What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"A Clone Named Sprout" (Or Proof Clones Can Happen Whenever, Wherever)

Quazi

Hello everyone.

I come to you bearing a story on this snowy winter's evening in hopes that it might educate and inspire those of you unsure about whether/when a clone can be taken. This is also a story for those who think that cannabis is a delicate plant that cannot handle immense amounts of stress. It's also for those who think rooting horomone is absolutely necessary.

I am only here to tell a story. I have learned and understand fine and well the ways of cloning and I have had 100% success since my first experience. I don't necessarily recommend that anyone try this and expect it to work. I just want everyone to know that it does.

I come to you with a story of the strength, perseverance and ultimately, the harvest of a little Kush clone named Sprout.

:ying::ying::ying: A Clone Named Sprout :ying::ying::ying:
57386sproutweek1.JPG

Once upon a time, Quazi only had experience with basements and fluoros. He did not care to take the time to learn the advanced tools of the trade. He only knew enough to help create some ganja:

Then along came a magical wizard more powerful and knowledgeable than any Oz or Einstein. This magical wizard's name was Icmag.

And Icmag showed Quazi the ways of those so closely related to his path. Icmag taught him the ways of the HID. The mysterious voodoo of the great Greenjeans. The mighty destroyer of the arctic tundra, Beezerfroy spoke volumes of the CMH gods. Then there was the almighty Ehngeebee who showed us all how great things could come from small packages.

Quazi also stumbled across the paths of the great and powerful cloners of the gods. Could it be true that it was as simple as it seemed?

And it was good.

Wanting to utilize and use the new information gained, Quazi went to quick work creating tools of the masters:

Only, there was one small problem. Quazi had also heard the many tales of those who said they had tried (or hadn't really) and failed to create the mighty clones which would allow a strain to live on!

As his most recent project was nearing completion, he found himself with three problems.

1) It was time to harvest.
2) All of the good growing tips were covered in bud.
3) Budget, budget, budget.

What was Quazi to do?!

Improvise.

Since it was the first time creating clones, Quazi took a whole tray of them from the wonderful plants being harvested. Only two were allowed in the tray that had tips on them. The rest, including a very special little clone, were taken from the middle of the stems with only the fan leaves to aid them.

The mothers were more than willing to ablige and so, from them:

Came the new family:

They were taken to their new homes where they would be allowed to rest and get ready for beginning their lives anew. They did not bathe in the horomones of the gods before jumping in. They were simply sliced, and inserted into perlite.

Alas: poor Quazi, unlearned in the ways of the cloning, accidentally drowned the entire family by filling up the bottom with too much water... except for one.

Sprout. Sprout was among 4-5 that looked like they would make it. However, Sprout was soon alone.

Then, the big day came when Sprout would get a chance to show herself. The perlite was carefully removed around the base and her new home was eager and waiting.

Unfortunately, poor Quazi didn't realize just how comfortable Sprout hot gotten in her temporary home. She had rooted further down than Quazi had thought. So when she went to be pulled from her perlite, off popped her roots. Clean off from where they had started growing.

After this Quazi thought there couldn't possibly be any hope. According to Icmag, clones needed horomones, proper conditions, a growth tip and they really shouldn't even be taken in flowering, let alone at harvest time!

But Quazi, remembering the teachings of those he had met across his path, decided that perseverance and care would be enough, so he would give it a try anyway.

So, Sprout was planted 14 days after being taken without a root.

Things were not looking up for our little clone:

A day after being transplanted, two of her arms fell off:

It seemed that poor Sprout was weakening by the hour.

So Quazi spent time with Sprout. He told Sprout of the Destroyers of Beezerfroy and the Soggers of Greenjeans and how it seemed that anything was possible.

He checked on her frequently and kept speaking to her, expecting the green to fade, and the poor little girl to shrivel and die before she even got a chance.

Then, after a few days, when the bigger leaves seemed to be fading, something started happening:

Part II continues below...

Last edited:

Quazi

A Clone Named Sprout - Part II

A Clone Named Sprout - Part II

Could it be? Could Sprout really be alive? After all of this? Could the great ganja plant really be so magnificent?

Then, as if by the great Icmag himself, Sprout started growing:

...and growing:

Then Sprout got so excited that she started exposing herself! :redface:

Now that she was getting so comfortable in her new home (I mean exposing herself to all the other girls (and a boy!?) in there?), she decided to start growing even faster:

She started to get big enough to train, and so she began:

Sprout trained hard and long until she had passed her test and was given a larger home:

Then, the time came, and she joined her cousin under the warm glow of the HPS:

Boy, did Sprout like it in there!:

She liked it so much, that she decided to get all dressed up and look for a mate:

Her white dress just got more beautiful by the day:

Not only that, but she had a nice set of legs on her too:

She was getting to be quite the looker:

Eventually, her cousin Dorothy moved out and she had all the room in the world to soak up the rays:

Part III finishes below...

Last edited:

Quazi

A Clone Named Sprout - Part III

A Clone Named Sprout - Part III

Since she was alone, she had to become the woman of the house so she grew up even bigger and stronger:

Then she started to go out on dates a lot and so she started to put lots of powder on:

As she started getting older, she got a little less concerned with just how much powder she was putting on (not that I minded a bit):

Then, the beautiful white dress started to fade to oranges and reds:

As her powder got thicker, and cloudier:

Eventually, Sprout started to put powder on that didn't match the rest of the cloudy whiteness, an amber color which she started putting on more, and more:

And so... at the ripe old age of 116 days:

Sprout was kindly thanked, and goodbyes were shared:

Thanks Sprout:

You taught me, more than anything, that cannabis is one of the greatest plants on the earth and that it was gifted to us all to share for a reason.

For all the complications, voodoo, myths and misinformation about what can and can't be done with this wonderful plant, I hope this story can help us all understand just how awesome that thing is that we do.

That thing we do that we sometimes take for granted:

We grow the greatest plant that Earth has to offer.

She thanks us with her resiliency, her strength, and her sacrifice.

Good luck in your travels, everyone and have a safe and happy new year!

-Q :rasta:

Last edited:

ReeferRon

Nice!

Yes plants ability to clone themselves is amazing.

Just think this plant has been evolving for millions of years to get that resilient.

I've had outdoor plants loose branches due to storm and the branches take root on the ground next to mamma all by themselves. Right now I have a NL pheno that will root in 4-5 days in the bubble cloner. Bitch wants to live!

Again, cool Ganja tale.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I love a sappy christmas story.

Grampa, grampa, tell us again about the little Sprout that could.

Well kids, pffffffffffft .... once upon a time...

Way to persevere.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
What?! There's no way you can leave it like that! Tell us Sprout had daughters! Tell us how her mighty line continues to this day!

:D

Nice story bro :joint:

Quazi

A mom was selected from a reveg of one of the girls from the original harvest. She was selected for her yield and growth problems. The mom is alive and well and has produced plenty of clones that have been spread around. The clones that she produces are incredible growers, just like Sprout. In addition: haven't lost a clone from her yet.

I'm glad everyone has enjoyed the story.

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

-Q :rasta:

Last edited:

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
See, doesn't that feel better? Beginning middle, AND end, you damn stoner! :bashhead:

:biglaugh:

oohcow

i see you are using greatful deads cloner... with the 3 trays and the wicks with perlight...

i was wondering in his past thread and this one...do you drill holes in all 3 trays and put the wick through all 3 of them??? thanks.

loved the story by the way! inspiring for a clone virgin bout to pop his cherry soon

I almost feel like crying after reading the moving tale of the little plant that could. Seriously I can feel the tear welling up in my left eye. fuck I love this wonderful herb.

I'd have been revegging sprout as she's obviously a very special lady. (EDIT) plus i'm a soppy git and would have felt emotionally attatched to such a plant after that story.

In fact upon reading this story i had a little daydream of watching myself thanking plants individually for all their hard work, apologising for my messups and if it hurts, saying our goodbyes, giving a salute, and doing the harvest.. This feels like the right way to do things, a little karma perhaps. They are living ladies after all.

Good ol' sprout. Maysherestinpeace.

Last edited:

Bulldog11

Veteran
I loved the story of the sprout that could. You are an inspiration to all, and the moral of that story should be never give up and always believe. Good work, may there be many more harvest in your garden.

Graffiti

*Claps loudly* Quazi you brought a tear to my eye. This outta be written out and published like a childrens book (once weed is legal)! lol But really this is a very well written thread, an inspiration to all growers out there. ITS A WEED! GROW IT!
:canabis:
Peace