What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Decrim bill passes in CT - now a fine

cashpoor357

Governor Malloy crafted the decrim bill. His predecessor Jodi Rell vetoed a similar bill that passed both houses in 2009. The Senate passage was a squeaker. If the House passes it then Malloy will surely also. I foresee 25 gram lids everywhere.

cashpoor357

CT voters: Over the weekend, the Connecticut Senate narrowly approved a measure to decriminalize possession of small amounts of marijuana. The vote was 18-18, and Lieutenant Governor Nancy Wyman broke the tie with a vote in support of the bill. If passed, the bill would change the penalty for possession of less than half an ounce of marijuana from a misdemeanor (maximum fine of $1,000 and up to a year in jail) to a $150 civil fine with no criminal record.

The bill now moves to the House where it needs your help. Please call Speaker of the House Chris Donovan and House Majority Leader Brendan Sharkey and urge them to call the bill, SB 1014, to the House floor for a vote.

There are only a couple of days left in the Connecticut Legislature’s 2011 session, so we have to get this bill called soon. Please don’t wait – take two minutes of your time to make a call and urge House leadership to hold a vote on this important, common sense bill now.

https://secure2.convio.net/mpp/site...keACall&JServSessionIdr004=lt0bqbxf02.app213a

Thanks,

cashpoor357

YAY! 6/7/2011 – Today the Connecticut House of Representatives passed SB 1014, a bill to make possession of less than 14 grams of marijuana a non-criminal violation for adults. There was heavy debate about the concept, but the measure prevailed in a 90-57 vote. The legislation was passed by the Senate over the weekend.

Governor Dannel P. Malloy sponsored the bill and is now expected to sign it into law.

When the bill is signed into law Connecticut will be the 14th US State to make adult cannabis possession a non-criminal offense.

Thanks for the interest... Med MJ is next

http://blog.norml.org/2011/06/07/co...-to-decriminalize-adult-marijuana-possession/

holy shit i got in so much trouble in ct. for bud.i got popped there years ago three dif times with always less than i gram and i did jail the 3rd time and had crazy amounts of comunnity service and fines.i moved outta that state because of the scene there. oits the constitutian state they love the law and enforcing it.thats great it changed now i can go visit people and not be scared.

thatguy

FYI for any CT residents with pasession of MJ convictions of less than a half oz:
Under the statute of erasure ( C.G.S 54-142a ) those convictions may now be erased from criminal records thanks to a state supreme court decision. I've had four erased myself.