What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hashishh' Peak Seeds BC run - NS, KS, SS, SSxC99 Input Welcome!

Robbie vapez

Good stuff Hash, had a few choice cuts years ago, Mike has excellent genetics. Check out Hush's threads, he convinced me to try some more Peak goodness

Hashishh

Thanks for all the replies guys! Been in and out of town the last few weeks so I've been having a hard time tending to the garden. The ol' lady was taking care of them again and had a few problems so the plants arent looking too good. They're finally recovering from the stress but I believe I've got spider mites or some sort of critters in there. Rust spots on the leaves, black spots under the leaves and the odd web here and there.

I've started treating with neem oil and since I've had such luck with pests I'll continue to treat every few days until flowering as a preventative measure. Seems the time of year too where all the bugs are trying to find warmth so it's not quite surprising.

Hashishh

Looks like the neems working. Perking up and growing now. Just gotta keep up with it. Spraying every day or odd day for now.

Still nothing exciting. I'll try and get some pics up in a couple weeks once growth starts to take off. Been busy with work and other things lately so it's hard to even get time to tend to the garden.

Hashishh

Sorry for the inactivity lately guys! To say work is hectic would be an understatement. Luckily I got some time off to finish off school, which means I'm gonna have a whole lot more time on my hands for the next couple months.

So after a few weeks of battling thrips and mites, we've finally got things sorted out with soap, water and neem, and some ladybugs. Seems there's still something in there as the ladybugs pop up every once in a while. But growth has resumed so that's a good sign, but we're a little behind compared to where I'd like to have been by now.

picture.php

5 of the 9 have been topped/FIM'd and will be starting some LST in the coming week.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Good news. Always better to sort these issues out when plants are small. All those pests are pain in the ass with bushes, or even worse, in bloom!

Hashishh

That's my biggest worry is having to deal with any little critters in bloom. I'm gonna spray twice a week up until I start flower. Will likely keep releasing lady bugs here and there as a control/deterrent during bloom.

Waiting on pre flowers now so I can start thinning out the heard. Planning on a pollen chuck or two. There's a couple desirable traits in the mix. Wish I would have grabbed some early flowering genetics just for crossbreeding.

Will also have to invest in a smaller tent or build a cab. Was hoping to pull 2 harvests before we move but looks like we'll be outta here in March now rather than April/May.
On the bright side, this means next year's outdoor grow could be exciting!

Given the short grow season where we're headed I'll have to look into some fast flowering genetics. Last frost around mid May and first frost around beginning to mid September.
Any suggestions ladies and gents?

Robbie vapez

Keep the grow area clean and tidy, mix up your spray regimes to keep the mites at bay. I only ever had problems with spider mites a few times and then only once had a serious infestation.
I understand about the hectic work schedule, I am doing the same at the moment

Hashishh

Yup trying to keep it as spotless as possible.
Was up fairly early this morning so I made some coffee and got to work in the tent. Topped the remaining plants and LST'd the ones that were ready. Should be nice and bushy in there in a few weeks.

picture.php

picture.php

Well time to get all my running around and studying done. Have a great morning everyone! :joint:

Hashishh

picture.php

Getting nice a bushy in there! Time for another feed. Just trying to stretch the growth out across the tent now then I'll let it grow vertically. Still debating on whether I want to throw a scrog net in there or not once I've tossed a couple plants out.

Hashishh

picture.php

Getting bushier and bushier.

picture.php

Starting to see pre flowers on some plants. Gonna be keeping a close eye on them. Hoping to flip to 12/12 by the end of the month.

Hashishh

Thanks BombBudPuffa!

Been same old same old. Weathers been cooperating a bit so I've fired up on 400w. Temps still a little high but manageable. 28c lights on and around 20c lights off.

picture.php

Just working on getting them bushed out and getting that side growth growing vertical. Really hoping to kick them into flower by the end of November.
We will see! :biggrin:

Hashishh

And they have!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Time to let em grow up now. Got most of them bushed out. I'll keep working a couple but its gonna be a jungle in there real quick.

Keeping an eye on pre flowers still.

picture.php

Well time to hit the books a bit. 5 more weeks left to my course. Getting a bit boring on that front, but it is what it is, and has to be done.
On the bright side it's a nice little vacation!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day! Cold and snowy here :freezing:

Hashishh

Hey guys, so I'm at the point where I'd like to make a little more room in the tent so I've got to sex these.

Most have popped pre flowers apart from 3. The 5 all look identical to the ones in the pics but I've never really sexed off pre flowers before. None have popped any hairs of any sort so I've got a feeling they might be males.

At this point I'm wondering what my best course of action would be? Should I flip to 12/12 for a week then reveg and lose out on a few weeks growth? Or should I take a cut off each plant and put those in cups and put them under a CFL at 12/12?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Have a good morning everyone!

Hashishh

Well I was poking around in there again with my loupe.

Here's a couple pics from my findings.

picture.php

picture.php

We've got a definite 3/4 females with the northernberry. I took a cutting from the one I believe is a male and placed it in the dark. Will put it under 12/12 tomorrow and see what happens.

The remaining 4 aren't showing any solid signs of sex yet so I may just have to sit back and wait. The taller KS is looking female but no pistils as of yet.

If the NB turns out male ill rip him out to make a little more room.

Now that it looks like I'll end up with at least 4 ladies I can start pre building my scrog. I was thinking of doing one at 34x24 so I can scrog 4 ladies and have a male or two as pollen donors off to the side to make it easier to access them.

Thoughts? Pretty stoked now that I've got 3 confirmed girls!

Hashishh

picture.php

Just about full. Will likely flip next week. Just trying to fill a bit more space in the back and on the sides.
Still only 3 confirmed girls but I'm sure a couple more will pop up. The smaller Kush Skunk in the back I'm fairly confident is a lady, as well as the SS in the bottom left corner.

Gonna let them grow a few more inches taller and it's time to flip.

Latest posts

Latest posts