What's new

Pearlemae's OBBT Grow

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
I Googled grow box plans back in Dec. and was led to the ICMag site. So after looking at all the different ways of growing I decided to be stealthy,self contained, and easy. So the OBBt method, appealed to my sense of growing in dirt, and using hydro. The box is 4x4x2 ft,3x2x4 Ft flowering chamber, the left side is 1x2x4 ft wit shelves for the electric, clones and mother room on the bottom. Air is a 120 mm computer fan pulling through a homemade carbon filter. Air for the buckets is an 18 watt eco pump pushing 2-3 PSI. Mothers light are t5 15 watt double tube from HD the flower chamber is a Sun Blaze HO FL fixture 2 ft with 8 bulbs producing 16K lumens.

Last edited:

pearlemae

Veteran
Pearlemae's OBBT cont'd

Pearlemae's OBBT cont'd

The beginning of Feb I was given a dozen clones which were mixed up with the strain tags so we didn't have a clue which was which, But the strain we were given are all good, a local one called Lezberado, Pine Kush, Kemo, Violet D-lite. The clones were put under an incandesant grow light sitting on my printer. 12 days later they had rooted, lost two early on to a fungus. They had damped off. The clones were transplanted to 4 " pots and put in the clone room of the hastily finished box. Four of the clones were transplanted the beginning of march to the OBBT bucket,and the rest were put in 1 gal pots. We had some Cal/Mag lockout issues the first week but I got the PH issues resolved.
The lights were flipped on Mar 11th and the first flowers showed up on Mar 23. I've since changed the bulbs to 3K bulbs, and have been feeding a Bat Guano 0-7-0, and kelp tea into the res.

Last edited:

pearlemae

Veteran
So here's some pictures taken as the grow progressed ending with the first flowers on 11 mar.

Last edited:

pearlemae

Veteran
bud shots, up to the last one taken today.

Last edited:

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi, i like the OBBT method as well -have some peppers and the best one's going in my bucket once it's up to snuff for transplant

how is your wet/dry cycle? i have to let my res get almost empty or i get too damp. just using aquarium pump though may be better if you run a agriculture air pump.

nice cab BTW

pearlemae

Veteran
Xmo, Sorry I've taken so long to get back on. My wet dry cycles are as follows, I top off the res on each one daily. They stay moist but I haven't had any problem. There is a 6" fan for air circulation as well as the ventilation set up. So far no molds, bugs etc. The pics are a week old

pearlemae

Veteran
S heres some pics I took yesterday when I cut this one and on to the dryer tray.