What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Kush - regs or fems?

Samuel Caldwell

Hey friends. I'm looking for thoughts and opinions.

I was gifted a pack of fems many moons ago. Unfortunately, life got in the way before I got a chance to grow them and when I finally tried recently, none germinated. :frown: I assume the unregulated temps in the storage unit were to blame. Anyway, I'd like to replace them; this is a line I've always wanted to try.

So, fems or regs? Both are currently available at realgorilla. The thought of finding a nice male is fun, making my own BK seeds and possible crosses...

But then again, just give me a nice female that I can clone and have a nice mom to keep around. Realistically, I just don't have the time nor space to do lots of breeding and experimenting. Right now anyway.

So, thoughts and opinions on both, regs and fems? Appreciate all opinions. Thanks, VG, for all your work! I loved your bluedigiberry when I grew it and I'm looking forward to trying it again! Thank to all!

sc

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey there, from your post it sounds like fems might be more suitable.

thanks for the kind words,

VG

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Well, both, of course! :biggrin:

I have a pack of the regs, and what I am looking forward to when I pop them is to see if a Katsu-leaner shows up. I guess that would be one advantage with the regs, that possibility, if you're at all interested in such a thing.

Otherwise it does seems like fems would work better in your situation.

Good luck!

Samuel Caldwell

Thanks, VG! I kind of look at the pre-98 fems as your #1 line and I'm always drawn towards the classics. How difficult is it to keep a mom alive for a long time? That's something I'm just starting to research. Having seeds available in the fridge sure seems like a nice safe backup. I suppose I could always buy more, but you know....

The addition of the katsu line sure seems like the best of both worlds, though. Any big differences in the smoke? I've read main threads and it seems like a win/win, whichever way I go. Just trying to look at all the angles before I pull the trigger. Thanks for indulging me. :smoke:

Thanks Shmavis!

BombBudPuffa

Veteran
The fems are awesome if you like pre98

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2018-09-21 14.46.24.jpg
    2018-09-21 14.46.24.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 2018-09-21 14.45.47.jpg
    2018-09-21 14.45.47.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 2018-10-03 20.43.11.jpg
    2018-10-03 20.43.11.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 40

Samuel Caldwell

You're both right. Looking over the threads again, I've gotta go for the S1 fems. The descriptions just seem like a classic that I can't let pass. Thanks.

My plate's a little full right now but this is something I've wanted to try for quite awhile. We'll see what I can work out. Thanks again!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am working on a fem cross of the Katsu and pre-98 cuts... just about to attempt another STS reverse on the katsu cut. first attempt showed that it is reluctant to reverse but then that's probably a good thing in the long run.

We need more grows documented of the Bubba regs. I will do a run myself at some point soon (i didn't own the katsu cut when i made the regs so i can be more objective now). Grr need more space!

VG

BombBudPuffa

Veteran
I am working on a fem cross of the Katsu and pre-98 cuts... just about to attempt another STS reverse on the katsu cut. first attempt showed that it is reluctant to reverse but then that's probably a good thing in the long run.

We need more grows documented of the Bubba regs. I will do a run myself at some point soon (i didn't own the katsu cut when i made the regs so i can be more objective now). Grr need more space!

VG

I have 2 bx of your s1 atm. All so I could have tons of regular bubba seeds to grow through. Here's a cross I made with your s1...pre98 s1 x ( Purple Wreck x Blue Moonshine ) and a male from the cross I used to bx to your s1.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2018-06-26 02.18.21.jpg
    2018-06-26 02.18.21.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 2018-07-04 09.43.27.jpg
    2018-07-04 09.43.27.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 39
  • 2018-07-22 15.05.19.jpg
    2018-07-22 15.05.19.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 2018-07-22 15.04.39.jpg
    2018-07-22 15.04.39.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 35

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd say Regs so that you can make seeds & revisit the line any time you want, in the future.

Either are a good choice though.

Latest posts

Latest posts