What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What to do With Dry Sift Leftovers

eddie.saw

Well the title pretty much says it. Now I haven't done this one a large level or anything. so i'm saving up my trim to run through my bags and maybe press some as well, but thats all at the grow... At home i have probably a few ozs of shake/sugerleaf/budstems that i've shaken in my old grinder after it has sat in the freezer for about 20 mins. The shake time usually is only a few minutes of me randomly shaking it..

So, i'm wondering, am i just collecting compost material or can there be a way for me to get any goodness out of this stuff.. I've heard i can make butter but in my mind i dont feel like the stuff would have enough potency for me to really do anything with it.. unless i eat the whole tray of brownies.. haha

Anyways, what do you guys think, QWISO, butane, ethanol? whats the score? where do we stand here? :joint:

'Boogieman'

I compost mine, have tried the butter option with no luck really, butane might get something out of it though.

PDX Dopesmoker

Whatever you're sifting out of the waste material probably has drug value if you got enough volume of it. If you make cannabutter with like 1 stick of butter for every 2z or so of waste material you might get a potent batch. One time I had a bunch of sifted trim and I ground it up real fine and then made it into pesto and put that on some pasta and got wasted as fuck. If was about 30g of marijuana per serving and not bad either after the requisite amount of garlic, salt & olive oil was added and it was all cooked together. You can make bhang too, thats another good use for low potency material.

squatty

After making dry ice kief I've poured ethanol over the material and then evaporated that off.

I then mix it in with honey which is wonderful in tea.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I trim over a screen then bho extract the sugar leaf/larf that I missed with a quick drysift. Everything post extract plus my fan leaves and stems I use as a mulch/top dress
Anytime I've had mites I throw this thru the compost bin before using it as topdressing.