What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sea solids and coco; Side by side trial

CovertCrops

Mg75 - Very good thought. I too have heard of people having issues with salt and coco. It has crossed my mind a few times but I have been applying 2.0-2.8 EC sea water and the plants are thriving! It has something to do with the balance of all the elements in sea water negates the need to "overload" on certain nutrients. Dr. Murray's pursuit was of food crops and livestock feed, his goal was to provide complete nutrition to the plants in order to create a chemically perfect plant to provide complete nutrition to humans and livestock. My goal is to see how this can be applied to cannabis cultivation and if it is worthwhile.

One of the outcomes of these experiments is to determine if the salt will become a problem over time in a single crop cycle and with recycled coco.

Osiricia - Thanks bro, the sea solid plants look great. I think if I had applied more N in the 1st week they would be bigger, but live and learn. Those SSh of yours look fantastic, I've got 16 sproutin feet, probably gonna do another side by side with them.

Its actually just the SC that is showing MG def, she has proven to be a hog when it come to that element tho.

I knew someone had used sea salt without the salt, thanks for the input on that, I kinda think the salt is important, at least for this technique.

Petflora - Sole sounds like that other stuff that Sea-agri sells, The "super salt" from the bottom of the salt pools or something. Sea agri wanted a lot more money for it, I wasn't willing to pay.

CovertCrops

Next up, Natures Nectar + Sea-90 test run.
picture.php

Almost OMRI certified, but I vegged them with Canna, so it doesn't count.

8 plants, vegged 2 weeks after striking roots. Planted in straight Canna coco, inoculated with myco and azos.

4 Roadkill skunks, 3 Purple kush, 1 Super skunk
Day 1 of 12/12
picture.php

Y

Yankee Grower

RE: SOLE

According to what I have read about SOLE, it is NOT the same as adding sea salt to water. They say the SOLE water changes the bonding structure
Well that's plain and simple BS. When you find the scientific proof please post it...and you won't so will not hold my breath. Go ahead and keep on believing that marketing BS. So you take some ground up Himalayan salt and add to water or you take some salt 'rocks' and add water (creating SOLE) then skim off some of that SOLE solution and the difference is frikkin what?

1/4 tsp of Himalayan salt ='s approximately 1 tsp of SOLE 'solution'. SOLE will stabilize at approximately 26% solids in solution and the difference is frikkin WHAT? LOL

A lot of this crap information comes from the book Water and Salt which was basically propaganda from the people behind the 'Original Pink Himalayan Salt'. They printed results of testing from a lab in that book that never even existed...LMAO!!!

Good luck going down this road cause it's dead end.

Y

Yankee Grower

YankeeGrower..
Dr. Murray says the real deal salt works the best he tried varying contents of naci... as far as nutrient density..
i can provide references if u would like i have seen quite a few studies on this subject...

i have tried products with 98% of the salt removed and it doesnt work as good least not for me, i would have to adjust the way i use it you couldnt use it the same way as u would use the real salt.....

In this case where CovertCrops is having a MG def something like a extracted sea mineral blend would be good since it would have majority Mg in the mix to give it a extra boost in addition to whats already there and not loosing any salinity in the process..
Sea-Crop has a Mg concentration of at least 4%. Dr. Murray did not have access to sophisticated seawater extracts because they were created after he died. If you're talking about stuff from companies like GroPal and Trace Minerals Research they're crap. I know of one company that tried to get approval for their seawater concentrate in North Dakota and the studies, required by ND, showed NO efficacy, and from what I can tell they've disappeared off the market. Without proof their product worked ND shut them down...LOL.

osirica420

bro u should take a chill pill no need to be all harsh like that... as a matter of fact i gave him a k+ for that post...

IMO creating sole would gave u more ideal ratios of minerals, i am even thinkin about making it stronger and letting it sit for a few days so i get the highest amount of mineral content within mother natures ratios for seawater..

In the doctors book it talks about how sea water mineral ratios are pretty much the same as chlorophyll and plasma/our blood..

i have seen studies where people were terminally ills and they use seawater todo a blood transfusion and it worked on humans and animals..

So in my opinion it was good he mentioned sole in this thread because it put something into perspective me for at least...

Here is a quote off a website i was reading...

Sea minerals as a plasma

All cellular life comes from the sea. Blood has been shown to be 98% identical to sea water. The only difference is that sea water needs an extra molecule of magnesium, whereas blood needs an extra molecule of iron (hence the red color of blood). When a sea water dilution comes in contact with blood, however, the magnesium is converted into iron, making the transition 100%. Thus sea water should be seen as a plasma.

Chlorophyll as a plasma

Photosynthesis is the interaction of sunlight and water. This forms the basis of all plant life. This too began in the sea. Chlorophyll is the product of photosynthesis and led to green, one-celled organisms. These washed onto land and led to plant life. People and animals not only share a genetic link with the sea but also with green plants, as chlorophyll is 98% identical to blood. Chlorophyll, too, has a magnesium core while iron forms the basis for blood. The conversion of magnesium in chlorophyll to iron is once again complete once this comes into contact with blood. Like sea water, chlorophyll is therefore a plasma and is sometimes referred to as the ‘blood of the plant’.

osirica420

Sea-Crop has a Mg concentration of at least 4%. Dr. Murray did not have access to sophisticated seawater extracts because they were created after he died. If you're talking about stuff from companies like GroPal and Trace Minerals Research they're crap. I know of one company that tried to get approval for their seawater concentrate in North Dakota and the studies, required by ND, showed NO efficacy, and from what I can tell they've disappeared off the market. Without proof their product worked ND shut them down...LOL.
Well that's plain and simple BS. When you find the scientific proof please post it...and you won't so will not hold my breath. Go ahead and keep on believing that marketing BS. So you take some ground up Himalayan salt and add to water or you take some salt 'rocks' and add water (creating SOLE) then skim off some of that SOLE solution and the difference is frikkin what?

1/4 tsp of Himalayan salt ='s approximately 1 tsp of SOLE 'solution'. SOLE will stabilize at approximately 26% solids in solution and the difference is frikkin WHAT? LOL

A lot of this crap information comes from the book Water and Salt which was basically propaganda from the people behind the 'Original Pink Himalayan Salt'. They printed results of testing from a lab in that book that never even existed...LMAO!!!

Good luck going down this road cause it's dead end.

please just leave this thread bro .. if seawater is not for u then leave ...

you have never read his book or any of his followers work..

if you dont think seawater will work for you why you here? its obvious it works for alot of people and VERY well!...

Dont come ruin this thread based off your opinion!

majortom9

This has to be 1 of the most interesting threads i have ever read ! Its right up my alley, almost unbelievable. So ya think sea salts would work well with say, Alaskan Fish Fert. for the NPK in hydro? I may have to crank my nft tomato factory up,lol. Hey OSIRICA420...I just started reading your thread from back a few years ago titled "Sea Solids make plants EXPLODE in hydro!!" On about the 2rd or 3nd page a fellow brung up greatlakes supply and there All American Series nutes. I have some of that that i purchased back last winter but havent used it yet. Was wondering if you or anyone else got a chance to try it and if so, was it pretty good shit? Yall keep up the killer work, breaking new ground in 420 cultivation!:plant grow:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
From the link I provided http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.co...htm#goldensole

"When water and Original Himalayan Crystal Salt connect, the negative poles of the water molecules surround the positive ions in the salt and the negative ions in the salt are surrounded by the positive polarized particles of the water molecules. This changes the geometric structure of the water and the salt, and creates something entirely new, a third dimension. The water no longer is water and the salt no longer salt. The elements have liberated themselves from their restrictions, given up their polarities by the resonant effects, and reached a higher form of energy."

It may be that for aero adding a very small amount will add the goodness without burning the plants. Keep in mind the plants under the LED (no heat) did not burn up. Seems that when using sea salt ione needs to keep in mind the ratio of heat to ppms sea-salt.

E

elmanito

I started spraying weeds in the garden with a high concentration of Himalaya salt instead of some kind of a herbicide.The concentration was 50 g (1.75 oz) per 5 liters (1.32 gallons) water and found out that some weeds like nettles in non-fertilized soil even liked it.They grew harder and were greener, while nettles which grew in compost had a hard time with their salt bath.

Yesterday i bought another kind of unrefined sea salt to experiment with which is harvested in Portugal (Olhão region).Salt is not bleached

picture.php

@osirica420

Where can I buy the NZ Deep Sea Salt outside of New-Zealand???

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

osirica420

No one said he wasnt, lets see you get as far as he is getting with just 200ppm of PBP in coco not soil...
keyword here is Primary, the NPK should be seen as supplement..
I dont think your plants would make it past the 2nd week my friend...
I use about 400ppm of NPK based nutes in my grows with sea solids... but anyway thanks for your opinion...

NZ deep sea salt can be found here..
http://www.healthy.co.nz/product/6436-celtic-sea-salt.html

Thalassa Mix is the best sea solid fertilizer out IMO but it will cost you$..

majortom9

If i were to try sea salt in an aeroflo,or a nft system, would it be a safe bet to run about 500 to 1000 ppm of salt seeing how there is no buffer at all for the roots?

Y

Yankee Grower

please just leave this thread bro .. if seawater is not for u then leave ...

you have never read his book or any of his followers work..

if you dont think seawater will work for you why you here? its obvious it works for alot of people and VERY well!...

Dont come ruin this thread based off your opinion!
I'm going nowhere. Does questioning things mean ruining to you? So you're guessing I've never read Dr. Murray's book, the work of his followers or done research into the use of salt for humans, animals and agriculture? That's far from the truth so very bad guess.

Nothing against PetFlora on this one. There is NO difference between adding 1/4 tsp of ground up Himalayan salt to a res or 1 tsp of Himalayan salt SOLE...NONE!

So you can just move on with all your opinions my friend...
Moving nowhere...have my 'own' research and far from opinions.

As you see from the studies below that naci accompanied with ALL minerals will make the plant a bit smaller but have the same if not larger fruit
The plant should be bigger, larger leaves, earlier flowering, more flower sites, earlier finishing with larger yields. Maybe I should not say 'should' but it's possible.

Dr. Murray spent his life studying this and now people are starting to see the truth..
Sure there's some value using sea salt...and I emphasize 'some'. The general market will not pick up on his work, IMO, as things have been developed far beyond what Dr. Murray could have imagined. Nothing against him cause he was for sure a pioneer and set the foundation but that was many, many years ago.

osirica420

i am putting u on block bro, your just about as ignorant as it gets..
not wasting any more time on you...

why ask questions about this when all the real answers are on google posted a few already and theres plenty more

have a nice life, my friend...

southpaw

Great read guys... I'm probably the last person on the site to learn what exactly "sea solids" are.

I would love to try this stuff in soil sometime with fish, kelp, and guano. I see from this thread that it can be done and done impressively, but running this in coco with it's high CEC would make me nervous.

Keep it going CC!

Y

Yankee Grower

your just about as ignorant as it gets..
LOL...no disrespect to CovertCrops, this thread, the people involved and the discussion about using sea salt in HYDROPONICS. I've been responsible for moving about 20,000 lbs of Himalayan pink salt per year in the nutritional/food market for many years in the US and you? I'm the one that does the buying from Pakistan of this salt and you? I've worked directly with labs testing various salt products for over 5 years and you? I've worked closely with various agriculture consultants and companies who sell/work with sea salt/seawater products who have performed extensive side-by-side tests of these products in the field on 1000's of acres and you? I know of human studies on Himalayan salt that have been done but not yet peer reviewed and published and you?

Ignorance is bliss since you'll never see this post and guess Google is god.

It's obvious there's some value to using sea salt and yes you can grow canna in a high ppm salt solution in hydro but that's not my point.

You guys have fun!

CovertCrops

Tension already? The purpose of this thread is to explore sea salt and it's use in modern cultivation. Dr. Murray started his experiments in the 30's I believe, to say cultivation technology hasn't changed since then would be silly. His book is hardly a how-to manual, more a very rough primer.

Yankee Grower - Questioning is not ruining, questions create knowledge. Your input is appreciated.

Osirica 420 - Thanks for posting those links bro. Remember tho that this thread is here for people to form their own opinions and ask questions. I'm not trying to pitch sea solids to anyone, I'm adding to my own knowledge base and sharing what I learn.

majortom9 - A fish based fert would work but you may find you need to add P as well. As far as using sea solids in aero, Petflora has used it in HP aero with mixed results. I would think that further testing of sea solids and aero is needed.

Petflora - interesting that the Led side didn't burn. Is their a light intensity difference between the Cfl and Led?

Elmanito - That is very interesting information about the nettles.

Terramotto - did you get an EC for the sea water?

vin marioni - Welcome, yeah I am using 5 ml/g PbP, never said I wasn't. However, you can't grow a 3' plant on 5ml/g pbp, the inputs from that are negligible.

Southpaw - Welcome, I think you would probably see good results using the salt in soil with teas and whatnot. It's interesting stuff but requires experimentation to make it fit your uses.

Latest posts

Latest posts