are not all the same amino acid balance.

Its actually the microbes and their waste products which are the "magic" effects here.

u got better flavor from big bud but lower potency?

Latest posts

Latest posts