What's new

CAN YOU USE ORGANIC TEAS WITH ROCKWOOL (run to waste)

R

REDEYE_420

Hi all!

My questions are:

1, If your growing in rockwool in pots(probably mini cubes), and you hand water (run to waste)-can you feed the plants with the usual hydro feed (General Hydroponics) and feed them with organic teas as well?

2, Would the organic tea and GH nutrients react in any adverse way to each other?

3, Would the organic teas have any value in the rockwool?

4, Would the organic tea need to be mixed about a week ahead of the feed to get the organisms working to break down the organic substances (bat guano, worm castings, sea weed kelp etc)?
I ask the above question because if I'm growing in rockwool then there are no organisms present as there would be in soil.

5, Would it be possible to just use organic teas with rockwool instead of manufactured nutrient mixes?

I'm not to clued up with the whole organic vibe, hence my query.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Peace. :tiphat:

the question is, why bother? Both are designed to be complete, stand alone nutes. If you are wanting to run organic, run organic and put the GH away for a run. Look into Pure Blend Pro it is 95% organic and super simple to use. No brew time.

the question is, why bother? Both are designed to be complete, stand alone nutes. If you are wanting to run organic, run organic and put the GH away for a run. Look into Pure Blend Pro it is 95% organic and super simple to use. No brew time.

That makes sense i guess, does this impact on yield using organic hydro, or more to the point why isnt everyone using organic hydro nutes, they seem to be the best of both worlds

IMHO the organic hydro PBP is the best. I am not sure why more people don't use them. When you start hydro, you are told to reach for the GH. It was all I knew for a long time. No offense meant to anyone. Some people feel that with GH they are able to very accuratly control the NPK and PPM's they give to the ladies. PBP is much simpler and you just need to be within a general range.

There are some PBP threads in the organic hydro forum if you want to check out more. Search Pure Blend Pro and you will find some nice grow threads. I try to SHARE my success and pleasure I have had with PBP. Sometimes people are interested, sometimes offended which I truly do not intend and am very sorry if so. To each his own.

I do not find yield reduced at all. I don't want to say it makes the yield bigger because again people might find that offensive. I will say that IMHO it is very simple and easy to use, and that means you have a good chance of having healthy, stress free ladies and then they will hopefully be more healthy and have nice big buds. Anytime there are issues (deficiencies, etc) the growth is stalled for a while. PEACE

R

REDEYE_420

IMHO the organic hydro PBP is the best. I am not sure why more people don't use them. When you start hydro, you are told to reach for the GH. It was all I knew for a long time. No offense meant to anyone. Some people feel that with GH they are able to very accuratly control the NPK and PPM's they give to the ladies. PBP is much simpler and you just need to be within a general range.

There are some PBP threads in the organic hydro forum if you want to check out more. Search Pure Blend Pro and you will find some nice grow threads. I try to SHARE my success and pleasure I have had with PBP. Sometimes people are interested, sometimes offended which I truly do not intend and am very sorry if so. To each his own.

I do not find yield reduced at all. I don't want to say it makes the yield bigger because again people might find that offensive. I will say that IMHO it is very simple and easy to use, and that means you have a good chance of having healthy, stress free ladies and then they will hopefully be more healthy and have nice big buds. Anytime there are issues (deficiencies, etc) the growth is stalled for a while. PEACE

Thanks for the information MikeRoOrganix. I'll have a look into the PBP and check out the results.

Thanks again.

Peace.:tiphat:

uh oh now you'll call 'em out for sure p4p! :) I was trying to fly low profile :)

They say that to be honest. The PBP has micro-nutes that come from natural sources but are not classified as organic. You can see the label at americanagritech dot com website.

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
I use pbp handwatering in coco.... And organic teas....

PBP is the bees knees...... IMO

Swithched to EJ bloom for no N flower nute... Problems started. Switched to PBP soil.... Less N. More P... Back on track

:watchplant:

tried to phase my answer as helpfully and positivly as possible with a disclaimer that my knowledge is not perfect and i still got neg k- awesome! Thanks GrnMtnGrwr

justintime420

dont know if it helps but i run rockwool cubes in pots and brew teas...i feed AN line all week and once every week i brew and aerate a tea drum to feed them all. So i mix teas with nutes and it works out nice for me. The teas works nice with the bene bacteria and enzymes

Latest posts

Latest posts