What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Filter Your Air Intakes - Photos of < 2 Weeks of Buildup Will Convince You

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Forget what bterzz's drywall dust does to the grow. Think about what it'll do to your lungs. Clean glass will block as much as 10% of your light. How much do you think filthy glass will block? Lets not forget clogging up our scrubbers as well.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Thanks for the tip. I had to use dryer sheets until I can pick up something more suitable. I'm hoping I won't have to clean the cool tube as often.

G

Gr8fulDen

picture.php

G

Gr8fulDen

My previous post shows my micro cab with vent filters a.k.a. electrostatic register filters from Home Depot. Don't know how they compare to some of the other types listed on this thread but it seems like an adequate line of defense.

B

banjobrain

Great thread...great ideas! I will be using darkroom louvers as intakes for my cab. I was thinking of a filter (pantyhose around the louvers)...but obviously, my thoughts were not on the right track.

Thanks for pointing this out and bringing it to my attention. The photos are a big help.

Nice work!

I found that if your intake is quite large, the rush of air isn't enough to bring considerable amounts of dust in. I just hoover around the grow area now and then.
In the wild there is a lot more crap flying around than indoors.
I would rig up some sort of intake filter, but frankly on top of all the other things I do for my plants I can't be fooked. }:{D

tree d

If you have animals indoors, an intake filter is a must......unless you like picking tiny cat hairs out of your buds!!! <-------1st hand