What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Quazi's Movin' on Up - 400W of CMH in a DR80

Quazi

First Pull from the Tent!

First Pull from the Tent!

the.rise: I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it ;)

Thundurkel: could be! Glad you like the looks of it.

Well, at just shy of 60 days, it was time to bring the girls down. They were good and swollen and enough of the trichomes were starting to turn amber for me.

I like to harvest when everything is cloudy and there are just a few amber trichs so that's what I went for.

Anyway, let's get on with the show! Hope you enjoy :)

First, we have Bubble & Squeak:

Click for High Quality Version

She suffered a bit towards the end as she struggled through the pH experimentation that she received when she was younger. The yield may have suffered but the scent is a beautiful mix of skunk and sugar and the resin... well, the resin:

The resin production on this girl ended up being insane. You'd think there was some Destroyer in her or something. I blame the CMH:

I cannot wait to give this stuff a try once it's gotten a dry and cure on it.

Next, we've got Legend's RGD:

This NL/Haze brought on the chunky buds and threw a decent amount of resin too:

She ended up with the sort of generic sweet smell often found from the NL with a touch of citrus and stank:

Next, we've got some PK. This is not the F2. I did not manage to grab any photos from her as this harvest took far longer than anticipated. The F2 actually produced a bit more. It was more sativa like in cola structure but, oddly, more branched like that of an indica. Very bizarre. Anywho, this is from the original PK line that you might've caught glimpses of in my 150W cabinet.

Enough babbling Quazi... show the nice folks some more pictures:

These girls threw a decent amount of purple for me. Very beautiful:

Big, beautiful trichomes covered this sweet smelling, wonderful plant. The high from this girl is just outta the park. Uplifting, soaring. Not to be smoked before bed:

Next up, we've got the always beautiful Afghooey:

This girl produced massive, goo-covered buds for me. I love this strain; she never disappoints:

If you've read this thread before, you already know the trichs on this girl are just lovely:

Lastly, we've got another one of my favorite strains, Headband. This badass grows beautiful, chunky, diesely-looking buds that smell and smoke like the stuff from 10-15 years ago:

The calyxes and collections of calyxes form into round swells all over the colas that give them a wonderful chunky look:

However, it's the taste and smoothness of this smoke that sets it apart. The high is strong, long-lasting, unique, and the flavor is everything you're looking for when you want to smoke some stanky goodness:

The harvest weight will be calculated when everything dries but you can bet it'll be plenty enough for me ;)

Anyway, that's it for this run.

I'll have some pics of some pineapple I've got going along with some pics of the harvest soon. So, stay tuned!

Good luck in your travels!

-Q :rasta:

Quazi

Thanks DiscoBiscuit!

These were taken on a 5.1MP camera that is about 4-5 years old...

I can't wait until I get a new camera. I promise to share the results :)

Quazi

Sam the Caveman: stay tuned! I'll definitely grab some pics of the harvest and some dry pics as the girls are going into the jars for the cure.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Nice buds and pics! I get great shots with my Canon Power Shot A410 it's only 3.2MP and my buddy comes to me to take macro shots of his best nugs and his camera is better than mine and has a macro setting! lol Great resin production with that CMH I'm so excited to see what happens when I switch to my 10,000K MH for the last 2 weeks it supposedly makes the buds throw out hella resin get fatter and produce better aroma than usual so should be cool to see.. Keep up the good work Tent Squad in the house bitches!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Hows the Dr80 looking now? What do you have in it? The wife didn't make you get rid of it right?

Quazi

Hey all! :wave:

Sorry I didn't get around to updating this thread like I thought I would. C'est la vie.

This turned out to be quite the harvest. Lasted me for a few months indeed. I've got some girls at 7 weeks in another thread I just started. They're above and beyond anything I've shown you in here and I've got a new camera to boot!

I'd love to see your faces over there too!
Quazi and His 400W CMH At it Again! - Apalala, Afghooey, Chocolate Thai, Headband

Take care and good luck in your travels!