What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2.6k hps 9 bucket RDWC

topcat76239

I have almost the same system with 1.4k and 10 buckets. running sour d. 1/10 chiller. vegged 2 weeks the cuts were like 4 inches or so when i put them in after 2 weeks veg 22-24 inches under the thouwie. topped day 7. the 400s are a few inches behind.

ive thought about it and i think you and i did not run the most efficient plumbing. what if we drilled the return line at water level and made the fitting at bottom of bucket the feed line? just a thought.

have you looked into undercurrent?

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
whats up gt glad to see ya back up and just wanna say those pics of the setup bein put together are great and gonna help loads of ppl. props to u for takin the time to do it. im gonna be puttin a recirc system 2 gether in a few wks and this just made it that much easier. best of luck what is the strain u runnin first in it. the lvpk is gonna kill . i just startin to flower myne now for the first tyme and cant wait to see her for herself.
best of luck with ur new setup even though it sux that it has to be new, good karma ur way and may that sob who got ya shit get his.
also i been using the conni line for 7 harvests now and love it.

thanks for the good karma my way,and yeah i thought it would help some people with the little pictorial also i dont know the exact strain name but its got that kush smell/taste with a lemony hint and the resins arent sticky really more oily,when you molest a nug and rub those fingers together its not sticky and it almost soaks in to your skin.

Dont know if you have filled the system with water yet, but from my experience I can tell you it is most like going to leak at threads of the drain fittings without the aid of teflon tape. It does not appear that you have done so. It will be a lot easier to do this now vs. when the system if full. Just thought I would add.

yeah i havent filled the system yet but theres a rubber washer inside the bucket that does the sealing,thanks for the input tho.

Boosted if you look closer, you'll see the threads aren't doing the sealing, the gasket is, on the inside of the bucket.

Looking great green thumb! That's the kind of rdwc flow setup I like best, you will do great this round I bet! Can't wait to see how it goes.

Keep it Green
MGT

thanks,i cant wait to see this going either,this is just a larger version of my last bucket system so i dont fore see any problems.

Oh yeah and keeping it green is the name of the game,and im not talkin dollars either!!! tired of seeing brown skuzzle-butt buds floatin around these days still.

I have almost the same system with
1.4k and 10 buckets. running sour d. 1/10 chiller. vegged 2 weeks the cuts were like 4 inches or so when i put them in after 2 weeks veg 22-24 inches under the thouwie. topped day 7. the 400s are a few inches behind.

ive thought about it and i think you and i did not run the most efficient plumbing. what if we drilled the return line at water level and made the fitting at bottom of bucket the feed line? just a thought.

have you looked into undercurrent?

hey your system sounds awesome,so how long do ou plan to veg total? im thinking im gonna veg my gals for 40-50days then 10weeks of 12/12.

as far as efficient i think my setup exchanges water pretty efficiently as i way over do it on water pump,well compared to blazeoneups tute and that tutorial tought me what i need to get this up and goin.

my last bucket system was 4 buckets with a 633gph pump mathed out i think that comes out to 30 some odd times per hour the entire systems water get recirculated.

and if i had the money i wouldnt be fuckin with rdwc id totally be packin 2 UC 16XL's,BUT that shits expensive and id rather build a 9 system for under $200 and still look at getting 2.5-3.5# off 9 under 2 1k and a 600 in the middle possibly all on seperate movers.

green_thumb...

Veteran
alrite, got some more of the system together,picked up a 21 gal rez,float valves,1/4" hose,some hose clampszip ties etc...

here pix of progress.
CIMG9939.jpg

CIMG9940.jpg

CIMG9942.jpg

CIMG9945.jpg

CIMG9944.jpg

green_thumb...

Veteran
thanks guys,and if i had all the parts I could have got it set up in 4-6hrs easy.

and with these fittings if you have to add teflon tape your doing something wrong,this is my 2nd set up like this using the exact same parts and i have no leaks and did NOT have to use teflon tape OR silicon sealant on any of the system.

i have the system full of about 45gallons +/- a few gal,the system seems to be holding up exactly how i thought "TITS!!". just need a few more things and this grow will be under way so stay tuned.

MyGreenToe

Looks awesome! You gonna cover everything(plumbing and plantisites) in reflectix now that its tested?

This is going to be awesome when you fill it with plants!

green_thumb...

Veteran
ya know i really hadent planned on it,was thinking since heats not an issue right now that i wouldnt need to do that. also the lines and buckets are dark and dont let any light in i think i'll still have to wrap the rez tho cuz its green and light emits thru.

also i still have to make 9 rings and get some more vinyl tubing for the feed lines and i still need to get some sort of pump too.

Neo 420

Veteran
@ Green
Did you test that sentinel? Being close to a electrical ballast can make those go haywire.
I'm also pulling up my bean bag for the show!:lurk:

Neo 420

Veteran
Some of the older sentinel controllers would give incorrect reading when next to some digital ballasts. Actually mine had it printed in the instructions to have any digital ballast at least 10 feet from the unit. But my buddy sent his back to the company due to it giving incorrect CO2 readings and they sent him the new upgraded unit with blue covering over the sockets that I think no longer had that warning of being next to digital ballasts. I'm pretty baked right now and maybe mixing up the "no longer having a warning concerning digital ballasts.

Great work on the RWDC!! You using part of Blaze's design?

*EDIT

Copied this off the EVC-2 manual

Some electronic devices such as Electronic (Digital) HID ballasts and Ozone
generators produce large amounts of electronic noise, which can affect other
equipment. The Sentinel line of controllers and timers have been “hardened” by
using shielded cable and shielded enclosures however… some EBs do not have
proper shielding. For best results it is highly recommended to position your
controller at least 8 ft away from any EBs (Electronic Ballasts).

You'll be good dude...

green_thumb...

Veteran
Some of the older sentinel controllers would give incorrect reading when next to some digital ballasts. Actually mine had it printed in the instructions to have any digital ballast at least 10 feet from the unit. But my buddy sent his back to the company due to it giving incorrect CO2 readings and they sent him the new upgraded unit with blue covering over the sockets that I think no longer had that warning of being next to digital ballasts. I'm pretty baked right now and maybe mixing up the "no longer having a warning concerning digital ballasts.

Great work on the RWDC!! You using part of Blaze's design?

right on man,thanks for the warning. and most of this was blazes design with a few on my own mods.

i just cant wait to get this show on the road,i need to get this crop done with so i can finally move.

G

grasspass

Congrats on the baby and sorry to hear about the rip-off. Are you in the same place? Can you get a system that would call you when breached?

green_thumb...

Veteran
Congrats on the baby and sorry to hear about the rip-off. Are you in the same place? Can you get a system that would call you when breached?

thanks for the congrats man. and at the moment this grow has slowed to a hault,funds are extreamly low and the guy who grew my outdoor killed 2 of my plants mid season so i only had 2 and those 2 didnt even yield a # a piece.

as for a security system that will call me i dont know,never really looked into it. im sure its spendy so that will have to wait too.

green_thumb...

Veteran
hay yall!

well due to low funds i aborted the rdwc project,so i decieded to use what i got and get a quick harvest in so i threw 12 5" square pots full of hydroton in a 2'x4' E&F tray.

I have 12 cuts in my cloner 6 pineapple kush,1 BBK,1 kush haze,1 sour-band,2 pineapple and 1 bubba kush.

i plan to keep the nutes simple grow/micro for the 2 week veg and conni A&B with big bud and bud blaster for bloom.

greenwithenvy

Veteran
hay yall!

well due to low funds i aborted the rdwc project,so i decieded to use what i got and get a quick harvest in so i threw 12 5" square pots full of hydroton in a 2'x4' E&F tray.

I have 12 cuts in my cloner 6 pineapple kush,1 BBK,1 kush haze,1 sour-band,2 pineapple and 1 bubba kush.

i plan to keep the nutes simple grow/micro for the 2 week veg and conni A&B with big bud and bud blaster for bloom.

I thought it was done already? It all looked soo good. What did you still need?

green_thumb...

Veteran
I thought it was done already? It all looked soo good. What did you still need?

i still need a 950gph mag drive pump,more vinyl 1/2" & 3/4",more elbows,bucket lids,hydroton,another 1k hps ballast,the light controller,someone to run 240v to the light controller and some nutes.

i tallied it up to around $500 which i dont have and wont have for a while and i really wana get a harvest in cuz nobody wants the outdoor my outdoor grower grew,its not bad but its not my indoor wich everyone around here really wants.

so I just took the rdwc apart and set up the tray with the parts,pumps,pots,hydroton and rez i already had,

i figure with the proceeds from the tray i can get the rdwc goin.